WHEW! That was a close one! Prayers still needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin, That is a great name. Lorie

The blood vessels look like fringe growing around the iris of her eyes. Not just red. Vet says its a sign that there was an infection in the uterus and thats probably why she foaled so early. Although the placenta didn't look bad.

As of 12 noon, she is starting to nurse. At 1pm the vet is coming to draw IGG and other lab work to look for infection. Keep those prayers coming, they are helping!

Thanks all!

Love,

Robin and "Lucy"

ps... I am thinking of a name for her.... as you know my Dad lived with us for a long while and just died on New years day. He used to tell me silly jokes every day and then make a silly face. I can still see his silly grin when he would tell me this one joke!

He told me this joke and it was our favorite silly joke and we would say just the punch line to each other to make each other laugh...

question:Why don't elephants like to go to Alabama?

answer:Tuscaloosa.

Get it? Tusk- a loosa????

Yeah, we both knew it was dumb, that is what was so funny, I guess you had to be there. So... the filly will probably be named... TrueJoy GGA Daddys Tuscaloosa, and we will call her Lucy. GGA = my Dad's initials.

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for little Lucy. I'm afraid one of my mares will deliver early, so I'm taking notes of the medicines you have her on.

[SIZE=12pt]Lots of prayers coming your way for little Lucy. [/SIZE]

Barbie

Sure hope your little girl continues to improve. She sounds tiny! Best wishes
default_yes.gif

She is gorgeous Robin!
default_wub.png

I've been praying for her all day!

I am sorry to hear abou tthe filly I hope she recovers fully and soon. And I think the name is a wonderful tribute to your name,

Latest posts

Back