What Famous People have you met?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minisch

Reaction score
Not just seen from a distance, but actually had a conversation with.

I met all of the members of, ugh i cannot remember the name, but the boy band from the FIRST Making The Band that was on several years ago, i met them in Daytona in 2000 at a signing....i cannot remember their name now! If anyone remembers it, please post as this will drive me up the wall...

Met Kid Rock about two years ago, we go to his concert every may in Toledo, got a hug and got to chat with him just a few minutes..that is the most memorable.

Then, i think it was last year or year before last, we met Dwite Yokam (spelling??) and his sister at a hotel in Prestonsburg Ky (where he, and my dad are from).

Last edited by a moderator:
My family owned a restaurant on Cape Cod right out side a place called the Melody Tent...they had shows,plays, comedians all summer. It was a small theater but in a tent. Anyway I got to wait on lots of "stars" some were really talkative and very personable and some just wanted their Bacardi and coke yesterday!! The ones I remember and really liked were Phyllis Diller, Susan Lucci, Reba, Steven Wright...I dont know his name but he used to or maybe still does play Adam Chandler on a soap ( he was really a nice guy ) Kenny Rogers and Woopie Goldberg ( she sent back her rolls because they were not hot enough ).

Silly, but I met Leif Garrett....back in the mid 70's when he was a teen beat "heart trobe". I got his autograph and personal photo with him.

I met Naomi Judd at a seminar. What a beautiful woman!! This was shortly after she quit touring. She's so tiny and soft spoken.

Talked with Bill Engvahl after one of his shows. Very genuine guy.

My daughter and I had lunch with Monty Roberts and his son in Columbus. That was incredible! Talk about a nice couple of guys.

This is a fun thread!

This is a neat thread!
default_thumbup.gif

I have met:

Arnold Schwarztenegger (when I was 7, he picked me up and put me on his shoulders. I don't remember much, other than a man in a tank top with big muscles held me, LOL). My mom did an article on him for a paper she worked at. to this day, i still love all his movies, etc.

Paul Newman:

He was behind me in our local convenience store.....I recognized his voice and turned around and it was him.....I told him to go in front of me, and he thanked me and shook my hand.

Tom cruise:

he was at the racetrack, and I fought the crowd to get to him for about half an hour. I got a handshake and an autograph though!

David cassidy......saw him at Disneyworld, and accosted him, LOL. Got a hug and a big fat kiss on the cheek. Ok, It was 1990, and I was 17 but i thrilled me just the same. LOL.

senator John McCain and his wife, and also Sarah Palin. Several times, very nice regular people.....

I also had brunch with Tip O' Neill and Maria Shriver..... I told you my Mom was a photographer.......we got to meet a lot of political people. I always thought it was boring when I was younger, now I wish I paid attention,
default_rolleyes.gif

Larry and I graduated from a Theater Arts College in Boston........We know a lot of "behind the scenes" folks for movies and weekly serials. Most folks don't pay attention to that.

Two people that we both knew socially or were acquaintances with in college were Denis Leary and Stephen Wright. (Could tell you some silly tidbits about them. LOL.)

While Larry was transporting horses, he met George Strait and also had dinner with Garth Brooks.....both in Texas.

After reading some of the star power you guys have met mine seems pretty minor; but I met Bob Ross (the artist) and talked with him for a while.

Mr and Mrs William Shatner... I bred their horses and worked with them at various jobs for a few years... never was formally introduced, but have conversed with him several times at shows and at the barn.
default_smile.png

Let's see here...at the first Equitana USA I met Linda Tellington-Jones and John Lyons. I'll admit I met a lot more equine stars there than human though!
default_laugh.png
I've got photos somewhere of me with country stars Billy Dean ("I Miss Billy the Kid") and Chris Cagle at different concerts and meet-and-greets. I've had a sit-down lunch with Linda Kohanov (author of the Tao of Equus and Riding Between the Worlds) and quite a few visits with equine artist Kim McElroy at her farm/gallery. I've gotten to interview several holocaust survivors about their books and talked briefly with Mercedes Lackey and her partner/illustrator Larry Dixon. Okay, I admit it, I haven't met any of the really big names like Garth Brooks! I wish. My ex did sit next to Ben Affleck on a flight home from his base in Atlanta last year. My ex's, not Ben Affleck's.

