What is your favorite horse color?

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I was too lazy to take pictures / pose for pictures with him at the show
default_sad.png
It was the first show my husband and I did all by ourselves and had two other boys there. It was blazing hot. At the show, I just was too tired and felt like the pictures didn't matter much. I wish I could go back and have gotten show pictures of all of them that day! Every time I look at the pics of Bacardi in our yard the next day, I see that red clay dirt in his tail, etc.
:bgrin Oh sorry Jill, I thought when you posted the second time, that you meant you had added another pic, and that it just wasn't showing up for me!

Most of the photos I have of our horses are casual pics (have to learn how to get those nice posed shots) but I do seem to have a great knack for taking a great photo of a horse, when they have just rolled in dirt, or there is something ugly in the background.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I like a plain old bay. A nice average red bay with a black mane and tail. They can have any amount of white, from none at all to flashy paint markings to appy spots, but if they are bay they make my heart go pitter patter.

Growing up, palominos were my favorites! They still are.

A golden tan buckskin with dark black points mares me drool!

But what I REALLY love is black pintos!

Here is my black Overo with blue eyes. Lotto!
default_wub.png
:

website1002023.jpg

website1002022.jpg

Reo,

Very nice pinto stud.
default_wub.png
:

Do you have any foals by him to post?

thanks melissa

Hello! Well my favorites are a loud palomino or golden buckskin leopard appy :) OR ok, not many people care for them, ROAN's, I love a nice roan, esp. Red. :bgrin

White, Blood Bay, Gray (not silver dapple, just gray) and Palomino. I'm not a big pinto fan (only have one precious pinto), i like the solids.

Black always seemed just so plain to me but now i am REALLY starting to like the color, specially on stallions.

Palomino and bucksin must be golden golden for me.

Anything solid (especially white!) but i do think minimal pintos (blck/whte or gray/white or bay/whte) are very pretty. Im not to crazy about blazes but i do like bald faces on some horses.

Im a tad bit picky i think
default_wink.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bay all the way...in all of its permutations: bay pinto, silver bay, yadda, yadda, yadda.

But especially a rich, blood bay. Just like a Siamese cat, the dark points define their features so beautifully

(and, yes, I loved bays 30 years before I met Mingus!)

Palominos. I now own 2 and coown one with my mom. :aktion033:

Lotto's first foals will be arriving in March! I can't wait!!!

Two, maybe 3 of them are already spoken for.
default_smile.png

Hmmm, Either a true jet black (where they look almost blue) or black and white. A pitch black appy with blanket and spots or snowcap or deep black and white pinto color. Not just regular markings though. The splashier, louder, more bizarre the better. That way it is something that turns heads and gets noticed because the markings are so different. I really want a black or black and white something crazy!!

CREMELLO!!!!!!!! they are sooooooo pretty, i just love them. CREMELLOs ROCK!!! i have a really light palomino colt, who (aside from the eyes and his father being a chestnut) looks pretty much cremello (to me), so he's special.

charmgraze2.jpg

and i think anything that looks dark-dark-dark with a white-white-white mane and tail is just sooooooo pretty!!! like a dark liver chestnut with pure white mane and tail (not blondy/flaxen but pure white). it would probably be some sort of silver bay, or dark silver black. i saw one pic in a horse breed book once that resembled this color, ohhhh it made me drool.

i have a black pinto mare whose white markings make her appear to black with white mane/tail, so she's special too.

SugarSleepover009.jpg

My favorite color is a solid bay, any bay is alright with me but a nice blood bay with black points is great!
default_wub.png
:

Here's my mare Rose in a clipped coat at a show this past summer.
RoseatWinona.jpg

Yup Karla, love bays like your Jazz!!! :aktion033: I forgot to say Rose above has a dorsal stripe. :bgrin

Imagine the bay baby they could produce.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back