Worming humans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffsmom

Reaction score
I was using the thinkin' side of my brain today....and I had a pretty good question for myself.

How come we worm our: horses, cattle, goats, dogs, cats, llamas...basically any animal that we can get our hands on.....and we don't worm ourselves??????

Or am I just totally out of the loop? Do people worm themselves? If so, how??
wacko.gif

Not too many people in the USA get worms but many have them in the 3rd world Countries.. And I heard a few years ago.. That Ivermectin is so safe they are using that in humans in those Countries. I chew tobacco so I don't have much worries about have worms myself
ohmy.gif
but for years that was one worry about eating not well cooked pork?? And now with so many things to worry about salmonella. and such as that E Coli etc.. People Just Cook things longer and harder to rid the bad things...I guess that is why..??

l heard a program on the radio one morning talking about how people should start taking some kind of stuff l don't remember what it was to rid their bodies of worms and they would feel better and be healthier. The guy some kind of doctor said a lot of people who feel sluggish and bloated usually were found to have an over load of worms. Also saw a newsclip on the things that are living on your pillows when you go to bed at night that fall of you while sleeping. That was scary for me l haven't looked at any pillows the same since.

new_shocked.gif
I'm seriously considering that Ivermectin now. The thought of worms in my belly gives me the willies

PLEASE do NOT take anything without consulting your doctor!! Undercooked Pork is now safe in all "first world" countries, undercooked chicken is not!! BUT it is not normal for humans to have a worm burden and certainly not necessary to do routine worming. The most common worms are the big nasty white things- they do little harm and NO good, as we know from foals. There are a few, very few, type of worm that can move between species, ie form cats and dogs to humans.

I was going to ad, except that shminifancier did it for me, that the ONE, and only plus to being a smoker is that worms are never a consideration. Tobacco is the world's oldest cure for worms. They even used it on livestock in the old days for worming before the easier, less messy, and safer manufactured wormers came to be.

bye-sad.gif
eat.gif
please.gif
pray.gif
giveup.gif
YUCK

I knew I should not have looked at this thread!!

My friend is adopting a child from China.....and this is an issue as these kids frequently have large worm loads.......one natural aid that is readily available this time of year is pumpkin seeds (raw work best) my kids love pumpkin seeds so I figure our family gets a good de-worming every halloween
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The biggest reason stock needs de-worming is because we keep them in less than ideal conditions.....they often are picking worms back up because they are grazing/eating in the same area for extended periods of time and the worms/egg's/etc do not have time to die before they are picked back up. An intesive system of pasture rotation and starting with clean animals can reduce the need to worm to very minimal levels........

I just have some Herbal tabs 2 different ones taken at 2 times a day for that exact thing~!! I have been eating and well I already said I am using tobacco..So I felt is is about time to Cleanse the entire system... Especially after having under gone what I did do through this summer..Both Liver and Kidney failure!! This was because of some very powerful prescription medicines I was on for my severe RA... After spending 4 days in ICU I have a much better out look on life, and am starting to quit using the tobacco, and start treating my body better then I have in the past.. If I had gone 1 to 2 More days with things shut down like that I would not be typing this now....ALL DUE to meds and Nothing else no disease was found~!! Only those strong meds of which I am NOT Taking anymore~!

My parents started a while back doing a spring and fall cleanse. It is to rid your body of every day toxins that it cant get out on its own however if you have worms it will rid you of them as well... Its not specifically for that but it can be and many people do yearly cleanses.

493266[/snapback]

smileypuke.gif
My dog had hookworms last year and I made the mistake of looking "hookworm" up on-line and saw a picture...
smileypuke.gif

Just repulsive...

Liz R.

I very much recomend that everyone worm themselves, especially with the fact that we are around animals everyday!!!

I have cleansed myself twice now and plan on keeping it up.

Keep in mind a good thorough cleansing takes 2 to 3 months.

I have used 2 different things but the most recent worked the best I think.

Here is the link to the cleanse I just finished a while back, very very interesting reading. I did the 3 step Colonix cleanse that this site sells.

Dr. Natura

If any of you want to ask me about my experiences or side effects or anything else just email or PM me.
yes.gif

My vet has a "good old boy" raqce trainer client who cut his hand open with a (dull) hoofknife last year. A few months later he was feeling very sluggish, bloated and tired all of the time. He decided to worm himself and see what happened. I believe she said he passed strongyles AND tapeworms. UGH! He just used horse meds, but I've seriously considered asking my Doc!

There is a multi purpose dewormer. My aunt used it on her reindeer once, but its also for humans. Of coarse she told the family what it was after she got them all to try it.

Alot of humans just bake it right into muffins or something like that.

The thought of seeing the worms come out disgusts me more. Kinda like your kid comeing to you and saying "Look mom, I got a tail!"

Latest posts

Back