What Type Of Feed?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I feed oat groats, BOSS, a grass vit/min supplement from Dynamite, an apple slice, and a small portion of alfalfa every day. My horses are on native grass pasture most of the time. They come running from the far corners of the pasture at supper time, so I am assuming they like it.
default_eat.gif

With over 30 horses in the barn we have a diverse program. My broodmares eat omolene 300, my performance horses eat strategy and my stallions eat purina mini pony. I feed my TB ultium. We make our own grass hay and feed that to everyone.

My boy was on an extruded "maintenance" feed for a few weeks, and that made him have WAY to much energy than he knew what to do with, so he got cut off of that. I am picking up a supplement made specifically for mini's, so he can have the vitamins that he needs without the extra calories and energy. The supplement is called Pureform Full Support Mini. As for hay, he gets timothy hay tested to be low in sugar and soaked timothy/alfalfa cubes which is what his supplement will be mixed in with. He gobbles his food up every meal, so I assume he likes it
default_smile.png

Whole oats,

salt/mineral block/

free choice loose minerals (Purina 12 12 )

soaked beet pulp on bad weather days

and orchard grass hay.

Latest posts

Back