your opinion pleae

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAGamble11

Reaction score
here is my stallion Jordan's Just-A-Gamble

( sorry bout the pics last time im still tryin to figure out how to use my computer & camera)

anyway here he is

l_6f102cbadfba4db576d3707f32ea6698.jpg

this was from a show this year

Im going to take a shot at this, so if somthing I say is wrong dont hold it against me hehe.

He has a nice head one him (I think the show halter could be a little higher on his face), he has a little bit of a short neck that could be cleaned up a little (sweated ect.), he seems a little bum high but could be the ground, nice legs but the back ones seemed to be a little tipped out.

Thats all I have to say for now, he is certainly a pretty boy and I love the blue eyes.

And from one of your other posts about his color, he does seem to be a Sabino because he clips pretty light, Roy is a deep red roany color in the winter but when you clip him he is almost white. Color is very confusing somtimes, they seem to like to trick us
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I would personally put a little bit more weight on him and get him on a conditioning rutine with better nutrition. You can see the dip around his hip bone. Also, the noseband on his show halter sits to low on his face, shorten it up a bit so its just below the cheek bone, looks like it needs moved up a good inch and a half or so.

His topline could use some improvement, he is butt high and possibly goose rumped and his tailset looks really low. The biggest issue i see is that he has a weak hip and shoulder which is really throwing him off as his mid section is the largest part of him lol. With nutrition and conditioning, his hip and shoulder will fill out.

His neck is coming out pretty low, i'd like to see it come out higher and the low neck tie in can throw off the shoulder and make a horse look downhill i think imo.

I like the length of his back, he almost makes a square. His neck is a little tad bit to short for my liking and just a bit thick, he has a pretty big buldge on the neck which you could hide with sweating and working it lower in the ring but then that will make his neck look like it ties in even lower if you work his neck lower in the ring so its a loose/loose situation with that lol. His ears might might be a little long but he has BEAUTIFUL large eyes and a nice head. His head might be just a little flat in the nose but a nice jaw and expression on him.

His hooves look a little long and he is standing funny on them, i'd have a farrier take a look at him and they should fix you right up. He will stand up better with correct trimming.

He does have neat color, i bet he would kick butt in the color clases! Love the baby blues
default_smile.png

Just wanted to add, im no pro or judge or anything like that but my honest conformational opinion
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back