Who makes the BEST vacuum cleaner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSRminis

Reaction score
So we are family with three girls all with long hair, plus long haired shedding dogs. I am sick of buying vacuums that dont work, and/or having to replace them every other year. I want one that really WORKS!!!!

Anyone out there LOVE theirs???

I have a filter Queen. It is the best vacum I have ever owned! You can feel the quality when you use it. They are very expensive, but worth it. It is a cannister vac and has the power head attachment. I find that to be best for all around cleaning. You do need to get the hair out of the rollers often though. That is true with any vacum. You can cut it out. I have gotten rid of all carpeting except for the bedrooms because that is really the only way to keep your floor truely clean. I used to have a Rainbow and liked it well. I had it for about 20 years. It is a real pain to have to put water in it and empty it each time, so it seemed harder to just bring it out for small quick jobs.

Dyson - the pet model one.

Love it.
default_wub.png

We have dogs, cats & we track in shavings from Saber and it gets it all up and brings the carpet back to life too.

No bags to worry about either.

OH!! I have been wondering about the Dyson..there is a pet model?? Does it have a name or model number??

I have a Dyson DC17 and LOOOOOVVVE it!!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I put off buying it and bought two cheaper ones first. If I had just put out the money and bought this one first, it would have been all that I needed.

I have a Dyson DC17 too. I was AMAZED at how much stuff it picked up , that our Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum with Variable Power left in the rug.....NoT to mention, the progressive went through 2 beater bars in 2 years. They are $75 a piece to replace. I was NOT going to put another $75 in that one so I bought the Dyson DC17 pet and LOVE it.

I am a Rainbow Fan here..anyone else love theirs???

We have a Filter Queen and a Dyson Animal. I like the Dyson, we have had if for nearly 2yrs. It is showing some wear though. I love love love my Filter Queen. I cringe at what it cost, but it is as good as the day we bought it. My sister cleans for a living (using the home owners vacs) and when she uses my Filter Queen she loves the difference.

If I needed another vac I would buy a Dyson again over other store bought brands. But if I had extra cash that I ddint care about I would buy the Filter Queen. We bought it when we had no kids and different priorities.

Emma

I just brought a Bissell Pet Vac and love it. We have had a Dyson, AEG and I also brought a hoover bagless. The Dyson is great and has lasted a long time. The AEG is useless, the hoover seems okay for a quick whip round. But for a real good clean and a shampoo Bissell hands down.

I have 4 dogs and 2 cats and absolutely love my Dyson Animal. Sometimes the brushes get all wrapped in hair so I just use a seam ripper and then the vacuum runs like new. I couldn't live without it.

another vote for the dyson animal model. i will NEVER be without one! if my present one bites the dust, i'll eat beans for a year if i have to just to get another one!!

Kirby...expensive, but every year for $25 you can have it cleaned/rebuilt...it will last for years. We love ours.

DYSON! And if it does start losing any suction you can take the entire middle section apart and wash it which I do about every 3 or 4 months. That way it's ready to suck the carpet right off your floor.
2.gif
My house is mostly tile and nothing has ever done a better job at picking up the sand and hair..............and I am such a clean freak that I love see what's in the thing you empty.

Every day I say to myself......I can't believe all this came from today!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been happy with our Dyson for almost 4 years now........ I'd recommend buying an extra filter or two. We vacuum the house once week, pull the filter out and rinse it thoroughly. And we always have a dry one ready to pop back in.

Latest posts

Back