Whats your favorite tv shows???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
I sure am watching some tv! LOL! When they did that digital transition with regular tv our reception was so bad! We decided to get Direct tv and OMG I had no clue what I was missing!!!!! LOL!!!

My favorites are...

Project Runway

Ghost Hunters

Myth Busters

Dirty Jobs(Love this show!!!!)

Pawn Stars

American pickers!!!

Gosh, I know there's more but these are my top few!!!!

Of course there's Survivor and Americas Next top model but those were things I watched before "Direct TV" and are just a given!!!!! LOL!!!

Edited to add... LOST! I'm a die hard fan but gosh sometimes it's hard to follow!! LOL!! I find my self saying WHAT??? often in that show!! LOL!! But I still have to watch it!!
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoy:

NCIS, CSI, Law and Order, Bones, Pet Stars,

I'm just not much for the reality shows I guess. Actually lately haven't really watched much TV but when I do these are the ones I look for and then movies on Lifetime Womens Network.

1) Smallville - Biggest superman nerd ever right here! I started watching smallville my freshman year in high school when I dislocated my ankle and have been watching it like non other since. I sort of went through high school with the show, my freshman year coincided his freshman year, soph, jr and sr year...so it was sort of neat in that sense. They are on S9 right now, its a bit "darker", but It is for sure my favorite season yet. Oliver and Clark are my two favorite charicters on the show.....Justin Hartley is very easy on the eyes
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png
. I own every season of smallville, I'm the girl at best buy as soon as it opens every Sept when the new season comes out on DVD. I also own a few of my favorite epps on my Ipod Touch incase I get bored at work. I started out a huge Tom Welling fan, now I'm a bit more of a Justin Hartley fan ...
default_wink.png

2) Ghost Hunters (TAPS) - Still catching up on old episodes on youtube. I really miss Brian Harnois on the show, but Steve and Tango are a much better team now. Tango
default_wub.png

3) House - I do not watch it on a normal basis, actually cannot even tell you what day or time it is on, but if I am watching TV and come across it I always stop and watch the show.

Other shows that I like are George Lopez, Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs and The Nanny (the old 90s show).

My DISH is my 'salvation' during this kind of winter; I am far from movie theaters and rental places for DVDs and the like(not my 'thing' to rent such anyway), so I LOVE my DISH and programming package!

My favorite TV show is "Lost"(I am not one to want to own DVDs of an entire series, but may ask for it for Christmas or birthday after LOST ends this year), but I also love: all of the Animal Planet 'animal cop' shows, "I Survived" on Bio, all of the L & Order shows, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, lots of stuff on A & E(currently dvd'ing The Sopranos), lots of stuff on TNT(currently dvd'ing the ER episodes),Criminal Minds, recently-discovered Pawn Stars and American Pickers, Deadliest Catch(so sorry about the news that Captain Phil of the 'Cornelia Marie' just died, at only 53...). I also like 'The Little Couple' and the Roloff's show. I loved 'Chimp Eden',too, but it seems to have had a very limited 'run', with no new episodes for quite a while now.

What I don't watch is 'reality' shows where rotten behavior is considered 'entertainment'...not to me!

Margo

We don't have cable or dish so we stick to movies or shows that we can watch online. I do have some favorites.

My top favorites (some have been canceled).

Cranivale- canceled, but we have both seasons on DVD and watch them frequently

Firefly- canceled, we have this one on DVD as well. Only one season was made
default_sad.png
but they did make a movie after they canceled the show.

House

Spartacus: Blood and Sand- brand new, I'm absolutely in love.

Lost- Mostly for Matthew Fox, what a hunk.

Futurama- They canceled this show, but have recently decided to bring it back with the original voices. I am so excited.

Oh boy!

AVATAR THE LAST AIR BENDER!!!!!!!!!!!!
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce
default_new_multi.gif
:HappyBounce (yes that many happy bounce faces were necessary!)

I will watch House but dont go out of my way for it. The 4th season was painfully bad but the others are ok. Hugh Laurie is great.

Venture Brothers

Futurama

Family Guy

American Dad

Rockos Modern Life (...Im an animation nut)

The Smoking Gun Presents The Worlds Dumbest

Thats really about it. I am huge into animation (but there is a lot of poor quality animation stuff out there - I am picky). I generally have dvds that I watch whenever. There are a few other random things I may tune in to on occasion.

I mostly DVR all my shows.

