Would like to know..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/1

MiLis Little Deeds X Impressive Lights

She has not been vet confirmed but she has not come back in heat since june/july. The stallion says 'shes bred', thats enough for me. Should have her vet checked in October though and know for sure
default_smile.png

How great to see that so many people have left some (or even all!) of their mares open!! :aktion033:

We have 5 breedable mares, none are bred. Also at our place are 2 mares that belong to a friend, and they are not bred, either.

We have 6 out of 21 confirmed, possibly 3 more are bred. We left a lot of our mares open to be able to breed back to Prince when he comes home.

Stacy

We have 4 (maybe 5) mares bred out of 12 that are of breeding age. Two of the senior mares we wanted to show this year, and with our move, we just decided to take it easy.

Of those that are bred, 2 (maybe 3) are in foal to Red Alert, a National Grand Champion

1 in foal to Geshan, a National Grand Champion

and 1 in foal to Charlie - another Rock E son whose 3 full brothers are all Congress Grand Champions

Out of 3 breeding aged mares, we have 2 bred. Country Star Rosie Flores is bred(and visibly pregnant) to HOF stallion, Bar G's Rock E Fashionable Lady's Esquire. Kimble's Sweet Sue is bred(currently unconfirmed, but hasn't come back in) to our stallion, Happy Hooligan OK.

Heaven's Gate Special Design is planning another year in the show pen and then will be retired to the breeding shed, pending of course a successful show year!

I had thought of purchasing another broodmare but with moving and all of it's unexpected expenses, I think I'll hold on to what I have for now.
default_rolleyes.gif
: Unless of course, an awesome mare comes along at a steal!
default_wink.png
:

I only have one still LOOKING for another. 0/0 I want to get everything trained to halter, and cart first BEFORE I add anymore TRAINEES.

K..keep it coming..updated numbers

Mares number is 341..and bred are 177!! :aktion033: :aktion033:

I don't consider my 2 year old fillies as breeding age.

I have 12 mares age 3 and up that are breedable.

2 of those are confirmed in foal and 1 other is a possibility. The remaining ones were left open.

[SIZE=14pt]4 of 18, only 2 confirmed so far!
default_rolleyes.gif
: [/SIZE]

4/7 That number may change with the next ultrasound round. Possibly 2 more are bred.

0 out of 6 breeding age mares for 2008 even though there is a harnessbred horse in the area i would love to send some mares to.

Like marty I am sure I will feel a bit left out next spring but just what works for me

I am not even sure this makes sense but as the years go on - the nicer my stock is the less I want to risk breeding them which is a bit silly since of course the more I learn the more I want to add better stock to my herd kinda or an ironic catch 22

Last edited:
I currently have 12/9 possibly in foal but not confirmed.

As far as minis, 4 mares, all breedable age, 2 are pregnant.

I have 2 y/o's (pinto pony and Friesian) and a 20ish y/o (paint) who I feel aren't breedable (the first two due to age, the old one due to conformation). Oh and I just bought a 6 y/o but she's for me to show (jumping) so def don't want to breed her
default_smile.png

Jessi

I have (6) breeding age mares (3 years or over) and have bred (6) for 2008. (altho, none are confirmed, but no one has come back into season).

4 are bred to our Jr. Stallion, Apache....and our 2 Frame mares are bred to our 27" B/W Tovero "Destiny".

Back