Wiz's Gelding Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

Wiz (as in Wizard) is one of the "Kansas Minis" from Mr. Trembly's farm. These pictures are from 12/21/07. The pictures are used with the permission of Dr. Nick Lindsey, DVM.

wizgeld1web.jpg

wizgeld2web.jpg

wizgeld3web.jpg

wizgeld4web.jpg

wizgeld5web.jpg

wizgeld6web.jpg

wizgeld7web.jpg

As you can see, he came through it with very little bleeding. The vet was very pleased with how well Wiz did. He was up and talking to us in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for looking.

ETA: I forgot to say that his "little guys" were NOT visable just by lifting up his tail. The vet had to feel for them, although he said Wiz was NOT a cryptoid, they were just small and were sort of "stacked" one on top of the other. So I guess it's possible that if a vet just casually examined him, he could be confused with a gelding.

Last edited:
Some people take pictures of their family around the holidays. Parmela takes pictures of the family jewels (or lack thereof)..... LOL!!! Actually, good pictures - it's a relatively easy procedure on the horses and they live MUCH happier lives.

Wow, that's hard to look at for the "wince" factor, but so glad he's now on his way to full recovery and no worries about the hormone thing!

It's always amazing to me how quickly they are as if it never happened.

Give Wiz a hug for me!

Liz

Glad Wiz is doing well...

I got my Giddy done on Oct 26th, he did great! He was sweet before but now he is even sweeter!! They said to trot him everyday, not just let him out to graze cause there will be swelling, so i trotted him everyday and he didnt have any swelling and healed up great! I love geldings
default_wub.png

I'm going to be VERY nice to Parmela in 2008. I've seen that no matter how old you are, when you are around her, SHE holds the key to your future. THAT IS MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!

Glad to see he and you are both doing well!

I try..... I am trying to make light of the situation as that looks WAY painful, but yet was very necessary!

i am glad wiz is doing well. Thanks for sharing the photos. Photos always help us learn more about our love pets.

Yep, he sure enough wasn't a gelding before!!! From the standpoint of an occassional observer, that looks like how my vet's done it on my guys, too. I will not be sharing these pictures with Blue
wink.gif

I usually get to hold a leg up when I have a colt gelded. No biggie.

I think it's great you were able to take pictures and post them here.

Adam, you crack me up!
default_risa_suelos.gif

I held my horses leg up while the vet gelded him and when he first mentioned the idea of me being there I thought I would get sick but it's an amazignly interesting procedure

Some people take pictures of their family around the holidays. Parmela takes pictures of the family jewels (or lack thereof)..... LOL!!!
Adam, you crack me up!!!

Here is a link to another thread. It give more detail about Wiz and how he came to live with us.

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=87607

AWW... That is a wonderful story. I wish the BEST for him. I LOVED reading about him.

Thank you so much for sharing his story!

~Sandy

I'm going to be VERY nice to Parmela in 2008. I've seen that no matter how old you are, when you are around her, SHE holds the key to your future. THAT IS MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!
Glad to see he and you are both doing well!
Adam,

You're nuts!
default_new_rofl.gif

Well I've never been present for a gelding and I gotta admit I wouldn't have recognized Wiz from that angle.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_laugh.png
WOW, I always wondered? I figured the berry fairy swooped in and did it. Boo the other little rescue, he to was just gelded this past tuesday. We had thought he was a gelding (could not feel anything they were buried up in him but as he gained weight and started getting studdy well the rest is history. He is back home as I picked him up Thursday and soon will be ready for adoption....WHEEEEE!
default_aktion033.gif

Minie I would love to see a picture of Boo. Strange isn't it that so many of those little fellas has the same "hidden" problem?

Latest posts

Back