What should an unregistered minis price range be?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

Reaction score
I am looking for another mini to companion with my gelding who is also a mini, and i came across an unregistered black mini, and they are asking 2000$ for him, is this not an outrageous amount seeing as he is not registered?

Mine is also unregistered and i got him for 200$, best mini in the world and very well behaved, i thought i got a steal on him .

Did you say $2,000.00? There are so many wonderful minis in rescue, I'd start there and yes, if you said $2,000.00 that's way too much money in my opinion.

I agree my jaw hit the ground when i read that, I can't find registered mini gor cheaper than that, how do you go about finding a miniature rescue in your area? I am in ontario canada, and can't seem to find any in my area?

Boy, do I sure wish you lived near me, I'd give you one for free. $2000 is rediculous for an unregistered horse. I bought one back when for my grandaughter, really cute, but no were near show quality for $300, she showed her 4-H and won every class and year end award possable with this cute little love bug. Seems to me from the auction sites I've been visiting that prices are high in your area, but that is way too high.

maybe it was a typo? I can't imagine someone seriously advertising that amount..even a registered one would have to be pretty special to put that amount on.

Now days, when Registered ones are being given away free, I'd think long and hard before I'd pay $200, let alone $2000, for an unregistered horse. The only reason I won't "give" mine away is that I'm concerned the next person won't value a "free" horse enough to take GOOD care of it. Just imagine if you run short on money at some time which would you worry more about what your "free" horse was eating/ hoofcare etc. or the one that cost you $1000 or more $$?

Not saying everyone would be that way but it worries me.

There are lots listed on Kijiji.ca for a lot less, even free in your area. You might want to start there for your search. You could go to the OLEX also, they have minis that go through there all the time for $50.

Good grief, I can't even sell my double registered, broke to drive and jump, parade gelding for HALF of that!

Someone's got their head up their
default_whistling.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 5 loveable minis that were given to me. I could have many times that # if I accepted all that were offered or all that I've seen on Craigslist and such, but I have plenty to care for.

I'm in Iowa, which is quite a ways from you, but that price in todays market is insane!

P.S. To some of the other posters, if you are considering giving a mini to someone for free - just do some reference checking, visit their place if you can. I bet if you do that and feel satisfied, that horse will be just as well taken care of as any you've ever sold. My first mini was given to me about 8 years ago. She's still with us, and the people that gave her to me are welcome to come and see her anytime. Bet you can't say that for many of the horses you've sold.

$2000.00 may be a fair price for an unregistered mini with extensive training. A safe, sane and good moving CDE horse for instance. But if you are looking just for a pet there are many options for less.

I agree for an unregistered horse that is insane, I am with some of the others and have a pet colt I would gladly give to a good home, a registered horse that would be fair for if it were good quality.

I agree a fair price for a registered horse of good quality . But unfortunately unregistered horses are a dime a dozen as they say

Do check out the rescue link above. I'd think 2,000 for an unregistered horse is a bit insane hope it's a typo. Unless of course he

has learned to clean the other horses stalls, the he would be well worth the $ lol

Sorry, I don't know my provinces very well (so don't know which are close to which), but do know there is a Canadian mini horse rescue in B.C.

I would say free, to under $200, unless the horse was stunning and worth hardship.

I wouldnt pay over 300 for a unregistered mini, I would love to know where they get 2K from.

I think $2,000 is crazy... even for a registered mini (or pony, or horse) right now. I just watched a super kid safe & extremely polite (I was getting annoyed with the kid myself) registered mini (grullo pinto) mare go for $150 at an auction. She was broke to ride & drive. I would of loved to bring her home, but she went to a family & not a dealer.

Latest posts

Back