where you from? About yourself?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-mini

Reaction score
Just wondering where all you mini owners live?

We live in the NE part of Ohio.

We have a few cattle, a dog and a mini. We used to have pot belly pigs, but they have passed on over the years.

my girlfriend/wife(we have been together for 13 years, not married,lol) is a nurse.She has never had any large animals until see met me.

My daughter is 2 years old. She is the best thing ever. Our mini's name is Buckeye, but she calls him baby horsey.

Myself, I own a lawn & landscape business. I grew up on a dairy farm.

We support breast cancer research. I lost my mom to it, she was 41. I have had many other family members with it.

I haven't been on here in a while since we had to put my one and only mini down in November so I thought this might be a nice post to sort of re-introduce myself.

I'm a junior in college majoring in Elementary and Early Childhood Education. I rode horses almost my whole life and fell in love with minis when I was about 15 or 16. I basically love all animals and work at a small animal veterinary clinic taking care of people's pets. At my family's home (I am currently living in an apartment near school where I'm not allowed to have pets, other than two frogs and some fish
default_rolleyes.gif
) we have three cats and two turtles. I hope to get another mini (or two) in the near future but am currently focusing my time and money on school. I've really been missing the minis lately though so it's good to be back on here!
default_yes.gif

HI!!

I'm from Pittsburgh but live in Texas. I'm co-partner with my friend Jane Wagner and we own Field of Dreams Miniature Horses. We have about 30 Minis, all registered AMHR with some double registered AMHA and ASPC.

I have a JRT and a chocolate Lab, plus four guinea pigs. Not married, no kids. I work as a scanner in a mortgage company.

Welcome to the Forum!

Lucy

Hi

I live in Quebec, Canada, been here all my life. I live not to far from the US border. I speak french of course but prefer english. I have been married since 2006, have a soon to be 19 month old son named, Noah. I am expecting my 2nd child due in Fenruary 2011. I breed registered arabian and miniature horses. My husband also is a dairy farmer with his father. We have jersey cattle and milk on average 25 head. In the house I have a registered border collie named Shefdale Rusty, 2 cats named Whiskers and Oreo and 4 fish. I currently am not working, was laid off in September from my seasonal job working at a golf course.

Hi! Welcome. I was born and raised in SoCal, but have spent the last 13 years in Nebraska.I'm married and I have a four year old boy and a six week old girl. On our little acreage, we have three minis,a dozen fainting goats, three dogs, six cats and wayyyy too many roosters.

I used to ride hunter/jumper on my TB gelding, but since having kids I gave that up a sold my big horse. I couldn't stand not having a horse, so I got a mini....then another...then another. They are mostly oversized "My Little Pony"s (I'm revisiting my childhood) but I'm slooowwwly training one to drive and my son rides the others.

I live in NE Montana, my husband and I raised Red AngusX beef cattle; and the minis are my adventure, he likes them sort of, but doesn't get why I want a horse you don't ride.
default_rolleyes.gif

I have 10 minis, 2 saddle horses, 1 Hanging Tree cattle dog (although, she still doesn't get working cattle, she just likes to chase), 1-3 house cats (only one likes me, the other two like my husband), and numerous barn cats. My husband has one saddle horse and one red heeler.

I've had horses for over almost 25 years, but only had the minis for the last 5 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi!
default_saludando.gif

I recently moved from Oregon (where I lived for over 42 yrs) to Bradenton, Florida...we drove with our dogs and horses across the country!!!
default_yes.gif

We currently have 4 horses with us and 3 more soon to be on their way here, 3 dogs and 2 barn cats: Khan, Jet, Gabby, Starfire, Ally, Seq, Dream, Gunner, Stevie, Abby, Sally and Harry....lol

My wife Deb is an OR nurse and we have been married almost 2 yrs now.
default_wub.png

I am currently not working outside the home...taking care of farm and house for now...but have been in customer service for MANY years.
default_smile.png

I have 2 children...23 yr old daughter Taylor and 22 yr old son Scott...who still live in Oregon (and I miss VERY much!)

I have been a member of this forum since close to its "birth" 11? yrs ago now (the join date on the side near my name is not accurate...lol)
default_saludando.gif

Hi There

We are in Ohio too
default_smile.png
We are about 35 miles East of Columbus. Come visit us if you are ever out this way!

We have 14 miniatures and shetlands, 3 dogs, 1 barn cat.

I work doing online content writing and am currently mgr of a temporary Halloween store. (I do that every year) But mostly I live eat and breath horses!

