What do you think...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClickMini

Reaction score
I have been a member of this forum for a long time now. So probably most people "know" me through the forum. I have been thinking a lot about the direction of my farm/program. And I am interested to know what people think when they see a post from me. And I am not asking, nor do I want to know, whether you like me or not. ;) What I want to know is, do you associate me with my stallions? mares? driving? show? CDE? breeding? clicker training? trick training? etc.

When I started with minis, I bought one for a very specific reason. I had a definite goal. Over time that goal drifted, and quite dramatically I might add. I changed my direction completely in what I wanted to do with my minis. I am now re-thinking where I am at and what I want to do. After I get some feedback, I will share what I am thinking about.

Please play nice.
default_biggrin.png

Sorry as I'm new I'm not familiar with you

and as we are on our 1st mini anyways my opinion wouldn't be worth much...

but this post is making me go peek at your site.

Oh and HI!

Neat Thread Amy! It's always good to know what people think of when they hear a certain farm name.

Sorry Click Mini, I am new on here, oh my has been 2 years now, but have not gotten to know you, except noticed your name (Click Mini) and did assume you did clicker training.

Just went and looked at your site and noticed John Lyons which I learned through him many many years ago with my big horses and for years subscribed to his magazine on the Perfect Horse.

We also went to a one day seminar on John Lyons training.

Good Luck with your future goals
default_saludando.gif
default_laugh.png
Let us know?

Hi Amy:) When I think of you my first thoughts are Flirt driving...and Aladdin and the cool tricks he does!

Tracy

l have always thought of you as the clicker training lady when you post...l guess because of your name and you actually clicker train. l did look at your site a ways back and thought you have some pretty nice minis.

I probably knew you a little more in person, first, than I did from here.

What I saw and think of now, is pretty much my first impression:

someone that loves to work with her horses, enjoys taking them to the fullest potential they can have, as well keeping in mind their physical and emotional well-being.

I see someone that is truly happiest when everything is working out for both you and your horse, and someone that has learned a LOT in a short amount of time, as well admitting that they've made mistakes, and being honest and magnanimous enough to share the results of those lessons with anyone else.

The short version is someone that enjoys her horses in a wide variety of activities.

default_smile.png

Liz

I think of you as the "clicker" training person. I also think of you as a strong supporter of the use of minis as service animals.
default_yes.gif
I do think you have lovely horses, but I do not think of "them" when I see a post by you.

I really cool miniature horse person, and someone that knows their horses. The clicker training lady!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

I haven't been here that long but I do know that much

Amy, I have to admit, when I first met you I thought, OMG a clicker trainer, she must be nuts......

But as I have gotten to know you and your heart, I realize your first and foremost concern is that of the animals in your care.

I have grown over the years to respect your training methods and you. You have demonstrated time and time again how it works in all aspects of life.

I know you have stated that you respect me for my way of training, conditioning and presenting horses. I am the first to admit that I do not know it all. I am always learning from my horses and from others. All I ask of others is what you have always done, Explained: Why do you do it, how do you do it, what is the point, what is the outcome, how does it affect the horse.

Thank you Amy for opening my eyes to a new way of looking at my horses and the methods I use.

I'm pretty new to the forum (relatively speaking), but when I see you post, I think of driving and some tricks. Mostly driving. Of your horses, they come to mind as Flirt, Ally, and Alladin. Quality, fun, and talented. Hard working. Kind.

That's what I think of.
default_yes.gif

Actually I didn't even think of the clicker training just of a really nice person who loves their horses to the max and wants them to excel in whatever they do with no ego. Getting to meet you just confirmed that and I for one am glad I got to meet you. Linda

I think of you as that lady at Oregon Gold trying to clicker train the um, very excited junior stallion...
default_laugh.png

LOL Honestly, when I think of you I think of all of those things you listed, but now I'm really curious what you're thinking of changing?
default_yes.gif

Mininik, you saw me at probably one of my "less fine" moments. Oh that Esprit!!!
default_whistling.gif
default_gaah.gif
:arg! He is the one I am thinking of bringing for my clicker demo to the Spring Clinic. Because I will tell you for sure that as soon as I was through with that show, I re-thought many of the things I did and didn't do in that situation! OH he was a handful!!! But I would handle it a little different today. I am ashamed to admit that I used more than a few butt smacks on him at that show! Embarrassed about it, I am!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think of you as a very knowledgeable horse person who's opinion I respect very much. But also think of you as the Clicker Trainer who I wish lived closer to me to help with mine.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You called me at one of the worst days possible and at a really bad time.

You were so nice and carring and made me laugh, laugh a lot, and then we talked, seemed like for hours.

Then I called you "Clicky" and got away with it. I guess I knew after that we'd be friends for life.

Latest posts

Back