Windy Hill ~Izzie **Colt pics pg 36**

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats!!! He is precious! ....I love his color, I am a sucker for a bay! ( not to mention I just had the same thing)

So glad all went well for you and your Izzie and New foal are great!

Awww congratulations
default_smile.png
he is so cute

Pic overload! Izz still doesnt want me near him, but he was shivering. So I caught her and had the hubby lead her outside while I put two blankets on him really quickly. It is supposed to snow tonight and I dont want him to be cold! I have them locked in the stall and it is bedded really deep. 1st with shavings, then course wheat straw, the some nice soft hay. Gonna post a couple more pics with questions in the next post!

SANY0608.JPG

SANY0628.JPG

SANY0644.JPG

SANY0663.JPG

SANY0664.JPG

SANY0673.JPG

SANY0679.JPG

Ok. His eyes are kind of a blueish gray...think they will turn brown or maybe blue? Also I know that bay foals tend to have lighter brown in their tail...but his looks really white at the top. What do yall think...normal or white??? And the third pic is for Diane. Remember the stripe on Izzie's back hoof???? This is the inside of Izzies bottom lip. The whole inside of her lip is mottled...what do ya make of it? Also I cant tell yet, but his hooves sometimes look like they may be striped!

ETA: I keep forgetting to mention. When I got Ferrari his only real mottling was under his tail. Now his lips and nostrils are mottled. Ferrari also has solid white hooves with no striping and no sclera either!

SANY0642.JPG

SANY0654.JPG

SANY0695.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
YOU KNOW ME! I want close ups of his eyes, his lips, under his tail....well you know what I'M looking for!!!
lol...we posted at the same time! I cant get any good close ups. Izz freaks. I had her on the lead waiting for my hubby. She was finally relaxing and I knelt down and was taking some pics of him...she decided that I was too close and tried to bite my face off! SO GLAD that I had a lead on her!

He is just gorgeous! Love that photo of him stretching, so so cute. Hopefully Izz will relax soon coz you're probably dying to cuddle him.

Awww he is so cute
default_wub.png

Not good Izzie tried to chomp you!
default_nono.gif
Bad Izzie! Jess only wants to love and care for him too.

Thanks everyone...he is a little sweetie! He has become a naughty little boy overnight! Running and kicking his heels up and tormenting his poor mom. They are still stuck in the stall...it is cold and rain/snowing here. I keep putting blankets on him and he keeps finding ways to get them off (wich is a pain considering that Izz still wont let me near him so it takes two people to blanket him.) I think I am going to TSC this afternoon and getting a heat lamp....i will make sure that it is secure, but he keeps shivering.

I think that his eyes look more blue today especially the right eye! How cute would that be??? A bay with blue eyes and maybe a mixed tail? He also has a very nice dorsal stripe!

SANY0701.JPG

SANY0703.JPG

SANY0704.JPG

Oh isnt he just too cute, i hope his tail stays like that
default_smile.png

I thought i would try to help with the blue eye question
default_smile.png
i thought id share some pictures of my one and only blue eye experience lol

So my foal Koora has one blue eye and one brown eye.

Here is the blue eye on the day she was born (it was a really light almost whiteish blue)

IMG_2371 - Copy (2).JPG

And then heres the picture of her now brown eye on the day she was born. It was more of bluish grey colour. It went brown within about a week and a bit (i think)

IMG_2362 - Copy.JPG

I hope this helps
default_smile.png

(sorry i didnt realise the pictures would come out so big, i tried to shrink them)

Oh isnt he just too cute, i hope his tail stays like that
default_smile.png

I thought i would try to help with the blue eye question
default_smile.png
i thought id share some pictures of my one and only blue eye experience lol

So my foal Koora has one blue eye and one brown eye.

Here is the blue eye on the day she was born (it was a really light almost whiteish blue)

View attachment 14368

And then heres the picture of her now brown eye on the day she was born. It was more of bluish grey colour. It went brown within about a week and a bit (i think)

View attachment 14366

I hope this helps
default_smile.png

(sorry i didnt realise the pictures would come out so big, i tried to shrink them)
Thanks! That helped alot....looks like brown eyes probably. Blue eyes would have been super cute tho!

We are having so much fun with this little guy! We have decided that his barn name will be Rocket.

1.JPG

SANY0787.JPG

SANY0794.JPG

SANY0804.JPG

SANY0806.JPG

Ahhh! He is so cute!! Love his little bitty nose and legs that go on forever!

Tink has one eye that has very light blue in it and the other is a very dark blue. They have been the same since she was born. I thought the dark blue one would turn brown but it never did.

I may be asking too much
default_hypocrite.gif
but can we see a video of him?
default_wub.png
I'd love to see a short clip of him in action
default_laugh.png

Thanks Megan! Maybe his will stay blue...I guess time will tell!

I will get some video of him today. It has rained and/or snowed everyday since he was born (was raining when he was born). Today is the first time he has got to go out and play! Poor Izz...he was driving her batty in the stall!

Latest posts

Back