What's Your "Day Job"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a professional canine stylist with my own home parlour.
default_wub.png
:

You can see some of my work at http://www.PamperedPupsGroomingParlour.com

Most of you already know from my signature and other threads that I am a horse vet. I worked in the horse industry for 5 years after high school and decided I wanted more for myself. I went back to high school for a year and a half, then to my undergrad and vet school. I don't regret it for a moment. I love my job and the practice I work for which allows me to practice a high standard of medicine while enjoying an amazing quality of life. Check out our website at www.mpequine.com.

I work in Fraud Investigations for a major credit card company on a specialized team- and love it, though I DO dream of being retired someday and spending more time with the 'fur people' and doing more with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a valve application engineer - not very glamorous, but keeps me very, very busy. You would be surprised at how many "valves" are used in daily processes such as refineries, food & beverage manufacturing, pulp & paper mills, cosmetics companies, buildings, water treatment plants -- the list goes on and on.

I wish I could quit and stay home and be a horse & dog mom tho!

Stac

My "day job" is still working with animals... at Disneyland's ranch.
default_smile.png
Grooming, cleaning stalls, feeding, bathing... horses, cows, sheep, goats, cockatoos, swans, whatever...

Andrea

Sterling, Corinne OR Andrea... I WANNA BE YOU!!!!!

I work 40 hours a week in an attorney's office, my title is "Legal Assistant" which means I do EVERYTHING - I am the only staff. It could also be considered paralegal but without the college degree... this particular office does estate planning and probates, so not much in the way of stressing about court deadlines, like my old job, which i hated. so this is where i will be until i retire, or at least that's the plan!

i also take my minis out to visit at local retirement facilities, and that would be my DREAM JOB if it would pay enough to feed us and the critters...

I am a legal assistant at an intellectual property (patents mostly) law firm in Seattle. I work for 2 great guys who both work remotely now...one from Texas...the other from Nebraska. I love my job
default_wub.png
:

Tracy

It is so much fun reading this thread! I keep hoping someone in a similar line of work as mine will post. I do know there are other forum members in financial services so that's neat
default_smile.png
Some of the jobs mentioned here sound like they'd be so interesting!

Most of you already know from my signature and other threads that I am a horse vet. I worked in the horse industry for 5 years after high school and decided I wanted more for myself. I went back to high school for a year and a half, then to my undergrad and vet school. I don't regret it for a moment. I love my job and the practice I work for which allows me to practice a high standard of medicine while enjoying an amazing quality of life. Check out our website at www.mpequine.com.
Michelle --

What you've done impresses me so much. I already know it takes a VERY special person to be a vet, and to be a good vet. Our horse and dog vets are some of my favorite people on the planet. You should be so proud of all you've accomplished and the help you give your patients and their owners. It means the world!

Jill

I am a teacher. Currently I am teaching 2nd and 3rd grade at Galt Christian School (going into my second year here. I really love working with the kids and seeing the progress they make in different areas.

I am a teacher as well. I teach preschool and am also owner/director, "circle of Friends Christian Learning Center. I LOVE what I do and don't consider it a job at all. It is wonderful that I get to spend so much time with my own children and work. Never a dull moment! (Just yesterday, we learned about Noha's Ark, in a realistic way since I came to work and water was standing in the whole building from a broken water line!
default_wacko.png
: A very crazy day, juggeling a flood and children, but I had a great group of people come to my rescue, so I was able to get it pulled through and no let down parents! :~)

My husband works at the visitors center for Arkansas, near the Missouri/Arkansas border, and we own a Construction Company since 1999~ P&K Construction.

Michelle --

What you've done impresses me so much. I already know it takes a VERY special person to be a vet, and to be a good vet. Our horse and dog vets are some of my favorite people on the planet. You should be so proud of all you've accomplished and the help you give your patients and their owners. It means the world!

Jill
Thank you so much Jill! My job certainly has its ups and downs but fortunately there are more ups than downs. It means the world to me if I can be there for people during the most stressful and upsetting times and provide some reassurance. I do so many different things in a given day and even when you think you've seen something before every horse is an individual. You can never stop learning.

