A Grand Ol' Man has passed - Godspeed Wiz

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Parmela I am so very sorry to hear about Wiz. Bless your heart for taking him and giving him the best years of his life! ((( BIG HUG ))) He was certainly a very gorgeous boy and he sure looked very happy at your place! God Bless Donna also for doing her best to help.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif

As you know I have two horses from that same farm and have had all the same issues with them. They are both nearly 30 now and still going, but I have been noticing some changes in General lately.

I feel the way you do about the beauty of these horses. I have never been able to teach them much of anything because they are very head strong, scared to this day and just had to fight for everything for so long that their mind is set. They do live quite peacefully here with me and although I have tried to place them into loving homes I am SO very picky about where they would go that I am certain they will never go anywhere. They are very special boys.

What a wonderful story of a great little horse and the many people who loved him. My condolences to you on his loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you gave him a home where he could at last relax and become the horse he was always meant to be. Don't you just love those horses that call to you.

I wish you knew his breeding, he is the exact image of my aged mare, 28 yrs. old, right down to the shape of his star and the eyes. I felt like I was looking at a photo of my mare. She is from the Peaceful Valley herd, Dalton had in the Carolinas.

Again, I sympathize with your loss.

I am so sorry to hear of his passing, but I am so thrilled that at least at some point during his life, he knew a kind and gentle hand, got plenty of food, groomed and loved and taken care of. He didnt have to exit this world thinking that all of life was just horrible.

He looks happy and content and I am glad that Wiz finally had some peace and contentment in his life. He sure doesnt look his age there!

My guess is that at his age, he just died in his sleep perhaps- with his girls and a full belly- happy at last.

I wonder often what ever became of the rest of the horses in Kansas- and how the ones are doing that were adopted. And what that farm is doing now.........?

RIP Wiz!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What a lucky horse - he got to experience what heaven was like before ever getting there. I really feel as though the size heart of a rescued animal is completely reflected in the size heart of the rescuer.

I'm so sorry for your loss... he was clearly a "grand" gentleman.
default_sad.png
My condolences for your loss...

Liz N.

What a sweet tribute. I'm sorry to hear of your loss Parmela, but at least you let him live his last years with the dignity he deserved. Godspeed Wiz.

So sorry for your loss. He looked to be in awesome shape for such a grand ole guy! Just shows how good your care and feeding program is. RIP Wiz.

I'm so very sorry for you loss. That last picture of Wiz is just beautiful, but it also shows a little horse with his heart full of happiness and contentment, and that is all down to the love and care that you gave him.

Donna started his 'new' life and you took over and completed it for him - he was a very lucky boy.
default_yes.gif

Again, my sincere sympathies to all concerned.

((((HUGS))))

So sorry for the loss of Wiz.. He was a "pretty" boy. And I know he enjoyed his last years.

I am so sorry Parmela. He was loved and you proved it to him. Sorry they pain stays, but you did a great thing by him!

You're absolutely right Parmela....Wiz was a beautiful boy. There are no words to express my thanks to you for making his last years the only good ones he probably ever knew. He went from a heck-hole to heaven with a few stops on the way. One being with Sharon White-Lewis who kept him (and 12 others) at her place until I could make arrangements to get him here. Sharons' was the first place he got medical care and good food.

After I realized that the terrible fights between Wiz and one of my geldings were not going to end and I forced myself to accept the fact that I couldn't keep him here I contacted Shannon with CMHR and she said that you were willing to take him. I cried that day because I was so thankful that someone cared enough about an unknown miniature horse (and a very difficult one at that) to give him a home. I was also grateful to you when your life took an unexpected turn and you had to let some of your horses go, but you kept Wiz with you.

There are several people I've been grateful to since the Kansas episode. I think of the horses who were left there and pray that they got better care later on. I think of the people who helped me personally in my attempt to help them and I know, deep in my heart, that the world is a better place because of people like you and Sharon and Shannon.

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for giving Wiz the good life I was unable to provide for him.

I can close my eyes and see him galloping in those green meadows with his beautiful mane flying in the breeze.

Run free beautiful Wiz. You've found your last wonderful home.

Thank you for sharing his story. He really was a pretty boy!

How awesome of you to keep him and take care of him so his last years were content and happy ones. You are a blessing
default_wub.png

Joy

I'm so sorry to hear you lost this beautiful boy. He looks so happy in the last picture especially. I see exactly as you have described a proud and beautiful stallion.

Thank you all very much. Your kind words have made this week a bit easier.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back