Youth Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamlandnh

Reaction score
Which class would be best to put my daughter in...Country Pleasure (class # 1304) or Pleasure Driving (class # 1308).
default_wacko.png
: This is for an AMHR rated show. Millie does not have any high stepping action so I know she is not Park Pleasure.

Pleaes let me know so that I can get my entry form sent in before the deadline.

Thanks!

It sounds like she would be a COUNTRY Pleasure Driving horse.

:saludando: Thank you very much for getting back to me.

Well, it's raining here again in NH so must run out and get the girls in!

Without seeing her in action, if she moves with a lower headset and not a lot of action, I would say Country Pleasure (I like to think of the Country Pleasure horse as one that you could harness up and drive down a country road to get an ice cream, safely).

The Pleasure horse has more action and "fire" in my opinion...one that if I had somewhere to get to in a hurry and wanted to look flashy doing it, that would be the horse I would take.

The Park harness horse is the most extreme of all - high action, high headset and lots of "fire" - think fine harness horse or Modern Shetland type of action (just my opinion).

Best of luck!

Denise

Silversong Farm

How old is your daughter? How much experience does she have? How does your mare carry her head?

I agree with what the others have said...but....I have put children in the Youth Pleasure Driving class instead of the Country Pleasure class when they are just learning. The Pleasure classes are generally much smaller --which means a lot less other drivers to deal with. If your mare collects and carries her head up, she won't look out of place even if she doesn't have a lot of animation.

There are not that many youth in the under 7 classes & if they DO stay with the driving & you start her in one class & then change-- your Hall of Fame points will have to start all over again -- I would try to figure out where the horse belongs & start & keep it there.

Linda - thanks. I will change it for the rated show. She had a great time at the little show yesterday and went in the rain. We used the indoor ring so just got wet on the way to the ring.

Thank you all! This is a great please to meet friends from all over and loads of information!

Latest posts

Back