My son helps alot with showing and training and hubby helps with the breeding and daily care side.

Kay

Hi
saludando.gif
I live in Indiana on the farm my grandparents started over 50 years ago.My parents,aunt and uncle,cousin and grandparents all have a home here.Most of us are horse crazy!I have 9 minis,3 big horses that I trail ride,3 dogs,4 cats,2 goats,1 rabbit and fish. I have 2 kids and 1 supportive husband
laugh.gif
.I work at a horse barn that works with kids that have special needs,i also clean a few houses and animal sit all of which i can take my kids so it's perfect.

Hi there!

Originally from Kansas, then Arizona and then So Cal, I have lived in central AZ since 1973. I was married to a ranch hand for many years but divorced back in the late 80's. I went to work for a large credit card company in 1989 and have worked in their fraud deptartment for about 14 yrs. now.

I always had big horses (Appaloosas) that we worked on, competed with and bred and then in 1995 got into the Minis quite by accident. And you know what happens then- you can't have just one and that is EXACTLY how it worked, LOL

I sold my last riding horse a few years ago.... it just didnt work out with working full time, the Minis (which I refuse to give up now) and the full sized ones. There is not enough time in the day!

I live on about an acre, so room is limited, but I currently have 10 Minis, a Border Collie, a rescued BC mix, and many Manx cats. I have not remarried but have been with my Other Half Clyde, for 17 yrs now. He likes animals but is not really a 'horse person' so much.

Hello from the San Bernardino Mtns of southern California
default_smile.png

I'm Rachel & my hubby John & I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary on Halloween.

We show & occassionall breed Great Danes.. tho currently are at our lowest number with 2 but hopefully next year that will change as I hope we'll be blessed with a litter. We haven't had one since 2005.

Our 1 and only mini is Saber a 8yr old 32" stallion (who we've had for 3yrs now) is a therapy animal and goes to hospitals, schools & convelescent hospitals.

He's also new to the R.E.A.D. (Reading Education Assistance Dogs) program and next week will be going to an elementary school to have children read to him.

Saber's "herd" are our Great Danes.

Other then them we have 6 housecats & 2 cockatiels.

We are from Ontario Canada. Joined LB in January 2006, boy time goes fast already going on 5 years.
default_wub.png

We have 6 grand children and Thanksgiving had our first Great Grand son.

We got our first riding horse in 1985 his name was Reble (Quarter x Arab)

We broke him to drive and he was a great babysitter. Our youngest daughter was 1.5 years old when she was up on him and we walked her around with him.

In 1991 we bought our first breeding stock ( Registered Paso Finos ) 1 Stallion and 2 Mares

Their offspring because of their bloodline gave them a wonderful smooth natural gait.

Bought our first unregistered Black Mini in 2001 and bred her out to a unregistered Black Mini Stallion

She had a gorgious black pinto colt, we where hooked.

Sold her and bought our first registered horses from Rod and Heather Hart from Manitoba.

Went up to 18 miniature horses and now came back down to earth with just 10 minis.

Just right for us. AMHA / AMHR / FBR under 34" as of 2010 we have had 18 foals.

our New Stallion Rowdy ( 27.750") Tobiano Homoygous in 2010, has had his first 3 foals.

This is our Retirement Hobby

Nice to see newbies joining. Great Place to learn

Fascinating thread
default_smile.png

My husband and I (legally married 23yrs as of this coming Sunday :D and had been living together for 11yrs before that ) live in the northern interior of British Columbia, Canada on 236acres of land. We had intentions of farming(we both had a farm upbringing) when we purchased it back in the spring of 2003 but after the price of cattle tanked because of the BSE scare we sold off our cattle and eventually our saddle horses.I've had horses, trained and ridden them since I was 12 years old but the minis are still a new experience that we continue to learn more about daily. We bought our first mini from an auction in 2002 to save her from a poor situation and loved how she was with our 12 year old special needs daughter. When my husbands job disappeared we sold her expecting to have to move out of province to find work. Well, only weeks after she was sold he found a steady job here and we started looking for a registered horse or 2. We did find a horse ...or rather 6 of them lol. We now have 11 minis, down from a high of 14, have bred a few foals but pretty much decided that we prefer training and driving better than breeding so haven't had a foal now in 2 years and don't have any expected for next spring either. Besides the minis we have a neutered male Bullmastiff, Magnum, a spayed female Boston Terrier, Abby, our house cat Roscoe and 2 - 8inch gold fish that are pond fish all summer and tank fish for the winter. We enjoy our pets, wildlife, the peace of living where we do, and spending time with our families, but for me my favorite thing is driving my miniatures.

