Who here like to sing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feather1414

Reaction score
Well, a little backround on my singing...

I havebeen singing all my life, and I made it into my schools show choir for this year, The Bridge Between. I was so excited! I worked for 3 years to get into that group. 2 years ago, they went to the Disney Music Days and took FIRST out of over 300 schools, and they had to audition to go in the first place!

Anyways, this morning I had All State choir audition for the state of colorado. I think I did pretty well. My solo was AWESOME, I think anyways, but I think I bombed the sight reading pretty badly. Hehe, got the traids, but missed the melodic scale! Oh well, I will let you guys know if I got in or not.

Anyways, who here likes singing? It can be in a choir, or in the car or anything. Also who likes the song Defying Gravity from the play Wicked? Its one of my favorites! If you haven't heard it, I suggest you try your best to find a link for it on the internet, or go and buy the cd!

Good for you.

My hubbys family are good singers. I like to sing but am usually asked to go in the closet and shut the door
biggrin.gif

I like to sing in the shower!! Am I any good at it? NO....you would never want to hear me sing- unless of course you are tearing down your house because the windows are guarenteed to break!
laugh.gif
. I wish I had a nice voice-but we cant have everything
rolleyes.gif

-Kris

been doing solos since i was 7 , im a the highest soprano in my distrect...not bragging tho.
biggrin.gif
neither of my arents can carry a tune in a bucket im the only singer really i love to sing and i make up my own songs.. heres one i just write lyrics
biggrin.gif
:

ill put it on later cant find it

I'm afraid that if I started singing in public that everyone would take off running!

Shannon

I love to sing!! I song all the time. Can't get enough of it. my family sys I am good but I am not too sure about that, they have to be kind of biased don't ya think? LOL

but, I am supposed to audition for a musical here in a few weeks so I guess I will knwo for sure then huh? I was in choir all through school too. loved it!

It is great that you got into the choir and sounds like you are doing great.

My wife and I both sing, in fact both taught singing and public school music for a few years. We both have masters in vocal performance and sang professionally for about ten years.

We are actually performing in a musical review at our church today. One of the numbers we are doing in a show called Route 66 is Happy Trails, Roy Rogers and Dale Evans' theme song. We are taking one of our palomino minis on stage as Trigger! Our first performance was yesterday and will do two more today. If I can get a picture, will post it.

I LOVE to sing, however if I do it in the shower the water turns to mud and if I am driving ( this doesnt happen all that much anymore, guess Tug is used to me ) my truck will buck the snot outa me
biggrin.gif

Used to sing in Choir, was forced to , to get me over a painfully shy period. Yeah, like that helped. First 'performance' and I froze completely embarrasing myself. Oh well LOL
rolleyes.gif

I LOVE to sing, however if I do it in the shower the water turns to mud and if I am driving ( this doesnt happen all that much anymore, guess Tug is used to me ) my truck will buck the snot outa me
biggrin.gif

Used to sing in Choir, was forced to , to get me over a painfully shy period. Yeah, like that helped. First 'performance' and I froze completely embarrasing myself. Oh well LOL
rolleyes.gif

Yep love to but cant.

I had a teacher in HS that could sing beautifully. At the holidays we always made her sing for us.

If somebody at work is annoying me or ticking me off I will sing just for pay backs.

I can sing if no one is around
rolleyes.gif
. Hubby has a wonderful voice. He sang in a gospel quartet when he was in high school. Don't go to church anymore (lots of reasons) but he is the singer in his own band now. They do mostly 70-80's rock but have now composed 3 original songs. He loves to sing and is very good but says he won't sing without his band.
wacko.gif

I LOVE TO SING!!! i accualy got chosin to be in the core(choir) at my church and only i gess i sood say rele good singers get to be on stage with the band and sing and im one of them!!!

I come from a very musical family
biggrin.gif
lets see my grandfather sang opera, my grandmother would sing and she played violin, my mother sang when young, my uncle sings and plays guitar myself I sang in school and played clarinet, my sisters all sang and 2 played clarinet 1 played flute, my cousin on dads side is in an all mens welsh choir and has travelled all over the world performing........my oldest son can sing (he doesn't think so) and played flute for a bit then switched to bass guitar....my sister married a guitar player/singer......my uncle on dad's side used to run goldcreek...it was an amphitheater back in the 60'-70's I grew up meeting bands........yep we sing in the car we sing in the shower we may not be any good anymore but too bad
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I am a singer too. I didn't have any kind of training until I got to college then I decided to take some lessons. I didn't know the potential of my voice. I am a strong soprano and can hit those really high notes. I did sing in the Choral for 3 semesters, which was a blast. My voice is out of shape now because I never do any real practice for it (kind of like my violin playing).

yes.gif
Yep. Enjoy it. Used to be in a church choir.....was involved with the Civic Theatre in Portland, OR. and later married a language arts/drama teacher who forced me to participate in his musical performances.....I STILL get stage fright!
rolleyes.gif

MA

Latest posts

Back