What Are Some of Your Favorite NON-Horse Items

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Besides family, friends & animals

Even though it's not an "item", Lil Beginnings!

My grandma's ruby heart pendant and her wedding ring which are now mine.

My grandma's saddle

Archie digest comics

diamonds

Earrings

swimming

coffee mugs

fanciful teapots

figural antique salt & pepper shakers

BOOKS

All arts & crafts

The grill!

My elect blanket in winter & fan in the summer!

First and foremost my hubby, dogs, horses family and friends. Just a few material things I'd say that I use every day and enjoy...my computer, my historical books, TV and DVR. Other than that my barn. I love everything about my farm. And now this summer I've gotten more into tropical fish keeping and now have 3 aquariums.

Jill I remember you at one point started setting up some beautiful scapes....how many do you have now and what do you have in them? Any planted tanks? I have a planted 20 gallon community tank with LED lights and a blue night lite. Love it! I also am cycling a 14 gallon Bio Cube..hubby says salt water...I say stick with tropical fish! And a bit ago I caved and got a 5 gallon Fluval Chi, and have a maroon and blue beta in it. I really like the water element on this aquarium with the fountain trickling down. Am "thinking on a 55 or 75 gallon. Would love to have one but can't find a good spot for one. Maybe thats the saving grace....lol..... Aquariums can be addicting!

I don't have horses anymore, but I guess I can still answer?

The big things:

Hubby, our dogs, our camp, the great outdoors, our boats (I love water/beach, I think I was a fish in a former life), our motorhome, our golf cart which we ride the trails on and have a blast, my back covered porches looking into the woods.

The little things:

books, toenail polish, flip flops, ankle bracelets, earings, Bud Light, Vodka, Tequilla
default_smile.png
, purses (how I love purses), my dvr, cell phone, bathing suits (although I don't look good so good in them anymore, I buy them by the tons, hoping there will be that one that makes me look hot..lol), flavored coffee creamers, cheese.

Love reading these lists. I 'll add mine.

After family and friends and critters of course....
wub.gif

Our new house... had to tear down the old one after many storms and damage.

Our land that the new house sits on, my family land where I have always lived.

The river it faces.

The sunrises and sunsets over the river.

The herons and pelicans (except when they try to chase the dogs away from their supper bowls)

The sounds of soft waves at night.

Fireflies.

Watching shrimp boats and sail boats go by.

But my most favorite place.... my barn. I call it my "Serenity Place". Where I feel very close to my Higher Power.

Now for the favorite foods.... chocolate anything, Ice Cream, Water melon in the summer, Pecan pie in the Winter.

And I sure agree with air conditioning and heat. Lived without both for a while when I was younger. A "must'' now!

And these forums.
biggrin.gif

I love reading your all's lists!!!

Cheyenne, I switched our aquarium decor to neutral colored gravel, driftwood and live plants awhile ago but need to get some pictures. Almost all the plants are types of anubias b/c those are easy and I don't have a green thumb. The fish seem to love the new natural setting
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
The tanks are so relaxing!

I'd love to see pictures of yours!!!

Back