Whats a good antivirus product?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
Are there any good free ones out there or what do you recommend?

Don't know of any free ones but I've never had a problem w/ Norton and McAfee (sp?). That's on my laptops and also my office / staff computers.

I use the free version of Avast! and am very happy with it. It seems to be very effective. I had Microsoft Security Essentials (I think that was the name of it--also a free one) briefly; it is a good program too but a little less compatible with my dial up internet--it was always trying to update as soon as the computer fired up, and then it would shut itself down because the computer wasn't logged onto the 'net yet--it doesn't take long for my computer to get connected, but the update was just a little too quick. Sometimes it would try again & work, other times I had to do a manual update. My tech said he had other dial up customers with the same issue, so he switched it to Avast for me & that works much better.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and I also got Malwarebytes Antimalware after I got a virus on my computer and it worked.

Microsoft Security Essentials

I used Spyware Doctor for 3-4yrs paid like $30/yr. Then I had a problem...they sent me to Microsoft because it was a Windows problem....spent 3hrs on the phone while Microsoft fixed my problem. They told me their free antivirus was better than Spyware. I used to have problems with Norton in the past. I am very happy with the free Microsoft antivirus doesnt lock up my system or any problms. I've used it over a year now and saved money too. It is antivirus and malware too.

McAfee.... their top of the line software.... is really good.

Also use Window's Defender ....and have a couple of firewalls set up.

Not free but I love AdAware. The Microsoft one works pretty good - for free.

Latest posts

Back