Xmas Tree strung cut end up...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali

Reaction score
Lately, on the radio, there has been much discussion about the 'new' trend of hanging Xmas trees upside down from your ceiling. I finally saw one in real life yesterday while driving through a subdivision (I'm out in the boon docks) and FELL IN LOVE WITH THE IDEA. It looks gorgeous and somewhat makes sense although I don't know how one would do it with a real tree? Any ideas?

I've had my fake Xmas tree for over 15 yrs because I own dogs and didn't want them to use it as the pee-ithching post. Also, with the girls being so young I was frightened of the fire hazard. Currently, the fake tree does not have it's lower branches so that there's more room for presents.

Girls are spoiled rotten each Xmas (I'm mostly scrooge thru-out the year) therefore a tree strung upside down would give me more room for their presents. Currently, the presents are overflowing from under the tree and becoming an obstacle. So if the tree was upside down that would give me more room for presents, no fear of the dogs using it, and I could probably hang up most of my ornaments (collect Hallmark) by using the ceiling for the extras.
wacko.gif

I want to use a real tree next year but don't know how to keep it watered if it's upside down???
sad.gif
I suppose if I put the tree up one week before Xmas than it should stay fresh but I like to have the tree up for at least 3 weeks before XMas.
yes.gif

there has been much discussion about the 'new' trend of hanging Xmas trees upside down from your ceiling.

Ya know what they can do with their new trend?

Marty, Marty, Marty! I really was expecting something a little more hopeful than that!
laugh.gif

I can't wait to get my new computer so that I can post pics.

It truly has been advertised to death around here. I suppose one could do this with an artificial tree too? Ya know, a little birdie told me that traditionally a tree was strung lenghtwise (on it's side) and the tip had to face south encouraging the spring season.

The stump obviously facing north, protected the winds. Go figure! I wonder how that one worked
wacko.gif

Any Canadians out there willing to back me up on this one? Surely, you've heard the idea on the news or had seen it on one of the decorating shows? I don't want Marty to be stale-dated in the decorating idea department!
yes.gif
wub.gif

You really have to see one in order to believe how beautifully the ornaments hang and all the decorations.
yes.gif

Definately need pictures of this. What will you progressive Canadians think of next.
laugh.gif

yonderstarshop_1872_22394152.jpg

Is that what you are talking about??

Here's the link to their website:

http://store.yahoo.com/yonderstarshop/upsidedown.html

Looks crazy to me!

JJay

editted to add more links:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/200...mas-trees_x.htm

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72376.asp

http://interiordec.about.com/od/cmasartifi...idedowntree.htm

Just do a Google Search for Upside Down Christmas Tree and you will find a lot more of them--- some are suspended from the ceiling - some are on stands from the floor -- not to my taste either way -- but each to their own!

JJay

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh GOOD GRIEF!!! I have enough trouble working out which way on to put my knickers in the morning without trying to work out which way up I should be as well!!!!

Can you just imagine staggering in from New Year's Eve and waking up to that?

I am sorry but it's gone too far.

Can't handle this one at all.

I like it because it's different. Need the changes in my life I guess...part of getting old too.

Marty? I'm going to print your responses to this idea and post them on my bulletin board. In a few years, when EVERYBODY is doing it including you
laugh.gif

I'm going to remind you where you told me to put my idea!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hopefully the tree hanging from my ceiling next year won't come crashing down and kill me so that I can remind you.
wacko.gif

P.S. The one in the pic just has lights on it which is nice but not as nice as some of the others I've seen fully loaded!

Well i guess that would have a certain apeal to it if you had a 3yr old nephew running around!!!
wub.gif

But i already have enouph trouble running into the tree when its on the ground, sorry. lol

Leean

That is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time but ya know, I kinda like it.
laugh.gif

Id say give it a try! At the very least it's somthing the kids will remember for ever!

" Hey, remember whem mom hung the tree upside down? Heck ya! Remember all the presents!!!??" hehehe!!!!

How fun and unique!

Leya

We have an artificial tree -- got it several years back because of cats and dogs and drinking the tree water and using the tree as a scratching post etc.. I still have cats that try to CLIMB this one -- and one cat that thrives on stealing the ornaments and stashing them around the house.

The way ours is put together it is not possible to hang it upside down -- all the branches would fall out as well as the trunk come apart.

SOo -- we will stay with tradition -- as I don't see any need to go buy ANOTHER tree to follow fashion..

However-- I am sure many people are enjoying this new approach.

JJ

Saaayyyy!!!! Very interesting! When I started reading the thread I got a good idea of what it looked like altho I've never seen one, but now seeing the pic, it is kinda interesting. I'm not sure I could get used to actually seeing it upside down, but I'm thinking whats say stringing the tree right side up to the ceiling? Not a bad idea either way tho.

barnbum said:
I'm about as fond of that idea, as the boys wearing their pants around their buns!
smileypuke.gif

barnbum

520287[/snapback]

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
My sentiments exactly!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That reminds me.... when we were at Convention last month, a couple of us went over to Burger King for a quck bite to eat. The young lad behind the counter had his pants soooo low, I don't know what was holding them up! His shirt was "tucked in", though. I told him to pull his pants up because he looked disgusting. He did it so quickly that I think it wasn't the first time he'd been told that!
biggrin.gif

One of my feed stores, (Agway) has an upsidedown tree in the store. They leave it up year round. I just thought it was kind of odd and never did ask why they have it there. Maybe I will next time I go.

A local restaurant did this about 15 yrs ago here and frankly people thought they were nuts!

I am with the NO WAY group.

It is unique but looks pretty silly to me!

About as appealing as the one sided ones that people plaster to a wall!
smileypuke.gif

Back