Winks Bred Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tremor

Reaction score
I have a couple horses in my herd who have Winks in their pedigree and I have not found a whole bunch of information on them except for the fact that they were owned by a Mr. Winklemann (sp?) who had to sell his herd at auction. He apparently bred them very well (linebreeding) along with sheltands under the same prefix. There 30ish Winks horses in AMHR and AMHA.

Some of the mares sold for big bucks at auction alone and with no foals, and that nobody ever sold their Winks mares.

I am curious to know if anybody has pictures of these mares or offspring and so on.

I have the following in my pedigrees:

Winks Prayer

Winks Constant

Winks Decision

Winks Wendy

Winkelman's held annual sales for decades but the last few years he was no longer breeding ASPC or AMHR registered ponies or horses. Sometimes the Winkelman family's prefix is spelled Winks and sometimes Wink's. His family started breeding ASPC Shetlands in the early 1900's. Bill Winkelman was the breeder of Wink's Showdeo Kid II who is profiled extensively on Grassmere Farm's website at http://grassmere-ky.com/showdeokidpg1.html

I know Winks Prayer well. Former Oklahoma breeders, David and Lynn McBride owned her for many years. She was a prolific producer of many wonderful foals. Her most notable foal was Oak Forest Pizazz, an AMHA multiple National Top 10 and PtHA World Champion, who sired many halter champions and Top 10's.

This is Oak Forest Pizazz, a son of Winks Prayer that Becky mentioned:

4-06pizazz.jpg

This is our son of Oak Forest Pizazz, a gelding named OMP Pizazzs Yessiree Bob, making him a grandson of Winks Prayer. Bob is an AMHA multi-World Top Ten in driving, winner of numerous driving championships and high points at the local and Championship level, and earner of points in many performance events.

7-08YessireeBob1.jpg

I have a mare who's dam was Winks Excellence and her sire is Whiittmaacks Mickey Mouse. My mare is a 2x AMHA World Grand Champion producer. She is now 24 years old. I bought her when she was 18. I have a daughter and a son of hers, as well as a granddaughter and a grand son.

Latest posts

Back