Registering questions about AMHR/AMHA and Pinto

Discussion in 'Miniature Horse Forum' started by Awkward Artsy, Jan 31, 2020.

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk by donating:

1. Jan 31, 2020 #1

Awkward Artsy

Awkward Artsy

Awkward Artsy

Hello! I'm new to the world of mini's and registered horses. I've only ever owned grade so all the paperwork in new to me. I recently got a buckskin pinto mini back in May that had "temporary" registration papers for both AMHA and AMHR along with a pedigree from when he was a yearling. He's 5 years old now and 36 inches and I would love to show him at some point. Iv'e heard that AMHA (or is it AMHR?) has a a new rule about no more minis over 34"
    would he still be eligible to get his registration status re-instated? I have all the appropriate signed paperwork from the last person recorded on the back of his papers. I also want to register him with Pinto as there is only 1 AMHA/AMHR show in my entire state all year. Can i hardship him into Pinto if I can't do anything about the A and R papers?

2. Jan 31, 2020 #2

Maryann at MiniV

Maryann at MiniV

Maryann at MiniV

Hi and Welcome! It's AMHA that you won't be able to register him with. Their height limit is 34". You shouldn't have a problem with AMHR. The height rule is no going over 38". Both registries measure horses at the last mane hair on the withers.
    I don't really know the rules for the Pinto registration, but I've heard they are more lenient and there isn't a height rule, I don't think. I would contact them and hopefully someone here can tell you more.

Kimber K. and Awkward Artsy like this.

Draft saved Draft deleted