you might remember I said we were getting a kitten- well in the true tradition of miniature horse ow

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagles ring farm

Reaction score
We Got ......2

2 female Ragdolls kittens . They have been so much fun we picked them up last Sunday

Their names are.... Nuts & Bolts

cats005.jpg

cats011.jpg

and finally ...2 sleepy kittys
cats006.jpg

Oh I am soooo in love and their names are purrrrfect :). Congrats on your new fur babies.

AWWWWWW! I love them!!! Look at those blue eyes....... I just melt!!!
default_wub.png
:wub

Congratulations! They are beautiful!

We have a litter of 5 here now (they've all been sold and will be leaving this weekend). Love the mitted seals. We have two female mitted seals, a female blue point, a male blue point, and a male seal bi-colour. Love the mix we get with Jasmine and our boy Seamus.

Thanks everyone we are really enjoying watching them

Nuts is the one with the white on her chin ....we named her nuts because we only planned to get 1 and changed our minds and got both ......

so we said we were nuts to get 2. that's how they got their names

Matt your kittens are so gorgeous, seeing them on the forum is what started me loving the Ragdolls

Oh my goodness.....Kim sent me a text saying I had to check these two out.....(I was out of town so off line).....omg, love, love, love them........ I have two Raggies........they are blues........and so darn much fun......however, not the sharpest knives in the drawer if you know what I mean, but then again I did need smart cats...haha. Love nuts and bolts.......so fun, can't wait for picture updates..
default_smile.png

Thank you everyone for letting us share our new girls.

Valarie you are so right and you know how much fun we're having with these 2.

My husband Art came up with their names I loved it

I love them!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so fun too to watch them play and be silly together.

How beautiful! And the names are awesome! I am a persian lover too. I have a male ragg-a, muffin Razzlemedazzleme. A male brown tabby persian, Prince Humperdink ugly cat, and a silver tabby female Princess Buttercup. I just finished paying her off and I am so excited she is all mine!

Congrats Matt!

Hi Eagles Ring,

Your new kittens are adorable!

Below is a link I would encourage you to take a look at. It allows you to swab you kittens' mouths, send in the swabs, and have them tested for the genetic mutation for cardiomyopathy that is fairly common in Ragdolls. Or, ideally, the breeder you bought them from has already done this and both parents are negative, which would mean your kittens are negative, as well.

Why would you want to do this? Well, it's very common in Ragdolls (the figure I learned is 30%, but that could have changed) and you could return a pos/pos kitten that will likely die from heart failure sometime in the potentially near future to save yourself the heartache and expense, or, you would know that the chances of you cat eventually developing hypertrophic cardiomyopathy are very high and then have him/her checked at routine intervals, as medical care started early in the process (prior to the clinical signs of heart failure that would alert you to the problem) can improve the quality/quantity of your cat's life. Or, you could go to the breeder and demand part of the money you paid for them back to help with possible future medical expenses, as responsible ragdoll breeders should be testing for this particular mutation.

Note, a negative test doesn't mean your kittens won't ever develop a cardiomyopathy, but it does mean they won't develop the one by this particular genetic mutation, which is responsible for the bulk of cardiomyopathies in Ragdolls.

I would guess you might already know about this, so forgive me if it's duplicative. And if you didn't, sorry about giving you potentially bad news. I own a doberman, who has a 60% chance of dying from a heritable cardiomyopathy.....and there is only one genetic mutation test available, though there are at least one or two more prominent mutations out there that can't be tested for in dobermans yet. So from where I sit, the Ragdoll breed's risk is greatly preferable!

Wendy

http://www.cvm.ncsu.edu/vhc/csds/vcgl/ragdoll-faq.html

thank you Wendy for the warning .... we did check out the breeder and were sure she had them tested for that and a number of other things. So we feel safe there. I'm so sorry about your experience with your doberman. It must really be such a worry

So glad you are warning us about this potentially heart breaking outcome.

Back