What Famous People have you met?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just know I'm going to forget some so I may be back.

My jr high school music teacher was Gary "Mutha" Withem of Gary Puckett & The Union Gaps.

He was a great teacher & a good friend.

Frankie Avalon was one of the judges at an animal fundraiser near us.

He was quite smitten with one of our Danes there and I asked if he wanted a kiss.

He smiled brightly and said yes and I had our Dane named Baron give him a slurp.

It was after the fact (when he look a lil bummed) that I realized he thought I meant if I could kiss him.
default_wacko.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

June Foray use to have Great Danes but last we talked had gotten into Boxers. She's a nice lady.

Dean Torrence, of the musical duo Jan and Dean was near us doing a concert and use to have a 1/2 Dane named Bogie.

Here's a pix of him from 2004 with our girl, Luca

078_04.jpg

Tim Curry (Rocky Horror Picture Show & more) was a real fun guy to meet. He's quite friendly and likes to joke around.

Ernie Sabella was a nice guy too.

I've talked to

Nic Bakay &

Burt Ward (Robin from Batman) on the phone.

Carlos Mencia, his brother Joseph & Brad Williams.

Been to a few tv tapings & to a show.

I have Carlos & Joseph's autographs.

I am missing others... I have to think.

But yeah being in southern California its not unusual to be around "celebrities". They are just lucky people
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan Adams

Darren Hayes

Aqua (remember "Barbie Girl" from the 90's
default_laugh.png
)

Daryl Hannah

Mark Wahlberg

Forest Whitaker

Paris Hilton (my old boss/friend owns a supper club in T.O. that a lot of celebs go to, Paris being one)

Ummmmm. A few of the Backstreet Boys. Howie and....oh I can't think now (it was a while ago)

I have a few friends that worked at CityTV in T.O. and so I got to go to the MMVA's and met a lot there too. Can't think of exactly who else. Bryan Adams and Mark Wahlberg are SUPER small LOL.

Oh, ya, and Luke Perry.

Oh and how could I forget the incomparable GLENN CLOSE! That was the best.

Harvey Keitel

Don't normally get pics taken with celebs, BUT, couldn't resist getting one taken with the "mermaid" LOL (excuse my starstruck appearance....)

MattandDaryl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark Wahlberg
I am so envious...details!!! He is my favorite actor. We bowl on a league on Teus night and there is a team there that are all professional fire fighters (all are really quite the eye candy)...one of the guys looks just like Mark Wahlberg....I swear it's the only reason I keep going back every season! I haven't seen him this year, I'm thinking a good reason to quit!

Hulk Hogan, he carried me (when I was 6) down to the wrestling ring on his shoulder. They used to wrestle at the boys and girls club in Pittsfield a long time ago.

Christy

Mark Wahlberg
I am so envious...details!!! He is my favorite actor. We bowl on a league on Teus night and there is a team there that are all professional fire fighters (all are really quite the eye candy)...one of the guys looks just like Mark Wahlberg....I swear it's the only reason I keep going back every season! I haven't seen him this year, I'm thinking a good reason to quit!

LOL. It was at a club in Toronto about 5 or 6 years ago. He's in films that are filmed there fairly often. He even rented a house a few streets away. We were on the rooftop patio. He was there just having a drink/hors deuvres etc. And I just started talking to him. Very nice guy. Can't remember what we talked about, but he was very cool. And...very cute
default_wink.png

Jennifer Foster(Rode Zeus at the Barcelona Olympic games-I babysat her 2 kids Brin and Charlie one afternoon at the Bromont Olympic site)

Amy and Jonathon Miller(Ian Millers daughter and son)

Roger Deslauriers(father of Mario who is a show jumper)

Michael Yarmush(In the movie Nico The Unicorn, Little Men, TV series My Life As A Dog and was the voice of Arthur for a number of years-my brothers friend)

Blink 182(at a local concert before they were so popular)

Jaybee Bixby(Runner up of Canadian Idol-saw him at Brome Fair 2008)

Just to name a few.

This one's a bit obscure, but my jazzer friends are always impressed...

One of my design clients is a studio engineer and computer genius -- he's one of the original creators of the midi protocol and he engineered numerous recordings for Carlos Santana, Herbie Hancock, etc.

As trade, he produced a demo for Keith's and my band, and he thought I should play soprano sax rather than alto. I didn't own one, so he got on the phone to his good friend Branford Marsalis (original music director for Jay Leno, brother of Winton, saxophonist with Sting), and Branford gave me a lifetime loan of a Selmer Mark VI soprano sax.

Keith loves "tweaking" his friends, and tells them I keep Branford's soprano sax under my bed...

The same client took us to see Al DiMeola and took us backstage to meet him. Al wanted to go hit some clubs, and our friend suggested Keith should be their tour guide. When Al started looking uncomfortable and looking at his feet, I realized they weren't talking music clubs, so I excused myself. Keith isn't into topless bars and wasn't a very good guide, but he had a great story about seeing a different side of Portland with Al DiMeola.

Oh, smack!
default_frusty.gif
I forgot the most obvious one- Senator Patty Murray was my preschool teacher. I was in her last class before she decided to run for office and she really is a grassroots, down-to-earth, wonderful lady. She came to my community college in later years and when I diffidently asked her security people if I could see her and explained I was a former student she invited me right in and chatted with me for a few minutes. Nice lady!

Leia

Mike Weir (the golfer) brought his wife and children to our hobby farm a few years ago when he was in town for a golf tournament. His children enjoyed all the animals and they were a really nice family.

Latest posts

Back