What is your favorite horse color?

• Thread starter Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis
  • Start date
Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis

Ok I know I know conformation first but lets be honest there are enough nice horses out there that we can be picky enough to wait for our favorite colors.

My all time fav color is one I don't have yet a flea bitten gray but next to that I would say is palomino pinto I like pintos but prefer the minimal marked ones

I am lucky enough to have one who couldnt be better a deep gold, 4 even high whites and a nice boy to boot! (IMO anyway
default_smile.png
)

Post pics of your favorite color and yes try and choose just one

pacoshow.jpg

Last edited:
Well yes, conformation aside...

I love all sorts of colours, but my absolute favourite, large horse or mini, is a deep golden palomino with the spotless white mane tail and markings
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

OK, I'll play. We raise Pintos, so obviously my favorite color would be a pinto. I think the filly in my avatar is my favorite color, a minimal black and white pinto with 4 white socks, a white tail, and mixed mane. In the summer, her black gets dappled and she is really flashy. The judges even seem to agree - she has won color classes in both AMHA and Pinto. Of course if this filly was purple, then purple would probably be my favorite color!

princess_july_06.jpg

Dark Mahogany Bay.

With or without a touch of white on the face and feet.

Oooooh, I love colors! For me, like most of us, conformation is very much first, but I do appreciate nicely colored horses. I think my favorite color changes with the wind.

TODAY, my favorite color is golden palomino like on my boy, Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold:

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Bacardi%20--%20053%20--%20Smaller%20for%20Geldings%20Page.jpg

Really, I love cream dilutes and silvers and that's what most of my breeding horses are. Additionally, I love any color better with a dorsal stripe
default_yes.gif
:

I would say I love them all. I however do really really want a black with white socks.

However I have several colors........sorrel pinto, bay pinto, black pinto, black, appy, and I think that is it for now. I did have buckskin and palomino pintos but recently sold them.

TODAY, my favorite color is golden palomino like on my boy, Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold:

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Bacardi%20--%20053%20--%20Smaller%20for%20Geldings%20Page.jpg
Yes JUST like that Jill!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

That is exactly the shade of palomino I am talking about
default_yes.gif
:

Now if you added white socks and a blaze, that is my dream colour!

Last edited by a moderator:
i love all sorts of colors, how can you pick just one? loud appys, paints/pintos of all colors (with more color than white, i don't care for the ones with lots of white), my daughter's grulla gelding is awesome looking, never had but always wanted a dark palomino and/or a buckskin... geez i could go on and on! years ago i had a dun snowflake appaloosa, always got lots of comments on THAT one...

i would have to say that my favorite of my own horses, looks-wise, is my solid black pony mare with a star and two blue eyes... my husband keeps trying to get me to sell her because she is too small for us to ride and to big to feed like the minis... but SOMEDAY i will find someone i can AFFORD to teach her to drive, and she is just my blue-eyed pocket pony girl, can't imagine selling her! (but let's be honest, i can't imagine selling ANY of the 21 horses, donkeys and mules on our property that belong to us, and in fact of the 4 that belong to my mom and my kids specifically, i would keep 2 of them in a heartbeat too!)

but i think the prettiest horse i have ever seen is a blind gelding my friend rescued, i did not save the pictures so can't post, wish i had thought to save them so you could see, he was a buckskin appaloosa... just stunning!!! :new_shocked: (that is once she got him cleaned up and fed up, he was a MESS when she got him!)

Bay I love a bays, good thing seems like we keep turning them out :bgrin

A gorgeous shiney well built black OR a deep golden palomino.

[Yes JUST like that Jill!!
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
:

Beccy, you should have seen Bacardi at the show I took him to the day before [SIZE=8pt](1st place color, 1st place jr. gelding, grand champion gelding, supreme halter horse...)[/SIZE].

THIS picture was taken the next day in our yard after he'd had 18 or so hours to run around, roll and play in his red-clay dry lot. His mane and tail were much more beautiful and white at the show and his body was a lot shiny-er.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a sucker for a blood bay or any bay. Love the dark points! I always thought they were rare to have, but I now have a bay appy and I think a silver bay pinto, both stallions, maybe I can make my own now!
default_smile.png

I usually love those with a lot of color the most,

but, my favorite color is black, BLACK. To me, it is just so majestic,,,,,,especially on a stallion.
default_wub.png
:

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
:

Beccy, you should have seen Bacardi at the show I took him to the day before [SIZE=8pt](1st place color, 1st place jr. gelding, grand champion gelding, supreme halter horse...)[/SIZE].

THIS picture was taken the next day in our yard after he'd had 18 or so hours to run around, roll and play in his red-clay dry lot. His mane and tail were much more beautiful and white at the show and his body was a lot shiny-er.
No pic showing up for me Jill, but he is such a looker, how could he not do well in the ring?!!

I love cream dilutes; my all time favorite being palomino. I'm also rather fond of pintos, especially black & whites.

I have a palomino mini, a silver bay mini (pretends she's palomino) and a palomino half-Arab gelding (my first horse).

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

default_yes.gif
:

No pic showing up for me Jill, but he is such a looker, how could he not do well in the ring?!!
Oh, I was too lazy to take pictures / pose for pictures with him at the show
default_sad.png
It was the first show my husband and I did all by ourselves and had two other boys there. It was blazing hot. At the show, I just was too tired and felt like the pictures didn't matter much. I wish I could go back and have gotten show pictures of all of them that day! Every time I look at the pics of Bacardi in our yard the next day, I see that red clay dirt in his tail, etc.

OOH - I like a lot of them BUT my all time favorite (and hard to get) is a true Blue Roan. Black head, black points & black mane & tail.

We do have a true Blue Roan stallion but when we breed him, tend to end up with a Bay Roan which is very lovely as well.

We have one of those black ponies too, painted promise!

3675204_1024.ts1156345682837.jpg

I love a lot of different colors and as a kid I was in love with black - I think my obsession with the Black Stallion books and Black Beauty probably had something to do with that. Then I saw a silver dapple and fell in love and palominos have always had a special place in my heart, but if I HAD to pick one, I am such a sucker for spots I would say a black and white tobiano. They are just so striking to me.

I like a lot of different colors, but when it comes down to it, my eye is almost always drawn to a gray with eyeliner, and lots of high stepping action! I really love the dark colors that are going gray also, and look almost steel colored
default_wub.png
:

I love all colors, but my favorite is palomino.
default_wub.png
: Pinto caught my eyes because their are no two just alot, same with appaloosa.
default_wub.png
: We don't own a palomino mini at this time, just a big horse palomino.We hope to own a palomino mini in the future. We hope our sorrel and white pinto mare who is breed to a palomino and white will throw us a palomino or palomino and white pinto.

MELISSA :saludando:

Latest posts

Back