Would like to know..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 3 breedable

3/3 We hope and want to keep at least one filly next year ( 2008 )

I have 7 breeding age mares. Of those, 5 may be bred for 2008. This is my first year of breeding horses but I have been planning it for years...

Well we have 23 breedable mares I think....All were bred but 6. We also had 2 outside mares so really it's 25 breedable mares I suppose! Both outside mares are confirmed in foal by Little Steppers pregnamare test as well as one of our own but they're the only 3. Will be testing one more this weekend and then the rest will be surprises
default_smile.png

2/30............yes, the 7 stallions are fine.......I'm thinking "sorry, guys!"
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
8 breeding age, 3 in foal. Trying for a 4th with an outside stallion, but so far nothing. Then one purchased mare hasn't arrived yet and she was exposed but no confirmation - we'd actually be tickled if she's open.

So somewhere between 3/8 and 5/8. And only one of those is by Corona :no: :no: :no: We bred him to 3 of our mares and two of then had issues that kept them from getting pregnant this season.

2 breedable non for 08. We had a foal last year and one this year. 1 from each. We are going to do some training this year. then we have the baby to train. So, while thew economy is tight we are not breeding. However, I only have to cut 3 show rabbits to keep 1 mini horse. :bgrin

I have 21 breedable mares.

I bred 14 for 2008, but have no idea how many of those are in foal.

I will find out as they get farther along and will know for sure when I feel movement at around 6 months.

I find that some either do not settle or for one reason or another I do not get 100%. So I expect to get somewhere less than 14.........probably between 7 and 10.

I also bred 2 outside mares and hope they are in foal for their owners. :)

Susan O.

3/3 2 confirmed and the last is showing no signs of being back in so pretty hopeful of it being a 3/3 2008 season.

My first real year of breding is this year and its almost 2 years in the making.

My one mare I purchased in foal - she surprised all delivering a mule baby... I found the mule baby girl a great pet home.

I also had one grade mare 2 yrs ago that I bought with a newborn (week old) baby at her side... that was TOTALLY an independant rescue to get both mom and baby out of a bad/abusive situation - both were worked with, veted, fattened up and found great pet homes.

THIS spring will be babies that are planed for - I am hoping to keep at least one and continue improving...

I am very excited about this spring... I keep asking my girls if its a boy or a girl - what color but they don't answer me... I got to see my mare that's due in late Jan early Feb baby kicking up a storm the other night and got all
default_wub.png
:

Anybody who like to know..accrding to WHO gave info..out of 273 mares 148 are bred for next year..thanks for participating!! :saludando: :saludando:

Only noticed this now, so I will add my numbers.

I currently have 4 breedable mares, and 3 are bred for next year, plus I bred one outside mare and she has been confirmed in foal.

3/4 for me

Have 20 breedable mares, but are only expecting about 10 foals........mostly on purpose.

MA

I have 2 Mini mares and both are bred.. BUT this is my last year of breeding because of past heartbreaks.. Stallion is being gelded this Fall.. I plan on just enjoying what I have in the pasture without breeding.. If I want a new foal, I will buy one..
:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

This way you get for sure what you looking for..color and sex!!
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back