Youth Costume class

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
OK, I am thinking about going to a show with Izzy and her little gelding, and one of the classes I think she would love is Youth Costume. Izzy is a mere 4 years old. Her gelding is 29.5" tall. Please give me some ideas for an easy and inexpensive costume for them.

Here are a couple of photos of them from their last show:

gallery_602_111_31980.jpg

gallery_602_111_44688.jpg

Thanks!

Adorable!
default_wub.png
I could list and list ideas; but today I was playing around on Youtube and put in Horse costume classes and miniature horse costume classes and there were lots of pictures. You might look there too. As I mentioned to another thread on this a month or so ago; the dollar stores and such have lots of things to use for costumes cheap. Also found some things at party/costume stores that weren't too costly. There are so many ideas. A lot of little girls love the Disney Princesses; so you could go with one of those dress up outfits and find something to add for the horse. Have fun!
default_biggrin.png

I totally see a Fairy Princess and her unicorn or her fairy friend!

I love costume class! You could do a little pippy long stockings thing with my little pony, or go to Micheals craft store and buy wings and do Athena and pegasis.. I'll send apicture of me in costume as this is my garden.

costumeclass001.jpg

I painted her green with non toxic child safe water color and then painted on the black eyed susans used pom pms for the eyes and added bees and butterflys, all bought at Micheals craft store. Won first prize at AMHR area one.

I'm thinking Strawberry Shortcake and Honey Pie!

53.jpg

For your daughter, you can order a Strawberry Shortcake costume online. Here are some photos (I found using Google for reference).

I think it would be very cute ;)

Reference images:

Click to view Strawberry Shortcake

Click to view Honey Pie

Strawberry Costume:

41GK6n82TrL._AA300_.jpg

Price: $23.20 (Wig is an additional $10) plus shipping, or free shipping if you have Amazon Prime (you can get a free one-month trial, but you'll have to remember to cancel it before you get billed).

Strawberry Costume on Amazon.com

For your horse, you'll have to paint him to be golden, but the dapples may work for him since Berry Pretty Ponies seem to have dapples. And buy some flowers to decorate the mane next to the ears and a big green bow for the tail, plus a saddle blanket (pink with white trim if possible).

Here are some product suggestions for coloring your horse:

Show Touch Up Paint About $11/color plus shipping.

You'll probably need Sorrel (for the body) and Palomino (for the mane) and maybe the white, too if you want to paint white areas also.

Total price if you buy everything should stay under $100 for sure, and may even include shipping
default_smile.png
To me, that's an affordable price to pay for costuming 2 bodies. But I don't know what your budget is. Hope you like my idea. You don't need to use it, though. I won't be hurt ;)

All right, I settled on an idea! I ordered a VERY cute bumblebee costume for my girl. Laddie has a green sleezy we can decorate, I am going to buy a bunch of felt and make flowers to pin all over it. I think they will be darling! I will share pics! :D Thanks for the ideas, everyone!!! :D :D :D

Hi Amy...I just PM'd you....you can not recieve any new messages?? Love the bumble bee idea and I have a few things that i could send you and your daughter if you'd like.PM me your address

I always thought a cute "raining/reining" horse would be cute....but maybe the children wouldnt understand it as much. Cut little blue rain drops from foam or blue paper attach them all over your horse and the "person could be in a cowboy outfit and carrying an umbrella....

or how bout a barrel horse....completley cover a horse sheet or blanket with that shelf type sticky paper that looks like faux wood...put a couple of pillows on each side of the horse just to fill out the "barrel" and tuck them under the blanket before buckeling it up. Person just go as a cowboy.....I have one horse that probabbly wouldnt even need the pillows!!! LOL

P>S> Your daughter is cute as a button

Amy, they are a cute pair! I was thinking as I read it that she could be a pot of honey and he could be a bee...then I see you are planning on Laddie as a flower and Izzy a bee. I think it will be adorable and can't wait to see pix.

Angie

LittleRibbie said:
I always thought a cute "raining/reining" horse would be cute....but maybe the children wouldnt understand it as much. Cut little blue rain drops from foam or blue paper attach them all over your horse and the "person could be in a cowboy outfit and carrying an umbrella....or how bout a barrel horse....completley cover a horse sheet or blanket with that shelf type sticky paper that looks like faux wood...put a couple of pillows on each side of the horse just to fill out the "barrel" and tuck them under the blanket before buckeling it up. Person just go as a cowboy.....I have one horse that probabbly wouldnt even need the pillows!!! LOL
LOVE IT!!!!

Leia

Latest posts

Back