Which Registry are you primarily active in?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Registry are you primarily active in?

• AMHR/ASPC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMHA

• AMHR and AMHA Equally

• Total voters

ckmini

Reaction score
Just curious because I have been thinking of harshipping my AMHR mare (in avatar) into AMHA, however I don't have $600 just lying around.....

I don't show AMHA, I'm not even a member to be honest. So I'm wondering if it is really worth the big bucks?

I voted ASPC/AMHR and wouldn't waste the money hardshipping AMHA...
default_laugh.png

I voted AMHR / ASPC, I basically only show AMHR / ASPC but may go to one AMHA show this year. We'll see.

I think I have 5 shetland / minis now
default_wacko.png
, one AMHR only mare and the rest are AMHA / AMHR. I'm basically an AMHA member because of breeding/paperwork.

I have also been thinking of hardshipping the AMHR mare into AMHA....I don't know if I will or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
We show mostly AMHA through the NWMHC. I have hardshiped one horse to AMHR. We have several horses that are AMHA / AMHR reg. We are hoping to do a couple of R shows this year. We at some point are hoping to have the whole heard double reg.

Most of my herd are double registered, but there aren't any AMHA shows anywhere close to us, or I'd show that also.

Up until about 4 or 5 yrs. ago, only a handful of our herd was AMHR registered(All registered with AMHA though), but now, all of our horses are double registered. Primarily, we focus on the AMHA, but have had a lot of fun showing in the AMHR. Both registries have their positives and negatives, and not everyone is going to be happy with how things are done. We have shown at both the AMHA Worlds and the AMHR Nationals and enjoy them both. Each registry has their own way of doing things, so the AMHA and AMHR shows provide VERY different environments to show in.

I show only AMHA.

I have to travel for the shows, but I really enjoy AMHA, especially the World show. The people are really nice and it is like old home week at the World. I have met some really nice people there.

I used to show AMHR too, but decided it was too much to do both. All of my horses are double registered though.

My registry of choice, if I HAD to choose one, would be AMHA.

My horses that I've sold or had inquiries about tend to have a higher value as AMHA registered horses. It used to be true that there were fewer shows here in the NW that were through AMHR, but that is less and less true, and now there about equal amounts A and R.

An AMHR only horse, though, is worth about half what an AMHA only horse is, all other things equal. That is merely my perception of the market in this region.

Liz

AMHR
default_yes.gif

AMHA doesnt even have shows in Ontario.. So I dont hardship my guys into it

AMHR / ASPC

Really i do very little with AMHA, i had one AMHA only mare who sold and i have on amha/amhr stallion that has amha papers on the side. So right no only one amha reg. horse but he is luckly also amhr.

My vote was AMHR (I have nothing ASPC) as the registry I'm most active in. We have only one show close that is AMHA BUT I have hardshipped in three mares and would do it again in a nanosecond.

I plan that it will take me two to three foals to make my hardship fee back but in my area it's the AMHA registered horses that get the buyers to your door. The funny thing is once they are there they buy what they like regardless of the papers.
default_wacko.png

All of our herd is double registered(with the exception of a couple) and we show about equally at R & A shows. I enjoy them both. What I really enjoy though is the combination shows which are on the upswing in our area. We get to see folks from both registries and enjoy watching the competition even more.
default_biggrin.png

We started out R and then moved into mainly A horses. Now we have come full circle and are enjoying both.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Good Luck,

Most of the registry shows me / my horses have done is AMHR. But, if pressed, I'd purchase an AMHA only horse over an AMHR only one (and then, of course, hardship into AMHR off the AMHA's). All but two of my mares are AMHA/AMHR, and both stallions. Since I show primarily AMHR, only one of my geldings has AMHA papers along with his AMHR's.

All of our horses but one are double registered, the one is AMHA only.

I am active the most in AMHA, am on the Board of Directors and on the Computer, Local Shows, and Rules & Regs committees. We do show some AMHR, and one year we went to Nationals and Worlds back to back. Won't do that again, too much so we will choose one or the other. Not sure which way we will go this year.

If I had to choose only one, it would be AMHA as those horses have a higher value and the only registry that international buyers are interested in.

I have always been mostly involved with AMHR but am turning my focus to AMHA. I am not one who is interested in breeding the pony type and AMHR seems to have no interest in the horse type mini any more, at least that is what I am seeing at the shows. I have enjoyed AMHR, am sad to have to leave.

All of our horses are AMHA and AMHR registered, with the exception of one gelding that will never leave that is AMHA only. However, all we do with R is register horses, A is the one we are active in and if we had to pick one registry, it would be AMHA all the way!

I have one shetland and one "B" mare that is R only [was A till she went over]. That said everything else here is double registered. I show more R than A and there are far more A shows in this area than R shows. I usually have to drive eight hours to get to an R show but its worth it. Both registries have their good points and bad but I prefer the R. A good R horse can bring just as much as an A horse and as for competing with the ponies with my A type horses we can hold our own. Besides they are ALL shetlands anyway.

AMHR/ASPC for me. I started in AMHA back in 1989, but have slowly migrated to the AMHR/ASPC because I discovered the ponies and found I love them. At this time, I only have one horse (a retired broodmare) that is AMHA registered. Interestingly, I get lots of inquiries on my foals sired by my double registered stallion, B&L's Rock E Red Alert, from people that focus on the A circuit, so I would have to say my small Shetlands are what get people to my place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted AMHR/ASPC; as I'm most "involved" in it as I go to shows that are in that circut, convention ext...at this time I don't show heavily on the AMHA circut, have shown at local shows and have horses that have Supreme titles, but have never shown at Worlds do to the timing right after Nationals.

I have probably 35 in my AMHA/AMHR double registered miniature herd; and about 15 in my AMHR/ASPC program......some of which will be used interchangably.

I have mostly AMHR horses. I do have a AMHA only stallion, soon to be AMHR, as well as a AMHA/AMHR stallion, 2 AMHA/AMHR mares and a AMHA/AMHR filly. The rest of my herd is AMHR only. So I deal more with AMHR.

Latest posts

Back