What do you take to get rid of your head ache fast?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miss Valerie gives good advice.

I have used peppermint oil for years applied to both temples and then joining the temples with an oily film at the hairline. Do NOT get it close to your eyes as it will be unpleasant. Make sure to put a goodly amount on the first time so as to not have to reapply it 10 minutes later to get it to work. This remedy has worked on 90% of the headache sufferers we have met over the years. Peppermint oil is also a stimulant and I have used it to VERY good effect when I'm exhausted, rummy, and in pain throughout the body BUT need to keep going. Recovery occurs for me within 5 minutes and I'm up, alert and out of pain. Application ain't for the squeamish.

Another headache remedy we are guinea pigging with others is to submerge your hands in very hot water for a few minutes. Mo has been able to try this once during a recent flue bout and it worked for her. Headaches are not common for us so we are testing this through others to see if there is something to it.

I do find the caffeine applications very interesting and instructive as well. Chocolate would be my favorite application of this medicine....

Bb

I also get cluster headaches bad enough sometimes it affects my balance, vision and memory....when in the emergency room for a very bad one I found they gave IV ibuprofen and Benedryl.....so now I take 3 motrin and 3 benedryl, works almost every time!

I went to the Dr this past summer and she said to take 1 Tylenol, 1 Alieve or Advil, and 1 Benedryl ........and it works about 98% of the time. For those other times she gave me a prescription.

Thank you all very much! Your stories and advice hit home. I have a lot of things to try. I knew I could count on you all!!

I also get cluster headaches bad enough sometimes it affects my balance, vision and memory....when in the emergency room for a very bad one I found they gave IV ibuprofen and Benedryl.....so now I take 3 motrin and 3 benedryl, works almost every time!
Do you take all 6 at a time? or through out the day?

I don't get them so much anymore but did have migraines for many years. Peppermint oil on the temples someone mentioned gave a little relief, smelled good lol but didn't take out the headache. Excedrine migraine - or extra strength - was helpful but I always had rebound headaches with it. None of the specific migraine meds out at the time worked for me, including one that was self-injectable. A quiet, dark room helps along with good stretches and breathing but if I didn't catch it early the only thing that really worked was Fioricet with codeine. Makes you pretty loopy for awhile but loopy was preferable to pain. I take Aleve now if I need something for mild headache. Migraines are such an ordeal, I don't think people without headaches really get how disabling they can be.

Jan

Latest posts

Back