WOO HOO!!! Community Show a SUCCESS!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Besides being just down right FUN, the *FIRST EVER* AMHA Community show made a PROFIT! I don't know the final figures, but it might be up around $6-700!! Woo Hoo!

We had exhibitors ranging from first time to seasoned. The show started at 10 and was over by 2 so everyone could get home and do chores.

And everyone is wanting to know when the next one is. LOL Talk about a marketing tool for the miniature horse breed!

Here are a few pictures

It was a beautiful day so many of the exhibitors chose to show out of their traliers. This was truly a 'family affair'.

DSC_0019 web.jpg

DSC_0039 web.jpg

Both the youth and open classes had good entries. An exhibitor can designate if they want their open class points to go to Amateur or Open

DSC_0058 web.jpg

A senior stallion wating for his class. Some horses were clipped and groomed to the teeth and many were in full winter coat.

DSC_0085 web.jpg

DSC_0118 web.jpg

We had first time exhibitors from the youngest to a few gray hairs.

Would you just look at this little face? Her first horse show!

DSC_0104 crop web big web.jpg

DSC_0136 web.jpg

That is sooooo awesome! That lil girl is just too darn adorable and her face speaks volumes for the miniature horse. Great job!

Marsha, the clinic was good. We had quite a turn out...the arena was full for the practice sessions.

Thanks for sharing!! This is such a great idea that I would love to know more. Is there a website where one can find the class list and details? Or could you give a brief recap here? Could you combine this with another breed show (e.g. Pinto)? Or an open "big horse" show to showcase what minis can do? Or can you add other non- rated classes such as 4-H?? I see lots of potential depending on how flexible the shows can be.

Target's Mom, I can't answer most of your questions, but if you would list them out and email them into the Show Department I think they could come up with the answers for you. Because this is a new show program the answers might require some time to run by the Show Committee and some issues discussed....or maybe not.

But this is an AMHA pointed show. I think there are 10 required classes but any other pointed classes may be added as long as the show doesn't run longer than one day.

The special requirements for this show are listed on page 81 of the 2012 rule book.

Because this is a new type of show format I imagine there will be some things to work out as time goes on.

Don't forget, there is also the Youth Performance Show with only 4 required classes (more youth splits can be added if desired). this is on page 81 also.

this was the premium for our Community Show. Maybe it will give you some ideas.

http://www.omhci.org/calendar/2012_FC_Premium.pdf

Thank you! That link answered a lot of my questions. This is MY kind of show - just love the idea. I will also check out the rulebook and contact AMHA if I still have questions.

Mary (aka targetsmom!)

I didn't come because I can't open PDF files and didn't get a flyer until it was too late (Saturday)

Glad it went well! I hope I'm able to see/get info if there's ever another one. Sounded like fun!

It was a really fun show and I hope to see lots more of them not only in Oklahoma but across the country!

Latest posts

Back