Caterer/Corp Event Planner or you could say a professional partyer. Actually it sounds much more exciting than it is. Its alot of work. Would much rather spend the day w/horses and dogs

Right now i am enjoying my first summer out of school so i guess i dont really have a day job.

I did work at Cedar Point about 2 years ago for a while, that was my faverite job. Then during high school i worked at random pizza places in town and fruit markets.

Right now i am trying to get a full time job at Pet Co or TSC.
default_smile.png

A local arabian farm, Pegasis Arabians, located in Berlin Heights ..im sure you arab people have heard of them. I am trying to get a job there as a full time groom as well, been talking with them for some time actually.

We will see, i dont want anything until after September, i want to enjoy my first summer out of school
default_smile.png

WOW you guys all have much better jobs than I do right now...Im a pregnant lady working as a part time associate at Motherhood Maternity...How Ironic??? Its not the best place to work either but its something to do thats for sure. I am in the process of becoming an independent contractor for a baby website though. I go through training tomorrow so I am happy about that....Hehe..My job right now just pays for board. If I get the stay at home job I can pay for way more than that
default_smile.png
And just maybe get this Shetland Pony
default_smile.png
Im hoping it will work out that way but only time will tell thats for sure...

I sure miss my old job...I was the barn manager at Sam Hill Farms. Loved every minute of it. Someday I will be back there working for my dear friend
default_smile.png

I am an Air Traffic Controller in Flint, MI. My husband is also a controller in Saginaw, MI. I love my job, have been doing it for 9 yrs. I can't stand the whole organization though...it is going down hill so fast, managment (I am a govt employee) is terrible. They forced a contract on us last year and I will never get another raise at my facility, just cost of living increases, if they happen. I still have 13 yrs until retirement. Things are so bad in the organization I can't even begin to tell you the kind of things they are doing to controllers, it is ridiculous.

I just found out last week that they may try to force a transfer on me. It's like the military if you say no, you will not have a job. They are going to force me to go work at Detroit Metro, which is one of the busiest and most stressful facilities in the country. And they are only going to give me a 4% raise on top of it when the salary on the average is about 20-25% higher than what I am currently making. My facility is a couple overstaffed so that's why they are targeting us...it will be the lowest seniority people, and I am one of them. My husbands facility is very short so they can't take anyone away from his. That will put our two facilites about 200 miles apart...it will be over a two hour drive for me from where we live now and selling will be difficult, the economy is awful in Michigan right now. Even if we move in between our two facilities, it will be an 1 1/2 hr drive daily for each of us...I am very stressed about the whole thing and the sad thing is there is absolutely nothing I can do about it.

Enough of my whinning, I guess I should be thankful I have a descent paying job for now.

Lots of very interesting jobs you all have.

Right now I dont work. Acutally my school grant from the state is PAYING ME NOT to work and go to school. Instead they want it so you go to school full time and get school done to get back out in the work force.

So I go to school full time, kinda stinks in the summer, but its doable and hopefully when I am done in another year and a half, less if I can help it. I will be working as a probation officer.

I am a computing systems analyst working on the corporate web portal for a Fortune 100 company. :D I do love my job. It is very exciting and we are always working on cutting edge ideas.

[SIZE=14pt]i am a licensed massage therapist and own my own business, Nikki[/SIZE]

When I get back to work[ Been off since May after a car accident] Im an engineer at a county jail[ night job] and deliver hay and feeds in the day time.. I also Teach snowboarding and sking in the winter and run a local Gymkhana show in the warm months. I am a dad to 6 boys and grandpa to 3, those are my favorite jobs. I think if I could have it to do over Id have been a teacher. I enjoy that the most, but being extremly dislexic I could never have passed the college reqirements for a teaching credential. o well in a few more years they will pay me more to be retired than to work at the county so I may go back to school. { times and reqirements have changed alot.} DR.

I work as an Ophthalmic Technician/Scribe. Been in this business 20+ years, and totally love my job.

My future job is to win the lottery and do nothing but go to horse shows with my buddies!!!

Latest posts

Back