What does AMHA do with Silver Bay????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauralee

Reaction score
I went to the studbook to find out if Silver Bay is an accepted color with AMHA....it seems all of the foals I have registered in the past that were silver bay, were changed by AMHA to something else such as chestnut, bay, silver dapple, and so on....

I also have an (old) printout of the AMHA color abbreviations and I don't find anything silver bay mentioned.

The AMHR studbook registers my silver bay foals as silver bay.

What is going to happen if I send in my colt's registration application with his color noted as Silver Bay Pinto?

Anybody have recent experience with this?

I have silver bay mare that AMHA registered as "Silver Dapple Bay" and a colt that they registered as "Bay". Depends on who's doing the paperwork or what mood they are in I guess.
default_wacko.png
: AMHR did put Silver Bay.

I've registered several foals with both AMHA and AMHR as silver bays. There is no code for it in the studbook online, but their papers have all said silver bay.

Papers say Silver Bay, Studbook says Bay. They do not have an abreviation on the Studbook for Silver Bay. I am hearing that once the new computer system is totally functional, they will be able to change some of those things.

Latest posts

Back