Willow has been unwrapped!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be thrilled!!!! She is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Now tell me something please! I am a dog groomer and I own my own business. But I've NEVER body clipped a horse! I have my first mini and I can't wait to get rid of that coat. However we are burried in snow here.
default_sad.png
Your clip job looks perfect! I see many that aren't. Can you tell me what your secret is and what kind of clippers you use? Thank you kindly!!!!

Congrats on that beauty of yours!!!!!!

You are a clipmeister!
default_yes.gif

And it doesn't hurt that you have a beautiful subject to work with!
default_wub.png

You did an awesome job clipping her! She looks great and so shiny.
default_wub.png
The halter fits her very well at the moment too.

Confession time! I can't take the credit for Willow's haircut...sorry if I misled everyone. :DOH!

The breeders that we bought Bailey and Willow from clipped her out for me at their farm. I will let them know what a great job you guys think they did.

I am embarrassed to say that I did attempt to 'thin out' Willows coat and made a mess of it, that's why she has now been clipped out completely. i just wanted her to feel a little cooler and I made her look like a freak!
default_wacko.png
I only had human hair clippers which are NOT cut out for the job.

See, look for yourself.

Picture049.jpg

I warned you, it's not pretty!

Anyway, as you know, she looks super special now.

Those pretty lavender flowers that she is next too are the real thing too! It's not a fake background.

I think Willow has forgiven me now.
default_rolleyes.gif

This may make you feel better -- this is the first time I tried to clip a horse. Looking at the picture after all this time, it makes him look tremendously better than he really did. It was almost like he was wearing a checkered sweater with all the clip marks this way and that way (I didn't know how to clip). This is my first home made baby, Skipper, sporting a sock in his tail and a very bad haircut from his 2-legged mom. Clipping's not hard, but it just takes practice.

Skipper%20--%20First%20Clip%20--%20March%2024,%202004%20--%2019.jpg

Oh thats fine Maplegum! Being a groomer I also get some dogs in that people try to groom themselves! It does take lots of practice and a good mentor! Not to mention the right equipment! Heck, I could make my mini look like a poodle! I could make the beautiful pooffs on the ankles and all! How about a cute french mustache?? LOL! Anyway, you have a beautiful girl!!!!

Now, can you find out what kind of clippers they used? Pretty please??

Thanks!!!

Oh thats fine Maplegum! Being a groomer I also get some dogs in that people try to groom themselves! It does take lots of practice and a good mentor! Not to mention the right equipment! Heck, I could make my mini look like a poodle! I could make the beautiful pooffs on the ankles and all! How about a cute french mustache?? LOL! Anyway, you have a beautiful girl!!!!

Now, can you find out what kind of clippers they used? Pretty please??

Thanks!!!

Hahaha, that would be kind of funny actually! Give it a go...but you would have to post photos of course!

Now, I believe the clippers were Double K's?? Does that sound right?

Jill, your first clip job was not as bad as mine, but still pretty funny!
default_wacko.png
Poor horses, what do they think us!? Gotta love those fluffy legs too Jill..
default_wink.png

Wow what brand clippers do you use? and what number blade? She's awesome! Maxine

Last edited by a moderator:
Not fair, not fair, not fair. My fillies look like something a very large cat coughed up right now and yours looks svelt and shiny. Oh well clipping weather is only four months away.
default_wacko.png

Clipping can be very addictive once you get a few under your belt so don't worry about one bad job, hair is great...it grows back.

I cannot stop laughing at confession time! All that praise and then u post that........believe me, I am not laughing at you but with you
default_wink.png
I can't wait to start clipping, I am going to warm up on the weanlings b4 I do the filly I am thinking about showing. Practice makes perfect, but I think it would be fair to yourself to get some different clippers.

BEAUTIFUL FILLY!

default_aktion033.gif
Leonie, Willow looks awesome and so sophisticated
default_biggrin.png
You should be showing this girl. I envy you the warm weather, we had snow again today, it's going to be about 4 months or so before I can even think about clipping my guys.

Yvonne

Latest posts

Back