Woo Hoo, our first one is a FILLY!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnickers

Reaction score
Introducing Creeksides Black Velvet
default_biggrin.png

Her sire is Kays MLF Alfa High Hopes and her dam is Katelands Storm Dancer

This little gal is so much fun! I just love her
default_wub.png

I was a little surprised to get a solid out of two pintos, but she's a beauty, none the less!!

I had a "first" this year, as the placenta almost immediately followed the foal, so I had to tie off the cord and cut it. Now what would have happened had I not been there? Would the mare chew it as some other species do??

Well....here she is:

zfrontside.JPG

runswithMom.JPG

zfront.JPG

withLady.JPG

Very pretty! Congrats! No, I don't think that the mare would chew the cord. That happened when Lex's first foal, Briar, was born. They were both lying there after she came out and a minute later the placenta just slipped out of her. So I had to cut the cord.

Congrats on your new filly!!

Gorgeous
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I am guessing that the cord would have broken when the little one got up and started moving around. I believe that there is a spot in the cord where it is meant to break (a thin spot)

I am sure the Doc.s on here will advise
default_yes.gif

Congratulations!

I believe you did right in tying and cutting the cord. Its what I do in that situation.

Congrats! I've had that happen before too, and my vet advised me to tie and cut the cord.

Latest posts

Back