Choosing boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dapper Dan has Easy Boots. Midnight had Equine Fusion. I'm probably going to get the Equine Fusion for Billy, but, wow, they are pricey. A good investment, though, I know. Sometimes Dapper Dan loses an Easy Boot on the hind because he drags his toe a little.
I've tried size 2 and size 3 Easy Boot on Billy and neither works. Have not had the farrier out yet, and I will have him measure for me after the trim of his neglected hooves. But I don't think the Easy Boot sizes are right for Billy.
Do you have horses that seem to fit in between sizes? Maybe there is a pad? A question to ask the reps...

I've used the gel pads to take up space. It reduces the size of the fit by maybe 1/4 size or a little more on my guys. Snugs them up a little.

I recently was looking at boots for Jasmine - but she only needs them when she's visiting in care facilities. Somewhere in here I found a thread about using Build-A-Bear high-top sneakers. I know that's not at all appropriate for your needs, @Marsha Cassada, but my daughter LOVED the rainbow high tops. We're waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully they'll serve the purpose for some added traction in sites until I can justify/afford real booties.

I have easy boots for Stormy. One size was too small and I couldn’t get his hoof in it. I went up a size and it was waaaay too big he would walk out of them. I tried comfort pads and socks but nothing worked for him. So he doesn’t get any boots but he doesn’t seem to need them.

I have easy boots for Stormy. One size was too small and I couldn’t get his hoof in it. I went up a size and it was waaaay too big he would walk out of them. I tried comfort pads and socks but nothing worked for him. So he doesn’t get any boots but he doesn’t seem to need them.
I used to think mine did not need boots either. But over years of driving on pavement, he got bone spurs and arthritis. I think if I had put boots on him sooner it may have helped. Maybe not, but something to think about.

Latest posts

Back