Oh! I forgot! I did get two seconds in front of Clint Black in a signing line a couple of years ago.
default_rolleyes.gif
Or was it George Strait?
default_wacko.png

Leia

I live in Los Angeles. This is going to be a looooooooooooong list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I probably won't even remember them all.
default_rolleyes.gif

Sat next to Drew Carrey at a Bob's Big Boy once. We didn't talk much as it was all he could do to eat his darn hamburger while warding off swarms of people who slowly began to recognize him.

Shia Lebeouf lives literally about 2 blocks from my house. Pretty cool.

I know personaly the main stars of Hannah Montana:

Last summer I met Billy Ray and Miley Cyrus. Kinda funny actually.... I met them at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, they had rented horses and were riding the trails. Miley mostly avoided the crazed children and left. Billy Ray stayed for a while and talked to us, he was really nice!!!

A couple of years during grade school Emily Osment was in my classes. At that time she had only been in Spy Kids, I left that school right as she was auditioning for Hannah Montana. Hahaha, I remember we were gym partners once for a mile run. Speaking of Spy Kids, my aunt designed one of the costumes for the sequal. And since I went to that school, yessss her older brother Haley Joel had gone there and I saw him once at a school thing. Her mom was actually one of the 6th grade teachers there.

A few months ago I was at the mall and ran into Mitchel Musso (also on Hannah Montana). Our mall is pretty darn boring so I'm not quite sure why he was there.... but he was -literally- being chased up the escalator by teen girls who were calling his name.
default_rolleyes.gif
We had a brief conversation about why people who live here still chase celebrities, until the teen girls came upstairs... He finally lost them somewhere in Macy's.

I also know a lot of the cast of High School Musical. Corbin Bleu's sister goes to my old school, he used to too. She was in 4 of my classes sixth through ninth grade. "Bleu" actually isn't his real last name. It's his middle name. He has a bunch of siblings, they've all got some color for a middle name. The sister that I knew was "Hunter Grey." It's kinda funny how everyone knew her in junior high but in high school for example.... I'd walk up behind two boys having a conversation... "Hey, I heard in health class Corbin Bleu's sister goes here!" "No way!! I don't believe you." At which point I bopped one of em on the back o the head "Dudes, she's right there by the vending machines."
default_wink.png

Corbin's actually really a pretty nice guy. I remember once he sat next to me at a talent show, in which his sister tripped and tumbled down some bleachers. Good times.

I also went to school with Jenna Boyd who was in a lot of movies and her brother Cayden too. They were really fun people to be around, one of them was usually always filming something. We'd come to school and be like "Hey, I saw you on tv this morning!"

Now on to some bigger names......I used to live in the same apartment as Abby Breslin and her brother Spencer .

We used to always swim in the pool together, I'm the same age as Spencer. I remember pushing Abby around in an intertube all the time. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE *inhale* LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVVVVEEEE HER!!!
default_wub.png
At the time I had only seen her in a few things but boy, she went on to get pretty darn famous! I now go to the movies with friends, her face is on billboards, I always remember my little Abby. When she was 8 or 9 she was always trying to play "matchmaker" with Spencer and I. Our relationship was pretty much limited to racing each other from end to end of the pool.
default_smile.png

I VERY personally know Shawnee Smith , yes from the Saw movies. My first mini Ghost used to live in her back yard. I've got pics from the day I got her with Shawnee and I. I used to give her daughter riding lessons on a 27 year old shetland pony. Yup, I got LOTS of free Saw merchandise.

Shawnee was just about one of the sweetest people i've met, celebrity or not. She could always be found somewhere with her kids if she wasn't on set. Makin cookies, rockin the baby... well I guess the baby is probably 2 now. The whole 3 years I've known her I've never heard her raise her voice, or even become the least bit unsettled. That one time Ghost got in the newspaper at Starbucks, Shawnee and her daughter were in that picture too. Her daughter still loves coming to the barn, her favorite thing ever is going for cart rides.

In the horse world celebrities, I went to Pat Parelli's ranch this summer. Met him, Linda, Cayton, and took hundreds of pics up there. These people are SOOO beyond nice, and their place is amazing. I wished I could stay longer, but I definitely hope to go back!!! click here for a pic of me with Pat and his horse Savvalicious.

