What is your favorite horse color?

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't just choose one, but I absolutely love bay or black pintos (or any pinto for that matter) and I also love pure black (with maybe a star or blaze) or a bay.

My yearling bay pinto colt Kowboy:

Horsesanddoggies013.jpg

Horsesanddoggies030.jpg

CherryandKowboy039.jpg

My chesnut pinto mare Princess:

PrincessTinkerbell030.jpg

Ridleysminis006.jpg

My black colt Smokie (sadly died last Christmas):

smokie.jpg

My 5 year old egyptian arabian mare Stormy:

CD2086.jpg

I'm attracted to a solid black or black w/ white markings in a mare, and black or dark bay loud leopard and blanket appys, especially in the boys! I also like face markings, a blaze or star with strip. I prefer the darker colors over lighter shades (a darker bay, a golden buckskin, etc). I don't care for chesnuts or palomino, or silver dilutes as much. But you can look on my website and find one of almost each of those anyway, LOL! It's more about the look of the whole horse for me, and the persona they have.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Here are some fav's from my herd:

(I realize the photos I have of my black mares, they are sun-faded so not good examples of their color.)

Crayonbox Wild River Canyon-my first Mini, love her face

Canyon.face.4-24-04.JPG

Chips & his son Crayonbox Cash In Your Chips

Chips.rt.8-6-03.jpg

Cash.2.5-24-06.jpg

Spring- just love her face too and the rich bay color.
default_smile.png

Sprg.hd.gl.wb.7-04.jpg

Lotto's first foals will be arriving in March! I can't wait!!!

Two, maybe 3 of them are already spoken for.
default_smile.png
If someone is interest in maybe buying one of his Lotto's foals IN 2007 OR IN the future what would they need to do?I would love to see his foals.
default_wub.png
:

thanks MELISSA

It is too hard to pick just one!
default_sad.png

I can, however, narrow it down to two - a minimally marked blood bay pinto OR a flea bitten gray!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

I love Hershee's rich brown color against his white. Especially when I clip him for some reason his white tends to stay really really white and that's a good thing. I think he is registered a Bay Tobiano. One day I would love to own either a silver dapple...but the rich steel gray with the loud white lacing/spots or a black and white frame overo.

Pinto of course!! :bgrin My favorite is Bay Pinto's! I wish I had a good picture of a mare I have....her coloring and pattern is soooo pretty! So I'll put her daughter instead. Here's Lily.

Lilylizshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=18pt]I have 3, a loud appy, a black and white paint, and a palimino.[/SIZE]

Christy

[SIZE=18pt]Kim- I love Chips and his son. They are gorgeous. I have one appy and he's not loud at all he's roaning out slowly. [/SIZE]

The 3 other ones I have are my haflinger who is a sorrel, and Bell who is a silver blsck and so is Honey.

I really believe, "A good horse has no color".

:bgrin

Have all kinds of wonderful colors here....but I did not pick them because of the color.
default_wink.png
:

In my opinion there is nothing prettier than a buckskin. Someday I may figure out why I don't have a mini one. We have a Quarter Horse gelding that is a buckskin. I would love to have his twin, only about 34" tall.

For me, it's a solid black horse with face markings of some kind !!! To me, you can't beat them.

Joyce L

I'm not sure I have just one favourite colour :bgrin

There are so many in the miniatures, but I do tend to prefer solids over pintos, except when it comes to horses like REO's Lotto - I love the more loudly marked ones.

Of the solid colours, I like the dilutes most, but a good solid 'plain' colour (bay, etc) is nice too.

I have loads of favorites but one of my very favorites is golden buckskin like my Touchdown here. :)

I also love appys and pintos in all colors, and champagnes!! :)

Susan O.

touchdownbright.jpg

My favorite is golden palominos, here's my gelding, Todwils High Roller

myrtlebeach008.jpg

But then..I love buckskins..here's my buckskin dun stallion

q001.jpg

Black & White Pinto's for me!
default_wub.png
: But I also like the Golden Buckskins (which someday I'm going to buy one! LOL) and Red Dun's.

It seems I am in a definite minority here, because my favorite color is silver--silver black or silver bay--with flaxen chestnut being very close, almost a tie. No white markings, preferably. For the silver blacks, I like them the darker the better, like this shade:

IceMan05.jpg

Silver bays, I like them in all shades--I love this mare's color:

Scarlet04_1_4x6.jpg

And we've got an '06 silver bay filly that we're very anxious to see shed out this next spring--we're very curious to see just what color she is going to be. Right now she's got nearly black legs with a golden brown body and a dark brown face--she's going to be quite different than any of our other silver bays. They are all colored more like this mare:

TimieSept.JPG

We don't have too many flaxen chestnut Minis....two I guess!...but this was my favorite color in the Morgans:

Sierra1sm.JPG

Now, what's on my show string for '07? Blacks, lots of blacks. Maybe 4 of them, and possibly one silver bay and/or a palomino.

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033:

default_unsure.png
: I can't decide....I like SILVER & GOLD in the same amount...
default_wacko.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Our 2 boys who fit 100% in my preferences colorwise....

The palomino boy is Arions Destiny Gold Charm and the silver guy is Britt Helm Simply Arrogant.

Latest posts

Back