Recommendations for hoof boots for driving.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carrie Wind

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all, I am a trail driver and CDE competitor here in New England. Sometimes the gravel roads or rocky trails are too much for tiny hooves so I use hoof boots. I have been using Cavallo CLB but I find that they fall off. I rasped down the big toe cap to make for a more natural break-over and I fasten the Velcro in a V shape as was suggested by the manufacturer but they get grabbed by the hind feet in tough footing or hills and get pulled off anyway. Have you found success with any other brand of boots for carriage driving at speed? We currently compete at Preliminary level in CDEs and are training to move up to Intermediate. Thanks!

I have also heard a lot of positive reviews on Scoot Boots - they do have smaller sizes, it's a little unclear how small they do go, but I would guess fairly small since they have horse sizing down to 000 and then about 5 pony sizes smaller than that.

I use Easy Boots when trail driving. I put all 4 on Breezy a couple of weeks back when we hit some pretty rough trails and I will say I lost one 😝 Maybe I didn’t have it on very good, IDK 🤷🏻‍♀️ I had no idea where I lost it so we didn’t even look for it, it could be anywhere on the ranch we were visiting. I will be ordering a couple of more plus now I have a spare 🤣

Latest posts

Back