What is your favorite color of horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your colors of preference?

• Total voters

Little Hooves

Reaction score
Alright, here is a fun little survey and I'm interested to see what everyone says
default_smile.png
I know my personal favorite: Buckskin with Tobiano.

What's yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my all time favorites is Liver chestnut. I didnt vote sorrel. It is red but not necessarily as red as liver and Im feeling fussy.
default_biggrin.png

I like Pintos.

I do not have any "overos" but I do have Splashed White, Sabinos and Tobianos
default_rolleyes.gif

Watcheye, with so many colors out there, I kept the selection basic, but tried to account for as many as I could. Sorry if I left off your color of choice.
default_smile.png

Palomino are my fav in a solid color with just socks and star or strip

My fav Paint in black and white.

I love them all no matter what color personality means so much more then color.

I agree with the old saying, "I've never met a good horse who was a bad color." lol That said, I have always loved bays above all.

Blue roans and rich buckskins, neither with any white, would be my favorite color. That being said, I have three chestnuts, a smokey black, a true black (clydesdale), and two white donkeys. So much for my favorite colors!

Ahhhh, a nicely conformed horse dressed as a bay overo ALWAYS makes my heart go pitter patter
default_smile.png

It has to have some good conformation too - BUTT ugly will not fly with me but after that I LOVE Black and white (like frame but wouldn't turn down toby or overo)
default_thumbup.gif
As long as we're "ordering up" can I get some troting action with that?

Love the "chocolate" silver bays !!(not on list) Also cremelo/perlino,buckskin and those wild pinto markings

I didnt vote because I really can't choose , I love them all so please can I have one of each !!!

I find it easier to say what I don't like, LOL! I'm not fond of silver, grey or maximum white/pinto's with lots of white, but that said I've seen horses in those colors I wouldn't mind owning, so it's not usually a huge issue.
default_wink.png

I find I like a certain horse not so much the color, but I've been attracted to buckskins lately, probably because I've never had one...hoping I have one or two "cooking" in my 2011 foals!
default_smile.png

Hmm, so hard to choose. I've always loved bays. A really bright red bay. I love white markings, all the pinto patterns, appaloosas, and I love roan. I really like white face markings. My "dream" horse colors would be: loud bay sabino( had some when I had big horses, would love a mini size one). silver bay roan(have one). black near leopard appaloosa(dont have one, maybe one is cooking for 2011, I can hope!). black splash with lots of white( hope to get one some day). Any color with frame(have a loud siver dun frame mare, and a frame/splash stallion).

buckskins

bays

duns

grullas

anything roaned

appys (lepoard or blanked only in colors above)

NO PINTOS OR WHITE MARKINGS

personally I own 8 minis

1 golden buckskin

1 golden buckskin roan

1 smutty buckskin roan

2 bays

1 bay roan

1 black bay

1 silver dapple

Watcheye, with so many colors out there, I kept the selection basic, but tried to account for as many as I could. Sorry if I left off your color of choice.
default_smile.png
Its funny because over all chestnut usually bores me but my favorite color is a variation of chestnut.
default_yes.gif

Its funny because over all chestnut usually bores me but my favorite color is a variation of chestnut.
default_yes.gif
I love brown and white Pintos! Or Paints, which ever the brown and white horses are called!!
default_biggrin.png
I didn't see Pinto or Paint in the poll and don't really know a technical name for it! So I didn't vote, lol, just wanted to put my favorite in though!
default_biggrin.png

Although, O So is my favorite horse!
default_wub.png
default_biggrin.png

My all-time favorite color is bay with LOTS of chrome (4 high whites and a blaze)...but I also love silver bays, blacks, and darker reds. That said...I have seen horses I would LOVE to own even in the colors I least like...
default_wink.png

For me it is a toss up between chestnut and silver bay....I didn't vote because neither of those specific colors is offered in the poll. (I don't do "sorrel" only chestnut!)
default_laugh.png

I voted for overo Buckskins
default_smile.png

I love a nice black n white pinto & grullas too though!!! :p

I have a chestnut splash, bay sabino (but you can't see his color really)

and a cremello , a bay n white

and a black n white soon
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back