Who Made All Star

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaVern

Reaction score
I am so envious of owners that show their own horses. I would love to see your All Star Winners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, Me
default_saludando.gif

I wasn't expecting anything, but wanted to see who all got what and sure enough my horse got one.

Top Ten Amateur Halter Obstacle, Under

JMS Redskin Warrior

red_and_jamie3-266x235.jpg

He also got his HOF in Obstacle in 2008 also. Trained, owned, and shown by me in halter obstacle. First one I trained myself too. Couldn't be happier that I did it all myself.

I just got this horse last Feb. He was a crazy man for sure!
default_wacko.png
But I trained him myself and went to our first show in May. Our show season went from May-Aug. We acheived 3 supreme championships (2 AMHA, 1 AMHR) and several wins in jumping (and this horse had never jumped before in his life, well besides the mini horse fence when I went to pick him up). So I am super proud of him!!! But here are our All Star Placings for Summer's Chasin Rainbows:

9th-A Model Gelding

7th-A Amatuer Jumping

10th-A Amatuer Hunter

chase016.jpg

Gee, hate to repeat myself
default_risa8.gif
our stallion Royal Oaks Simply Awesome got #2 for Western Country Pleasure Driving -under

Our filly placed #10 in Youth Halter Obstacle and Open Hunter; #6 in Open Halter Obstacle; and [SIZE=10pt]#1[/SIZE] in Golden Age Jumper (I managed NOT to fall down this year).

My stallion was trained to drive by a trainer but I am the only one that shows him and we do not have a trainer go with us. I will take any and all advice given however and we did get some advice while at Nationals.

My filly was trained and shown by me and a couple of youth (that don't belong to me LOL) and by my daughter. We are very proud of this little girl and hope to see her do more and maybe better next year.

pictures are on our website

Oh, I love those little ears. Congrats. I would think that it would give you so much pride. It is not easy. I have tried. And bombed.

I just checked and proud of my crew
default_wub.png
we didn't travel all that much this past summer, with a full time job, mares foaling and a full string of horse to keep fit...

And I'm a slacker and don't have my National pictures back yet
default_rolleyes.gif
But they should be arriving in the mail at any day......so for now all I have are not very good just casual shots....

My favorite guy -

Erica's Total KnockOut

tkonationals4.jpg

tkoleeana.jpg

Champion(1) ammy Stallion Under

3rd in Yearling Stallion Under

6th in Owned/Bred by Under

Erica's Tanquery of WF

tanker.jpg

Res. Champion (2) Yearling Gelding Under

Res. Champion (2) Ammy Gelding under

Erica's Big City Gambling Man HOF

nationals_0009.jpg

Champion (1) Two year old Gelding Over

3rd Ammy Geldings Over

10th Owned/Bred by Over

Erica's Dream Along With Me

dream-3.jpg

3rd Yearling Mares Under

Erica's Taking on Heirs

handsome3.jpg

4th Ammy Stallions over

4th Owned and bred by Over

Wall Street Rock E LizzE

Lizzetrot9-15.jpg

4th Aged Mare over

Erica's Big City Prankster Bucks HOF

prankster-1.jpg

8th Two year old Stallions

Erica's Cloverbud HOF

nationals_0004.jpg

8th Aged Mares 32-34

Cross Country Something To Talk About

talker2.jpg

8th Yearling mare over

Wall Street Rock E Rock On

rockon4.jpg

3rd ammy Classic Stallion

10th Classic Sr. Stallion

We didn't travel outside of area and also did not attend Nationals so I was super excited to see we made four National Top Ten All Stars!!

First up is our own home bred stallion. Pleasant Views Simple Irresiatable. 5th in Multi Color Stallion/Geldings under.

Featherarmada5.jpg

feather3.jpg

Next Is our fantastic Youth horse: Haligonians Target Elated.She received 7th in youth jumping under and 3rd in Showmanship youth under 11-13 with my daughter Brettina. She also placed 10th in adult versatility under with my daughter Jessica.

tinaandelated.jpg

elaltedjump.jpg

Our horses are all trained and shown by us, it sure is rewarding..Joyce

Yeah! We did!
default_thumbup.gif
Our yearling stallion, Erica's Big City's Bailey's On Ice

9th in the Amateur Halter Stallion Over

bailey08a.jpg

Curry's Estrellita took

4th in Yearling Halter Mare Over 32-36

3rd in Amateur Halter Mare Over

7th in Multi Color Mare Over

estralita4.jpg

Congratulations to everyone on their All Star's!

Our 2YO got 6th in Solid color over stallions, no trainer!

Congrats Joyce! You guys did awesome!!!

Congratulations to everybody who got an ** All Star **

Although on the ASPC (pony) side, I had 4 ponies make the all star lists in Classic, Modern Pleasure and ASPR. All trained and shown by myself.

I am very proud of the kids for 2008!

I will say I did have some experts from the forum help with tailing and one class I had two ponies to show, so had catch handlers.

I would like to recognize:

Carin Ponder - catch handled and tailed for me this year! And her great advice helped me with the little things.

Triangle Acres Standing Ovation - catch handled

Ruffle My Feathers EGF - tailed Modern Pleasure Mare 2 44.5" & Under to a Congress win!

Corey Hatfield - trailed for me at two shows this past summer - Thanks Corey!

I Like To Move It Move It TAP - tailed Modern Pleasure Stallion 43" & Under

Renee Bush - held ponies during quick changes at shows this summer - Thanks Renee & Tim too!

Thanks for holding TULIP - Tulip went on to win ASPR Congress Mare 2 & Under!

