My Two :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeaks

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I'm new here... So first and foremost, Howdy!!!

I come bearing pictures of my two little guy/gal!
default_smile.png

The first one here belongs to my husband, she's three this year. A spitfire and full of sass... Nice little mare, out of "Reece's Thunder Bay." She was purchased as a therapy horse and does a little bit of it here and there, she's stunning with my handicap brother. She's been everywhere, from Home Depot, to Downtown Fredericksburg ;)

photo1-2.jpg

1381895_10152018235542228_1224427493_n.jpg

I will have to get more pictures of her Monday, I'll be out of town all weekend... But I will come bearing more
default_smile.png
However, here's a video after her sneaky butt got out, I was tired after a long day hence the "Finally..." in exasperation at the end lol! She's a booger to catch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFfIWrG4TA

The second one here is one my Mom picked up last weekend and said "Surprise!" Fortunately she has a knack for picking pretty nice (temperament) horses. He's a four year old, unsure of his height at the moment, I haven't had a whole lot of time to mess with him. However, the time I have had he has been an absolute star. He's patient, intelligent, smart, and sooooo easy going. Stood next to me for a good thirty minutes on the deck without so much as a stomp or paw. Quite a breath of fresh air after my "airy" colt I had a couple years ago who was a little thick in the head ;)

I have no idea as to his parentage. The people we bought him from had him a whole two days before they gave him up, they lived in a subdivision and the wife was going through the "Empty Nest Syndrome" and was bringing animals home left and right. Supposedly came out of Sumerduck, VA at a Petting Zoo. "Supposedly" came from a facility that bred miniatures, was hoping to get papers (they were going to ask/try) but haven't heard anything back yet.

He is currently unnamed as he came to us with "Meatball" and he isn't keeping THAT name ;)

His toes are a tick long, particularly the back, but we are working on 'em!

tn_DSC_1237.jpg

^ Aspen isn't so sure about him ;)

Just doing some "exploring" around the house, getting to know where his viewpoint on things are

tn_DSC_1286.jpg

tn_DSC_1291.jpg

tn_DSC_1246.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
loved watching the "spitfire" running around, she can certainly motor! Your other guy is so cute, love his coloring, enjoy both of them.

loved watching the "spitfire" running around, she can certainly motor! Your other guy is so cute, love his coloring, enjoy both of them.
Goodness, does she ever! She has been a tough one to catch since day one, regardless of how she's approached. She's one of "those" mares that prefers to approach on her dime ;)

My brother used to ride double with my parents early on when they had horses and when he was much smaller and lighter. His favorite thing was to lean down and rub his hands through their manes. Daniel has the mentality of a 2 year old, so he doesn't communicate outside of grunts and groans. However, a broad smile cannot be misconstrued for anything but enjoyment/happiness
default_smile.png

Measured "Smokey" the day before and he came out to 34.5" tall
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back