Hello from central Ohio!
saludando.gif

We are just west of Columbus in London.

I have had horses all my life. I grew up in 4-H showing my beloved Quarter Horse, Leo and then my solid bred Paint, Rascal. I had always wanted a mini, but my mom said they were useless and I had to wait until I was grown and paying the feed bill myself.
wink.gif

As soon as I had enough money, I bought my first mini. I was 20. I enjoyed training, breeding and showing for a few years until my husband and I had our first child. I then sold all of the horses and waited a few years and now that our girls are older I have recently rejoined the world of minis. No breeding for us this time around - we have all geldings!

I am a special education preschool teacher and my husband teaches 7th and 8th grade Science. Our girls are now 12 and 8 and will be showing the minis in 4-H this year. We also have a riding horse, but the girls definitely prefer the minis and I am fine with that!

Barbara

This is great, I had no idea this many people would reply. It is cool knowing where all you mini owners are from and your history with mini's and your families.

Hi and welcome for North Central Montana,

Well i got into minis recently after my hubby was diagnosed with more than one mental illness, before that i rode my arab x mare, but after talking about it we decided that for our children ( a 7 year old and 1 year old )it would be best if i don't take the risks that riding can pose as there are days when i am the care taker for all my family members and animals. So along came Navajo my now 5 month old mini appy colt and a short while after Clyde my 6 year old driving gelding. I haven't regretted the decision once and absolutely love that my children can be out there with me!

Hi!
default_saludando.gif

I recently moved from Oregon (where I lived for over 42 yrs) to Bradenton, Florida...we drove with our dogs and horses across the country!!!
default_yes.gif

We currently have 4 horses with us and 3 more soon to be on their way here, 3 dogs and 2 barn cats: Khan, Jet, Gabby, Starfire, Ally, Seq, Dream, Gunner, Stevie, Abby, Sally and Harry....lol

My wife Deb is an OR nurse and we have been married almost 2 yrs now.
default_wub.png
Moving to Florida is actually moving back for me. I lived in several different parts of the Florida peninsula for over 15 years before moving to Oregon to be with her. I grew up in Kansas where I always had a shetland pony to ride until I was 12 or 13. Shortly after college, I began traveling across the country as a traveling O.R. nurse. It was the best way to get to see the country and ended up settling in Florida. I just loved it there when I arrived it felt like home. Made many friends who were like family to me and truly missed when I went to Oregon to be with my wife. I loved the scenery there and made some wonderful friends there and really enjoyed the family life that I settled into with my wife, her family and our fur children. But of course, it did not take much arm twisting when my wife said she'd like to move to Florida lol. So glad to be back here again.
aktion033.gif
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

Where am I from or where do I live? Right now I live in Northern Nevada. We are hoping to move to OR next spring/summer. It will be a big change for us.

Hello & welcome..

I am born and raised in Green Springs Ohio and have lived here all 22 years of my life. Its in Northwestern Ohio, near Sandusky and about an hour SE of Toledo. I use to own miniature horses however sold most all of them and now raise american shetland ponies. Its my pony passion. We attend shows all over Ohio & Area II and show amhr/aspc. You can find me at a lot of Sales here in Ohio and shows.

We live in central Oklahoma where I was born and raised. I started with shetlands. My great grandfather gave me my first shetland when I was born. My parents sold him when I was about 2 then got me another shetland. I have had horses all my life and shown in quarter horse and arabian shows, barrel raced,done cutting and team penning, worked cattle and general farm chores all my life. My hubby of 32 years and I got our firt minis in 1979. Our entire first herd (stallion and 6 mares) was wiped out during a sudden electrical storm in 1980. We bought and sold horses and ponies for several years and eventually we got down to one horse that I had owned all of her life. She passed away in 1999. I bought a registered mini mare in 2003 to keep her out of a bad situation. I then got another to keep her company.

We are now at 6 minis and a shetland and expecting(hopefully) three foals for 2011.

We don't do much of anything with them except spoil them rotten. The shetland and one mini are currently in training for driving. We never sell one, if they end up ours, it is for life. That would be like selling one of our children.

I am a store support manager for a variety store chain and travel over Oklahoma and Texas.

We are soon to be moving to the farm where my father was born and will be able to really enjoy the horses.

Latest posts

Back