Renee and Tim also helped at Des Moines with holding ponies so I could finish their looks off. Tim Thanks so much!

Susan Burgess - held ponies during quick changes at shows this summer - Thanks Susan!

Susan held ponies on Mare day at Congress and helped at Des Moines. Modern, Modern Pleasure and ASPR mares showed one right after another.

Without these folks, I would not have had the success I did, even though it was just tailing or catch handling, it made a difference!

Oh, Man, this is fun. This darn dial up is so slow. I am going to be here all day. I love these kind of pictures. Erica you are something,(and your horses too).

I did!!!
default_laugh.png
I showed two horses this year... my gelding,

Stone Maples Mackenzies Joy-HOF-Halter, Country Pleasure Driving, Pleasure Driving

National All-Star

Open Pleasure Driving 34" & under-3rd

Ammy Pleasure Driving 34"&under-1st

Canadian All-Star

Open Pleasure Driving 34" & under-1st

Ammy Pleasure Driving 34" & under-1st

backdropprint.jpg

and a little mare that belongs to my folks,

Hale Farms Tough N Tropical Kahlua

National All-Star

Model Mare 2 yr. & older-under-3rd

Aged Mare 30"-32"-3rd

Ammy Mare, under-6th

Canadian All-Star

Model Mare 2 yr. & older-under-1st

Aged Mare 30"-32"-1st

Ammy Mare-1st

noodle.jpg

We did it without a trainer, Scott showed our three of our horses, 2 are miniatures and the other is our Classic Gelding !

We show and work all our own horses and it makes things alot better for us doing so.

Congrats to all the 2008 All Star's
default_smile.png

Buckeye WCF Classical Story

Reserve Champion - Classic 2 Year Old Gelding

Top Ten (8th) in Model Classic Gelding

Coventry Lane's Hollywood Diva

Reserve Champion - Owned, Shown and Bred By Exhibitor

Reserve Champion - Multi-Colored Mare Under 34"

Encore Chaps

Top Ten (5th) Park Harness Under 34"

We made all stars!! No trainer here. Just Kyle and I
default_smile.png

Baxters Silver Sensation Solid Mare Over Shown by Kyle. (our home bred girl) I so wish Kyle could have shown her at Nationals as they were in the top 2 in youth halter but just couldnt take him out of school for Nationals

baxterssilversensation-292x370.jpg

Oops I took Jet out as he did go with Carin to Congress as we could not attend but was shown all year by Kyle and myself

ME! :D Ally and I got 8th in Amateur Halter Obstacle, Over and 9th in Amateur Versatility, Over. I am so proud of both of us! Ally had her HOF in halter when I bought her, she was pregnant at the time and I intended to use her as a broodmare. Things didn't quite go as planned, so I ended up training her as a performance horse myself, from driving to jumping to obstacle. She is the first horse I really drove, with the exception of one little whiz around with a World Grand SP horse that got me totally HOOKED on driving! And I did it all myself...so yes it can be done for sure! I do all my training these days, all my own conditioning, show prep, grooming, everything. I like it best that way. I do take lessons when I can from Patty Cloke, she has been a great coach for me.

Here is the beautiful Miss Ally, KLS High Altitude HOF

halterobstacle.jpg

My Shetland stallion Pans Cody Earl Grey and I made #1 Ladies and #4 amateur country pleasure driving all on our own, conditioned and shown by me. Hope to show him a lot more this year but we had nothing in the way of shetland shows in Fl for 08. I hear there will be several shows with shetland classes here in Fl in 09.

And I only showed him in 2 shows in all of 08 and at Nationals but my appy driving gelding Moss Grove Rio Rhondo did manage a Nat. Res. Champion, 2 -- third places and an 8th all in western country pleasure at Nationals. He was conditioned and shown by me.

My boys made me so proud!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

However my halter junior stallion Banker was shown by handlers at halter. With my very bad back if i got down low enough to hand set his feet i would not get back up, lol.

We had two in the Top Ten National ALL Stars -- we have shown our own since we first started to show-- now John trains for for others but we have never hired a trainer

Filly-- Filipowicz Thats' High Society -- 5th in weanling mares over 30-32"

Stallion - Filipowicz Grand Finale -- 8th in Gentleman's Country Pleasure Driving

Hey Pam-- how do you know where yours placed in Canadian All Stars since they are Not posted yet??

I can hardly wait for them to get posted.

LSPC308011.jpg

Elm Creek's Texas Tornado

National All Star Champion Over Youth Halter Obstacle

Reserve Champion Over Youth Versatility

Top Ten Over:

Western Country Pleasure Driving

Amateur Halter Obstacle

Youth Hunter

Costume

Nationals.jpg

Oak Bay Cinco de Mayo

Top Ten Under:

Youth Jumper

Amateur Jumper

Golden Age Jumper

Youth Halter Obstacle

DSC_1166.jpg

Lil Hills Kings Billy Ray

Top Ten Under:

Western Country Pleasure Driving Under

Amateur Versatility

Professional trainer? No. Friends with benefits? Yes.

OH, and I mean a friend who will help you show, and teach you the ropes.... geesh, get your minds out of the gutter!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Cascade Farms TC Diana

6th in AMHR Broodmare (Wet), Over 34" - 38"

DianaCP01716.jpg

Greenridge IMA Link Too Buckeroo

8th in AMHR Western Country Pleasure Driving, Over 34" - 38"

link_0181sm.jpg

Link now belongs to someone else who will continue showing him in driving.

Thanks to Jen and Hillary for everything!

Latest posts

Back