Where can I get boots for minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loren&Rocky

Reaction score
I think I will be needed some boots for Rocky and Slick when I am driving them out on the road. I know Old Macks have boots, but they don't go down to mini sizes. Is there another brand I could try?

Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Star Lake Tack sells a set of mini buckle on shoes that I plan to try..they are only $20 a pair! Since you really only need them on the front? these would work, go to

www.starlakefarm.com

Good luck Maxine

Hey Star Lake Tack sells a set of mini buckle on shoes that I plan to try..they are only $20 a pair! Since you really only need them on the front? these would work, go to

www.starlakefarm.com

Good luck Maxine
Thank you! I could not find them on the site, so I will have to e-mail them about the boots.

Thanks again

When you do get the info on the boots from Star Lake, can you please post. I have a rescue mini that is ouchy on the front from some white line separation and boots would definitely help her.

I have a pair of Epic boots that I got when I took my mini to a Pete Ramey clinic. However, he did not care for the way they fit him and gave them to me. I tried them for a couple of days but it caused bruising on the heel. So I tried to copy the boots described on the Best of the Forum and I could not get it to work right. I was on a barefoot list bemoaning the lack of boots and this person replied. They are a little pricey, but if they fit right they are well worth it. I have not bought a pair yet because I am waiting for an opinion from my barefoot trimmer.

http://www.horsemocs.com/index2.htm

as far as the other post about white line separation, I found a wonderful product that really helped. I have been dealing with an IR mini for a couple of years now. I had no idea that thrush could go into the hoot and effect the lamina. So I have used this product called Clean Trax and it has made a major difference. It is a hoof soak and for mini's IV bags work well. If you need any more information please let me know.
default_yes.gif
:

Marla

I have a pair of Epic boots that I got when I took my mini to a Pete Ramey clinic. However, he did not care for the way they fit him and gave them to me. I tried them for a couple of days but it caused bruising on the heel. So I tried to copy the boots described on the Best of the Forum and I could not get it to work right. I was on a barefoot list bemoaning the lack of boots and this person replied. They are a little pricey, but if they fit right they are well worth it. I have not bought a pair yet because I am waiting for an opinion from my barefoot trimmer.

http://www.horsemocs.com/index2.htm

as far as the other post about white line separation, I found a wonderful product that really helped. I have been dealing with an IR mini for a couple of years now. I had no idea that thrush could go into the hoot and effect the lamina. So I have used this product called Clean Trax and it has made a major difference. It is a hoof soak and for mini's IV bags work well. If you need any more information please let me know.
default_yes.gif
:

Marla
Thanks for the info on the white line treatment! I'm going to see how her feet grow out. The separation isn't too bad right now and is more a result of lack of farrier care than anything else. She is already feeling better and is trotting around with her 2 pasture mates and doing a little bit of cantering. She's a rescue and we've only had her a week. I'll check out Clean Trax. Thanks.

After looking all over the place for suitable boots I found a company called "hoofwings" they are easy to put on and they stay on....I've tried the buckle shoes at Star Lake tack and they would move & come off. www.hoofwings.com is there website. :bgrin

Champ

Good luck hon, As stated I plan to try them but haven't yet..let us know how they work out for oyu.

Maxine

PS will also check out the Hoofwings website..

added to say checked out the "Hoofwings and Hoofboots", but wow out of my price range right now:)

Good luck hon, As stated I plan to try them but haven't yet..let us know how they work out for oyu.

Maxine

PS will also check out the Hoofwings website..

added to say checked out the "Hoofwings and Hoofboots", but wow out of my price range right now:)
:new_shocked: Out of my price range too!!

If the others fall off I have back up. It is called Vet Wrap!!! :bgrin

Latest posts

Back