Who hates winter?!?!?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IloveMiniatureshorses

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anybody here hate winter? If you do, put ths sign down:
default_gaah.gif

I hate winter, and I don't even own horses! Geese, what am I saying? LOL!

Alyssa

default_gaah.gif
Sign me up on that list! I'm already looking forward to spring and clipping the girls! Although they look very cute and huggable, I don't really care for the winter woolies!

What I miss about summer is being able to fall out of bed, drag my lumpy butt to the barn wearning my torn up nightgown, bed hair, and crocks to feed.

This business of having to dress in layers takes way too much time. This morning in order to feed, I had to get up, put on socks, sweat pants, shirt, sweat shirt, OJ knit cap, jacket, gloves, and boots. I was flipping cold.

BAH!

default_gaah.gif

I'll jump on this band wagon real quick

default_no.gif
don't like heat or cold

room temp is real nice but

it doesn't happen often enough outside

where I always am

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Wisconsin and I don't hate winter but want to ad my 2 cents on this thread anyway. I think winter is such a cozy time to just snuggle in, when my kids were young teens, it just seems like everyone was home more and we could play more board games, winters always brought the family closer together. Now they're gone from home but I like it, to sit in here and watch the storms is kinda neat, this yr I'm laid off so I don't have to worry about coming up this bluff road at 12 at night, other yrs it scared me pretty bad. This yr, for the first time we don't have to drag the water hoses out, all the animals have heated fountains. I know that the thing that makes feeding not so bad is to be set up for it, have the grain and hay all easy to access. (My carhart coat and boots sit waiting for me.) Have heated buckets so you don't have to break ice. Winter kills the giant bugs too, northern states don't have bugs as big as birds. Winter makes you appreciate the beautiful green of the summer, I like all the seasons, spring is so fresh, summer beautiful, autumn is the best time of the yr and then comes the long, long winter. Gets to long, that's for sure but still able to deal with it. We set up puzzles too, have time during the winter. Nate doesn't work like a dog, gets a little break, yup, I do like winter too. Just try to think of the good things about it.

I HATE WINTER!!! SNOW< ICE<FREEZING COLD WIND [SIZE=36pt]EVERYTHING[/SIZE]ABOUT IT S**KS -IN MY OPINION
default_gaah.gif
:gaah
default_gaah.gif
default_thumbdown.gif
:ThumbDown :arg! :arg! :arg!

default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif

I hate winter. I am already tired of the wet and mud and winter hasn't even really started good yet.

I'm not a big winter fan either. The only thing I hate worse than winter is MUD season (the times of year between dry/warm weather and freezing/snow).

For those that got snow the past couple days....sorry
default_blush.png
it was my fault! I've been praying for snow all week because I'm sick of the torential downpours & MUD!!!!!
default_whistling.gif

Just think, only about 5 more months!!!
default_new_rofl.gif

~kathryn

I dont really mind winter at all, my only complaint is that i cannot just slip on some flip flops and head to the barn, i love that about summer, can just wear shorts, tshirt and slip on some flip flops and off to the barn i go. Winter is so different..big bulky carrhart jacket...gloves...boots...socks...ick.

I dont mind the could outside, does not bother me at all, the pretty snow and horses in the morning make up for it...

Oooohhh I love winter! It's much better than summer! However, you do have to consider that I live in southern California... so our winters rarely get below the 50s (which is FREEZING to me) and we only occasionally get heavy rainstorms. We have rain so infrequently that I just LOVE it (although no one can drive in the rain here, so when drops begin to fall the accidents start to happen...)

default_smile.png

Andrea

default_gaah.gif
I am ready for spring already and Winter hasn't hardly started. Had to bring in all my liquid stuff, drain the hose, plug in the bucket etc etc. I didn't do before today, must have been in winter denial. What I mostly don't like becides the obvious cold is the SHORT DAYS and cleaning stables wearing a head lamp at night and all that fun after dark activities.

Fun thread... I finally figured out how to put the GAAH guy in, low tech newbie here. Enjoy.

default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif

I'm with the majority, pretty much dislike winter all together.

Cant find the gah guy but I want to join this bandwagon I really dont hate winter in terms of snow but I dont have heated water or buckets so have to take it from the house. Frozen stalls dont thrill me either. I would be happy to only need the clothing many of you have mentioned. Get out the chizzle and my breaker bar. Chores take me almost twice as long. I will say we have been very lucky this year so far.

default_gaah.gif
:Cold-Scared I'm in northern Wisconsin, and we are just starting to see snow and cold. I am already sick of it and it hasnt even started. Winter use to be my favorite time of the year, hitching up the percherons and going for a long sleigh ride, now all I think is..its too cold. The only thing I like about winter is sitting in front of the fireplace with a good book and a good snowstorm going on outside. That is always so pretty. My horses cant wait to get out in the morning and play in the cold and snow, they love it. I just look at them and think my minis look like hairy little mammoths. I HATE feeding in winter. NOPE~~ dont like winter anymore, other then it is a beautiful time of the year, and I wouldnt want to live where they dont have snow but about 1foot would be more then enough, and only for a short time and then back to fall weather...now that would be ideal, fall temps with snow. Guess I dont want much hey?

:DOH!

I dislike winter for all the things already mentioned!!!!!! I REALLY dislike the cold and I always am cold.....just life and my own thermostat.....I do the heat much better.

Yes, it's nice to do "family things" in the snow storms -- NOW, can that be arranged to be only ONE weekend a season ???
default_rolleyes.gif
Can you tell I do not like winter, cold and snow?? I can do fantastic family BBQs in the summer, lots more fun.

The "good" thing for this winter -- well, so far it's good
default_laugh.png
I'm not working.....home and "retired" for now. Unemployment and social security is working very, very nicely
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
I've been able to get "stuff" done (in VA we aren't in to the bad times yet -- and even our bad times are very mild compared to soooo many of you) and having fun riding on the new tractor, mending fences, etc.

Life is good
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
THANKS MARNIE your comments do help a little but over all.

[SIZE=36pt]I HATE WINTER![/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back