William Shatner's a regular at the LAEC with his reining horses, Diane Keaton was a regular for a while because her granddaughter...?(/niece/friend's child..... don't know, some kid she always came to watch lol) took riding lessons from the same place I did.

I told you it would be a long list!
default_biggrin.png

Members of Nickelback, my husband's cousin works for the band.

I've managed to get myself backstage at a few concerts, most were years ago, and I don't know if I'd call them "conversations", more like a few words:

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith

Ted Nugent (super super in your face nice guy)

John BonJovi

Simon Lebon and John Taylor of Duran Duran

Many member of the Pittsburgh Steelers

Many members of the Pittsburgh Penguins

Hank Williams Jr.

Oliver North.

I met Robin Williams. He was in Portsmouth, NH and I was walking my Bassett Hound. He loved the dog and stopped and had great fun getting the dog to howl. He was petting the dog and their was dog hair flying all over his wife's nice black coat
default_laugh.png

I was so busy laughing at him, I didn't say anything
default_smile.png
He is VERY funny!

I also met Willie Nelson, in the same town, at a coffee shop. It took me a while to figure out who he was but he was very nice and signed my Dad's b'day card, that I happened to be writing at the time.

I met Paul Newman, In York Maine. He was staying at the small hotel i worked at. What a GENTLEMAN he is!! So understated, he left stuff for all the staff. Extremely pleasant. Smaller in person than I expected too!

I have met all of U2 and they are incredibly lowkey.

I met Alice Cooper in Boston but I didn't know who he was
default_rolleyes.gif
I wondered why the sales clerk asked for his autograph. He looked very jaded by the whole being recognised thing.

At the barn (of course) Walter Cronkite whose daughter was a fellow boarder and I worked several clinics with Karen Lende (now Karen Lende-O'Conner) and David O'Conner...and helped throw him fully clothed into a pool
default_new_shocked.gif

Well I finished high school in Vegas and then went back as an adult before coming home to the Midwest for good. If you keep weird hours in Vegas you are bound to meet some interesting people; between my insomnia and my retail jobs I met a LOT of stars. So many of them shop alone that if you're polite and non-crazy they're often happy to have a chat. We had a lot of regulars at FAO Schwarz: Fred Durst (jerk), Tony Hawk (very nice), Corbin Bernsen (quiet), Demi Moore & Bruce Willis (while they were still together and after too...we worked irregular hours for them, but they were always very friendly), Michael Clarke Duncan (want to know how he likes his coffee?). I destroyed the entire cast of That 70's Show at laser tennis...In retrospect it's odd that they were hanging around the store then well before Ashton and Demi were an item.

A lot of soap stars came through, and they would tell you who they were.
default_rolleyes.gif
I'm also supposedly on a Japanese pop star's reality show because they wanted actual employees in the background of an episode taped in the store.

After hours I met and spoke with: Lance Bass (very nice, also quiet), Anthony Kiedis (the first star that really shell-shocked me--smart, funny, a little weird), the guys from The Strokes (went to a concert and then bumped into them at the Coney Island Arcade), Steven Tyler (incredibly nice--likes slot machines
default_biggrin.png
). I was also really into the ska/punk scene at the time, and those types of bands almost always hang out afterwards, but other than Blink182, NOFX, Reel Big Fish, and Weezer I know the rest were pretty obscure.

As an adult, some of the memorable ones: Jackie Chan (very funny, small feet), Macy Gray (the weirdest, giant feet), Sinbad (talked to my coworker and me for an hour before he had to leave for his own comedy show, narrow feet), Elvis Costello (huge fan and barely recognized him, nearly wet myself, still very sweet despite my inability to speak, average feet). Can you tell where I was working at the time?

Also Kathy Ireland, Steven Spielberg, Sarah Michelle Gellar, the rest of N'SYNC, a lot of child actors, a lot of Vegas residents (S&R, Wayne Newton, etc), a handful of models. After coming home, the only "famous" people I've really encountered are musicians. Chicago's got a great indie scene, and I've met a lot of very humble musicians before they were signed. I was an OkGo fan before they hit it big with their treadmill video, and they used to have very intimate shows in Chicago with 30-40 people and just mill around and talk art, music, and life afterward.

If you want to hear some really interesting star stories--talk to waiters and waitresses.