Dog Whisperer

48 Hours Mysteries

Dateline

Survivor

Kitchen Nightmares

H e l l 's Kitchen

The Bachelor

Shark Tank

American Idol

Rescue Ink

Every evening after all the work is done that is my time to relax. I sit with the computer next to me or have a magazine, like the journal or something, or go on Lil Begins while watching TV.

But my favorites.

#1. Survivors

Amazing Race

American Idol

Desperate Housewives

This seasons: The Bachelor

NCIS

Biggest Loser

NCIS LA

The Mentalist

OH and DANCING WITH THE STARS..... I almost forgot I like that when it comes on too.

Can see what an exciting life I lead with my 4 dogs. TJ

Every evening after all the work is done that is my time to relax. I sit with the computer next to me or have a magazine, like the journal or something, or go on Lil Begins while watching TV.

But my favorites.

#1. Survivors

Amazing Race

American Idol

Desperate Housewives

This seasons: The Bachelor

NCIS

Biggest Loser

NCIS LA

The Mentalist

OH and DANCING WITH THE STARS..... I almost forgot I like that when it comes on too.

Can see what an exciting life I lead with my 4 dogs. TJ

House

Castle

Bones

White Collar

Lost

Dirty Jobs

Deadliest Catch

I like Dirty Jobs, Deadliest Catch and House, but I don't go out of my way to watch them. If I catch them on, great, if not, no big deal.

Ghost Whisperer, Medium, and Numbers........all on Friday nights

The Mentalist ...on Thursday nights.

being in school i have a lot of down time and so i have become a tv person haha

i watch:

Gossip Girl

Gilmore Girks (i know its over but i watch it all the time)

The Secret Life of the American Teenager

Make It or Break It

Greek

Keeping up with the Kardashians

Chelsea Lately (im in love with this show)

Lipstick Jungle (great show, only 20 episodes because NBC like to cancel shows with out giving them a chance)

I mostly watch the discovery channel and the science channel:

Deadliest Catch (RIP Capt. Phil Harris)

Dirty Jobs

Mythbusters

American Idol

Two and a Half men

local news

I also like to watch the food channel network

My Sunday lineup: Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad

Grey's Anatomy

Law & Order: SVU

Law & Order

Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Bones

Those are pretty much my regulars for the week
default_smile.png

Our DVR list is:

Castle

Law & Order SVU

American Idol

Leverage

Burn Notice

Royal Pains (when it is on)

Grey's Anatomy

Private Practice

Bones

Vampire Diaries (I know - cheesy - but it's actually getting pretty good)

Thank goodness for DVR! I never have time to watch these shows when they are actually on, but I get up early on weekends and do all my TV viewing in one sitting AND get to fast forward through commercials. I almost can't stand watching TV in "real time" because of the stinking commercials!
default_wink.png

Other shows we like to watch when we catch them on:

Dirty Jobs

Cash Cab

Shows on HGTV

Barbara

MY all time favorite is LOST. I have the 5 seasons that are our on DVD. The kids watch it all the time too. I am a bit concerned with where this season is going. I didn't like it that Lock or rather The Man in the Black Shirt had Jacob killed. I also do not like that The Bomb has "Worked" . The personality changes has me bugged. The episode on Tuesday had better be a better episode than the season opener.

Oh and I like NCIS, CSI, Law and Order.

I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned The Biggest Loser. It continues to be my favorite show. Guess I've fallen into the "reality TV" rut because I also like Survivor and a couple of the others - I also think Undercover Boss has some potential; although I was disappointed in the Hooters show. Criminal Minds, The Unit, 24 are typically "my kind" of show.

Prior to this week I had only ever watched a few episodes of Law and Order. This week I watched a kajillion episodes. My favorite show is 24. And it comes on tonight. Love it. We actually had never watched it until just prior to season 6. We rented all the previous seasons and refused to listen to people talk about the then current season until we caught up. We were staying up past 2:00 am weekends. Now we are hip to whatever is going on in Jack Bauer's world! There were also lots of good movies on this week because of Valentines. The best one I saw this week was RV. But what we really like to do is play concert videos. We have The Eagles, Stevie Nix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Los Lonely Boys, Marshall Tucker Band, Diana Krall, Nora Jones, Rush, Stealy Dan.

Thank goodness for cable during the winter months!!

My favorites are

CSI - all o fhtem

Criminal Minds

Singing Bee

I did like Trauma but they took it off the air ;o(

American Idol

House Wives of Orange County - just find this show soooo unbelievable!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

I like TV way too much!!!

Some of my favorite shows:

• LOST
  • House
  • NCIS
  • Criminal Minds
  • The Mentalist
  • Glenn Beck
  • Survivor