What I have learned

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
It seems like yesterday that I posted on LB that my wonderful husband, Audie, had passed away. He held on for 4 months until I knew I could go on without him and I was blessed to be with him as he left. It was the most heartbreaking day of my life. But I came here and posted my heartbreak and had some many people share in my loss. I wasn't able to read them at that time, but I did print everyone of them. I still have those and I still go back and read them again and again.

What I have learned in the last five years is, I am stronger than I thought I was. Audie was a true blessing in my life and instead of crying over my loss, I think about what great days I had with him. As he would say, we had more in 4 years than most get in 20. I was blessed. He taught me to love life and to live every day like it was the last, I do try to follow that. I have also learned that I can take care of things in my life, they don't all have to be bad but I can handle the bad with the good. I am the person he helped me learn to be and for that I will always be grateful.

Two wonderful ladies sent me poems that day, I have them on my website on Audie's Page and I read them often. Bess and Davie, I still thank you in my heart everyday for you two gave me, those words meant alot to me and still do. Bonnie, you know why I hold you in my heart and thank you every day. Yes my ears still ring, but I am doing ok. You might not remember telling me that, but I will never forget.

So five years later, I am still around, still going strong and still miss him everyday. But I am still here and love my life, I just wish the one missing piece was still here, and he is in my heart. Thanks to all of my friends who have been there for me, I couldn't have done it without them.

Thank you for all of your kind words five years ago, they still comfort me today.

And to bless this time in my life, we also had our first foal of the year yesterday. A huge thank you to Pam Walsh at Rocking Horse Acres for foaling out our new bay colt, AKS Rendezvous To Remember, sired by Fallen Ash Scouts Red To Remember (World Grand Champion sire) and out of a mare Pam now owns, Wee Equine Acres Moonlight Shadow. This is hopefully one of our show horses for next year which because of Audie, we are able to continue to do. My life is not where I would love it to be, but I am content and thats pretty good.

Here is our new boy at 6 hours old.

devon003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a truly beautiful, touching post.
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png
It brought tears to my eyes.....

Congrats on your new boy....

That was truly touching and a huge hug for you for being such an amazingly strong person. It takes a lot of courage on your part to go on with a positive attitude and keep doing the things that you love.

Beautiful baby!! Congrats!!

Desi (Ravenwood Desires to Remember) sends hugs and well wishes to you and her new brother. I hear he resembles her a lot. Can't wait to meet him. I don't think it was a coincidence he was born yesterday.

Karen..

I am sorry for what you lost.
default_sad.png
Life is precious....

So easy to lose sight of things. You are so lucky

to have such a wonderful state of "being"
default_smile.png

Congrats on you baby! and a BAY Love it!!!!

~Sandy

[SIZE=12pt]It sounds like your husband was an incredibly wonderful man and even though he has since passed on I'm sure that he's still with you in spirit.....[/SIZE]

and congratulations on your beautiful colt....

Last edited by a moderator:
You lost him too soon. I am sorry for that loss. He sounds like a wonderful man.

Your colt is precious! A joy to look at!

Karen, thank you for sharing your 'Life's Lessons' with us. You are a strong person and your example gives us all hope when times are tough.

Congratulations on a beautiful new colt!

Charlotte

Thank you for sharing such a touching post with us. It was beautiful and really puts the everyday in perspective. Congratulations on your lovely new colt

I remember that whole time so clearly, but it blows my mind that five years have passed by since then. Audie was an amazing person and I am so blessed to have gotten the chance to know both of you. I will never forget that show weekend with him prancing around with your handbag--what a character! My heart goes out to you.

Thank you for sharing that touching post. It really makes you appreciate what you have and a good reminder that things can change in an instant.

Congratulations on your colt!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah He's a very handsome fellow.
default_smile.png

Just wanted to thank you for such a beautiful uplifting post, and to offer you many congratulations on your fabulous little colt
default_saludando.gif

Anna

What a truly wonderfull post and it made me realise life is precious and we should be thankfull for what we have got. Your colt is beautifull and I hope you have lot's of fun with him.

I'll always remember the brief time I met you and Audie. It was only a brief meeting, but you were a blessing to me and my family.

I find comfort in the faith that God gives us what we need, when we need it. Sometimes it is brief. Sometimes it is a lifetime. Your time together seems too short in our mortal plan, but it seems God is strengthing you. May he continue to bless you.

Latest posts

Back