What do your horses want for Christmas???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
So...your horses just mailed their letters to the North Pole, telling Santa what they dream of for Christmas...

What do they hope to find under the tree? I was nosy and peeked at our furkids' wish list:

Scarlet:

I want my own cart and harness. I'd make such a pretty driving horsey, but Mingus won't share. But puh-lease, please don't make it boring and plain -- I need patent leather and diamonds! Those nasty boys keep teasing me, chanting:

"A bit and a check and a whip that stings...

These are a few of my favorite things!"

I don't get it -- do you, Santa?

Flash, aka Fabio:

I want my own personal hairstylist and masseuse. A professional backscratcher would be nice as well. I also want a huge lawn chair so I can sit on my parents' laps and snuggle! (This would be even better with Mrs. Pasture's Horse Cookies to munch on. Think I can dip them in my mom's coffee?

Thelonius:

I want a turtleneck sweater to keep my neck warm since my mom roached my mane...and a stocking cap since I (accidentally) rubbed out my forelock. Santa, please make them bright blue to match mh new blanket.

Mingus:

I want a new barn with a room of my own. I like my horse buddies, but a guy needs his privacy! Besides, the people need to get out of the rain when they come to admire me. And while you're at it Santa, how about dividers (and some champagne!!) for my limo? And Santa -- just fill my stocking with peppermints! YUM!!!

So that's what my kids are hoping for -- what is on your horses' list?

Well since all my little busy bees want the same thing, they are willing to pool their wishes.

They want a hyperbike! Here is Esprit, playing with Leia's... ah the lazy days of summer, that is what I want for Christmas!!!

esprit_hyperbike by FinchMeadow, on Flickr

Ooops, someone just put a bug in my ear...they also want a 20# bag of Berry Good Treats!!!

Amy,

My horses know what they want, but I want driving trails like yours! We have plenty of property, but most of it is on a fairly steep hillside.

Mine ask for the same thing every year. They want a large, flat, at least 5 acre, pasture to run, play and eat in and a bigger barn with more horsie buddies. Instead they will probably just get lottery tickets and keep dreaming
default_biggrin.png

I know for a fact that one of mine, "Sox" would love a new Leather show harness
default_wink.png
He's told me a million times, that's what he wants.
default_wub.png

Dream and Kiss both wish for the same thing...and are willing to wait til March to get it...a healthy, happy bouncing baby!
default_wub.png
Oh and LOTS of treats in the meantime to satify their cravings!
default_wink.png

Dollar wants his "jingle bells" to not be snipped...but Santa says he is on his "Naughty List", so...he won't get that wish!
default_laugh.png

Khan wants the same thing...and is on Santa's "Nice list" (for once...lol)
default_yes.gif

Seq and Gabby both want BFs and Santa says he is a good "matchmaker"
default_wub.png

Jet says he really wants to show off in the show ring in a NEW cart...He is a "momma's boy" and may just get it...
default_rolleyes.gif

Starfire says he got his "secret wish" already when he was "rescued" from the "mean people" back in late August and a ll he wants is TLC from his "grammas"...and Santa says he will DEFINITELY get LOTS of that...forever!!
default_wub.png

"Dollar wants his "jingle bells" to not be snipped...but Santa says he is on his "Naughty List", so...he won't get that wish!
default_laugh.png
"

That's so funny- cracked me up.
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. my horses are pretty easy guess I should be grateful..

Their list (alot like mine) consists of CANDY and COOKIES although they are not huge chocolate fans like me

Jellybeans (Mo and Dancer prefer the black ones)

Sugar Cubes

Teddy Grahams

Chips Ahoy

Candy Hearts

and those snowball powdered sugar cookies (I love thsoe to)

Although I do believe Dancer really wants her Pacific Smart Cart I am pretty sure anything that has anything to do with work has little interest to anyone else on the farm but her
default_yes.gif

Rowdy my stallion wants spring so he can breed his mares again.

Some of my mares wants their foals to hurry up and come.

My geldings just want food food food..

The whole herd asked for a winning lottery ticket,

so they can move somewhere warm....
default_risa8.gif

Susanne, I LOVE our driving trails! Every year we mow them, you can't drive on it year-round because it is too wet, but starting in late spring this is where I condition for marathon, and also just to enjoy. You can see the trails on the photo below. Every year the paths vary a bit. Nothing better than driving down to the secret garden (lower left corner of the photo) to pick and eat blackberries right off the bush! :D

You may note that of the three permanent structures, our house is the smallest! LOL!!!

Joy, Dove, Nitro and Cat all want - beautiful matching red halters, leads, blankets, and hay nets. Maybe some tinsel and bells too.
default_laugh.png

Joy - Joy just wants treats. Lots of treats and attention
default_rolleyes.gif
. She is the queen.

Dove - Really wants a Victor show halter in silver! And some conchos and one of those National Res. Champion halters.

Nitro - Is asking for a very very nice magnetic blanket, to help with his back pain.
default_wub.png

Cat - A happy healthy frame overo filly next year!

Me - All the above plus two neck hoods! And just one more pony... Just one and I'm done! My parents just don't believe me! LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

Kody wants to be #1 in my attention 24/7 and to be back in harness five days a week. He doesn't ask for much!
default_laugh.png

Turbo wants a little Mom-time to himself and to learn all that nifty big boy stuff I keep telling him he's too young for. He's going to be excited about the new harness he'll get in the spring but I'm not so sure he's going to be thrilled about the fact he has to trade his "snow balls" to get it!
default_rolleyes.gif

Leia

Major wants a nice orange winter blanket for our sub-zero nights, and everything he needs to start training for driving.

Clementine wants a blanket in pink and a friend to play with.

I asked Nort and he said MARES!

Pooka said YEAH MARES!

Topper said ME TOO!!

Polly wants me all to herself
default_rolleyes.gif

Sonny wants a new house since his was crushed in the storms last Winter.

And the rest want horsie cookies!

Knotty, Boss, Momma, Rain, Star, Style,Kissy, Timeless, Prize, Rumba and "Demi" just want Santa to bring warmer weather and to wish everyone "Happy Holidays".

Carnival would like some appaloosa girls, he seems to be partial to spots. I'd like him to greet me with his mouth closed...
default_wink.png

Frosty Chip wants that baby out, she is grumpy, but has 3 more months to go!

They all want "Cookies" aka peppermint horse treats.

Latest posts

Back