where you from? About yourself?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Kim and my husband is Mark. We have two kids, Hilary 22 who just bought her own home and my son Matthew who is going to college to be a computer programmer.

We live in Rochester Washington. Near Olympia. We currently own 7 amha/amhr minis. Since my daughter is leaving,( 10 minutes away!) I want to get down to 4 or 5. Enough to spoil and show! We received our first honor roll buckle last for our stallion last year. The high point of showing for us! My daughter and I are the only ones that show the horses.

I work as a lunch lady in an high school. Keeps me entertained!!! I also paint animal portraits to pay for horse shows.My husband is a computer programmer.

Welcome to the Forum, there are some amazing people her for you to meet!

This is really great! I'm learning so much about everyone!

My name is Mimi and I'm from Missouri. I've been officially married to my husband for 13 years, though we've been together for 25 years...no children. We were married after I got back from a working student job (working with jumpers) in Europe. I am a former large horse trainer, having worked with American Saddlebreds, Morgans, Hunter/Jumpers, and Arabians, but got out of the business after my dad passed away several years ago. It was an unbelievably hard time for me. But being without horses was just more than I could deal with, so we ended up back in horses. Minis this time though and just for fun, though I do still give lessons on the big horses for kicks. I'm also a hobby cook and dream one day of opening a vendor business to take to horse shows so I can feed everyone healthy, good tasting stuff and offset the price of showing my own horses.

My husband and I work together in the 'service industry,' which is a fancy way of saying that we work in a bar. I bartend and was recently promoted to Special Events Manager. My husband does a little of everything down there from bartending to playing bouncer to managing. It can be very entertaining and even stressful at times. I also work in choreography as a sideline and work on several shows each year. Most notably, shows that I've worked on have gone national and have been seen in Vegas, Seattle, New York, among other places.

We have two miniautre horses, both geldings. A two year old, who just got his first National Top Five this year at my first nationals and a yearling that we purchased at the Nationals. My coming three year old, Shake, is starting his driving training right now. My yearling is still at his breeders place and will be joining us in November.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories! This is a lot of fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where am I from or where do I live? Right now I live in Northern Nevada. We are hoping to move to OR next spring/summer. It will be a big change for us.
Katiean, what part of Oregon? The Eastern side of the Cascade Mountains won't be so much of a change, except we may get a little colder with more snow? Summers are dry and up in the 90's.

default_saludando.gif
Another Ontarionian here, from southwestern Ontario. I currently have 7 AMHR minis, but after over 20 years in them I am working on dispersing my very small breeding herd (and keeping the few that I just can't part with).

I also breed Cardigan Welsh Corgis (currently own 6) and have just started to get into herding with them. To top that off I also have 2 dressage horses, a mixed breed pinto, and a Hannoverian. This all keeps me pretty busy right now, but add into that trying to run my own business-I am a Saddler by trade! Fun and challenging, but also somewhat stressful...
default_wacko.png

~kathryn

My name is Maryann. My husband is Larry, and my 13 year old daughter is Brianna. We live in Oregon on just under 45 acres.

We have had minis since 1990. It didn't take long to start from two minis and mushroom to dozens! We have had as many as 100+ but are now down to about 60 and are continuing to shrink the numbers. When I say "minis", I am counting, AMHA, AMHR, and ASPC. We also have six larger riding horses.

We have other animals as well: Two caged birds, four dogs, three cats, four llamas, one mini donkey, one goat, a bunch of fish.........(and a partridge in a pear tree!)

Larry USED to haul minis, mini donkeys, and ponies for people but the economy has made it very difficult to make even a little bit of money so he's stopped that. Now, he's focused on his other love from college and that is ASTRONOMY. He works part time for our local Observatory in Sales, keeping up their Website, and editing their News Letter.

I'm the MOM.....I keep the farm operating day to day, but I'm also the one who stays home when Larry leaves for an Astronomy "Star Party" (to be a vendor). During the summer, the child enjoys going with him... I'm also doing a bit of writing.........A few articles for grocery money, plus working on a book on the side.......I'm not very disciplined, so it's taking awhile. When not doing the above I volunteer at our local NO KILL Shelter and at my daughter's school.

I live on 70 acres in central Ohio, near a town called Centerburg and work in Columbus near Port Columbus for the state of Ohio as a Business Analyst. We have around 25 horses, 20 minis and 5 full sized horses, 7 dogs, 2 birds and 2 cats.

We have had minis for over 25 years now. We are trying to cut back a bit to make the work load easier but so far, haven't been able to sell many.

Our main love is driving in shows and on the nearby rail trails for pleasure.

Katiean, what part of Oregon? The Eastern side of the Cascade Mountains won't be so much of a change, except we may get a little colder with more snow? Summers are dry and up in the 90's.
Actually we are looking at the Eugene area. I lived just outside of Medford as a kid and I loved it. We are looking to get a few more trees. My sister is buying a house so I can take care of my mother. I just have to fit my life into the mix.

Hi, from Central Oklahoma as well and have lived here all my life. In fact I was born in Muskogee and get teased about being the Okie from Muskogee (after the CW song). Only time I was out of OK was when ex was stationed in Columbus GA and if I had to move GA is where I would go.

Have 2 grown sons with families of their own, 7 grandchildren (2 of which I inherited but they are still mine) and now I have a wonderful great granddaugher who is just over a year old.

Have 5 acres where I raise miniatures and shetlands, along with 4 house dogs and 4 cats. My other full time job is working for the Federal Government--now what to do in my spare time
default_laugh.png
, sew and crochet when it is too cold to work outside and I'm the caregiver for my Father.

What a wonderful live--would not change a thing--thank heavens the horses keep me sane
default_yes.gif

Hi! I'm from Wisconsin! I currently don't own any minis, so I love coming to this forum to get my mini fix!
default_smile.png
I've wanted a mini probably for over 10 years now but I know now isn't the right time for me to get one. Someday though, my dreams will come true of owning one! I just want to make sure I am at a place in my life where I can give him/her all the attention he/she deserves!
default_smile.png
Welcome to the forum! I've been coming to the forum for four years or so but just recently registered!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back