In the horse world, I also met Monty Roberts at one of his seminars, and he is very pleasant.

Whoops! Forgot to mention I've met some politicians too! Gerald Ford, Pres. George Bush Sr., Colin Powell.

And I have to add Tom Brokaw too since he's a distant cousin.
default_saludando.gif

Since I have a lot of years 'on' most of you, ;), my celebrity encounters go back a bit further!

When I was a mid-teen, the movie 'Giant' was filmed in and around Marfa, Texas, a tiny West Texas town near the Big Bend(and in fact, my birthplace; there was a military base there at the time, and my dad, who later flew a glider behind enemy lines in WWII, was stationed there at the time, so the family was living there.)

The production company built a 'false front'-two sides-of the Reata Ranch house on the Ryan Ranch, northwest of Marfa. The ranch belonged to my uncle-by-marriage's sister and BIL; we'd helped them work cattle out there more than once(I was a summer-long visitor there for a number of years; I acquired two wonderful cousins when my mom's sister married the aforementioned uncle, also a rancher)--so we went out to help in the cattle-working scenes in the movie. I met George Stevens, the famous director(seemed a very 'genuinely nice' man), and the movie's stars....Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor, Mercedes McCambridge--and JAMES DEAN! As you might imagine, HE made our teenaged hearts flutter! We'd be sitting around horseback, waiting to be 'needed'; he'd dash up and vault up behind my cousins' cousins, who were older teens(my cousins and I were still on the young side!), and they'd gallop off (but not far; parents were 'watching' them a lot more closely in those days....)

It was said that James Dean used to pass other cars(on the wrong side, in the barditch!) going back and forth to Marfa from the set(about 12 mi. out of town)....that( two-lane, still!) highway was flat and straight, and believe me, local people were FAST drivers, but Dean was FASTER, by far, if the locals observations were to be believed! He was killed in that wreck in CA only a few short weeks after returning there from the location shooting in Marfa...locals weren't terribly surprised, after the way they'd seen him drive, sad to say.

Margo

I was best friends with Marjorie and Angel Cordero, the great jockey, and when at their house, they would have pool parties for the kids with families of Wayne Gretzky, Jose Conseco, Pele, Raul Julia. It was sad because paparazzi was everywhere looking over the fences, taking pictures, hollaring all the time. They are people like me and you, it is no big deal,, they just have a job where lots of people watch them do their job. Danikka. my daughter got tons of hand me down clothes from them. OH, the funniest thing I can remember....Angel was trying to get George, the pot bellied pig to the vet to have him neutered, his luck, Long Island Expressway was jammed, so he turns the little Mercedes around and heads back home. He dropped off George at home and headed to the track for the afternoon races for the rest of the day. Marjorie heard Angel drive up and realized he didnt get George dropped off, about 20 minutes later the door bell rings , so Margorie answers the door and it is a limo driver, He was instructed to pick up George for his Doctors appointment. Marjorie rolled laughing, the driver didnt understand, so Margorie calls George and he came to the door. The driver about doo-doo'd in his pants. Marjorie tells him, George only sits in the front seat or gets car sick. So there went George in the limo to the vet !!!!!! that story I will never forget........ But a sad way to end my story. In 2001, Marjorie, while jogging, was hit by a hit-n-run drunk driver and left to die there on the side of the road in a ditch. the man got probation, how sick. Poor Angel and the 3 kids, they are so mad at the system and so sad without her. It is such a tragedy.

Oh Yes.......I forgot! I met Christopher Reeve.......he was looking at a horse to purchase, at a barn I used to board at. He was a very nice man, and boy he could sit a horse. It was about a year before his accident.
default_sad.png

I got to hang out with Terri Nunn from the band "Berlin". Also I got to meet "Rob and Big" from the MTV realty show.

Terri and I(OMG pulling this pic out made me realize how old I am getting
default_no.gif
This was like 9 years ago
default_new_shocked.gif
TerriNunn.jpg

Me with Big

DSC03844.jpg

And my favorite of all, the Black Stallion for the movie "Hildago". And yes I did have a conversation with him
default_yes.gif

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03472.jpg

DSC03452.jpg

Deep down he's still just your everyday guy
default_laugh.png

DSC03462.jpg

Latest posts

Back