what is this

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterridgefarm

Reaction score
Just seen this ad on the sales board

what is a micro mini?? I have never heard of this before

can someone please tell me what kind of mini this is

In Ireland and the UK its a miniature horse that measures 30ins or under at the withers

That, or a euphemism for a dwarf (hope not)
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
A sales pitch to get unknowing people to pay more for a miniature horse.

It's what I USED to wear --- 30 years ago!!
default_biggrin.png

I would be afraid to breed them that small.

Since they are micro, does that mean we can only see them under a microscope?

If you have to look at them under a microscope, Just think about how many you could have in a very small space.
default_wink.png

I've always thought it was a cute way of discribing smaller minis. I never though of them being dwarfs and YES it dose get my attention to take a peek cause I like the smaller minis.

And Im not a unknowing person to the breed...

Ive never called them that But dont see the harm in it either. Also almost everyone here on the site is'nt a sucker so for the persons who use the term is'nt trying to fool anyone here. Just another way of calling their stock cute and small.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought it was a cute way of discribing smaller minis. I never though of them being dwarfs and YES it dose get my attention to take a peek cause I like the smaller minis.

And Im not a unknowing person to the breed...

Ive never called them that But dont see the harm in it either. Also almost everyone here on the site is'nt a sucker so for the persons who use the term is'nt trying to fool anyone here. Just another way of calling their stock cute and small.

I'm gonna have to disagree on this. It's not about "suckers" on here. It's ma and pa buyin' a keeeooottt little "micro" mini for their 10 year old daughter that wants a little pony to love. It makes them sound like toys. I also, for the record, hate the term "model" (refering to the year they were born) and "chrome" (white on the legs etc.). I come from the jumper world, where horses are, easily, treated like automobiles. It drives my crazy!

you are all to funny..

but I was thinking that it was a dwarf.

thanks for all the replys

Personally, I find it a bit disturbing that there are so many on here that are so anxious to make fun of and condemn a person's choice of descriptions in an ad.

While is is not my choice of terminology to use, each has a right to use their own descriptions. Many of your reactions are the same as "Big Horse" people have toward the term "Miniature Horse".

For all I know, this could be one of our own Forum members you are belittleing on here.

I've seen the term used so often--it's not just one or two people that use it. It bothers me less than the "teeny tiny little horse" or whatever variation of that wording people use--I see that frequently in ads too and somehow it just rubs me the wrong way. It sounds so unprofessional and even childish. Micro mini? Well, that tells me it's a very small Mini--not terminology that I would use and not something that interests me at all, but I don't see anything wrong with it either.

I have to agree with Songcatcher's post above. I'm extremely surprised at how many on here are belittling whomever it is that posted this particular ad.

Personally, I find it a bit disturbing that there are so many on here that are so anxious to make fun of and condemn a person's choice of descriptions in an ad.

While is is not my choice of terminology to use, each has a right to use their own descriptions. Many of your reactions are the same as "Big Horse" people have toward the term "Miniature Horse".

For all I know, this could be one of our own Forum members you are belittleing on here.

I couldnt agree more.......what is wrong with everyone...have you never heard of the saying " live and let live "!!!!!!

Micro is a prefix of Greek origin that is most commonly known for its usage in the word microscopic, the prefix refers to an object as being smaller than scale of focus, in contrast with macro. Some examples of the prefix "micro" are microwave, microphone, microchip and micro-organism.

So the question truly is what is the scale of focus for miniature horses? Then you will know what a micro mini truly is, smaller than the scale of focus. For people that breed for 36" minis then 32" is smaller than the scale of focus. If you are breeding for 30" miniatures then how small does it have to be to be micro? If you have a larger than focus mini, should you advertise it as a Macro Mini?

I still think it is a term used to draw people in and you know what, it sure worked.

A gimmick, and it also probably means it's too little to be interesting to me. I want them "big" enough to do things other than just look at
default_biggrin.png

Jill

what you said is so true..

OKAY everyone I just asked a question did not mean for you to make fun at someone. We are adults on here. I think that some of you need to act your age and not your shoe size!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flame away
default_torch.gif

Latest posts

Back