What Color Do You Think She Is....Educational Pics..For Fun

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaazeMinis

Reaction score
Haaze Miniatures of Auburndale ,Wisconsin
Hi
default_saludando.gif

This is just for fun....
default_yes.gif

I already know what color this filly turned out to be and will post her "recent" photo later.
default_biggrin.png

This is my filly born in May of 2006....

Some of you may remember her when I posted her announcement asking about her color then as I was not sure then...Now that I have photos of her now all grown up from her owners (I HAVE permission)

Sire: Carries 1 dilute Gene & The Silver Gene..

Dam: "True" Blue Roan

A little hint her color is quite unique.
default_yes.gif

FOAL PHOTO-4 Days Old

CrystalandJade2.jpg

FOAL PHOTO-24 Days Old

CrystalRecent.jpg

FRESHLY CLIPPED FOAL PHOTO-5 Weeks Old

100_0279.jpg

SOME HAIR GROWTH FOAL PHOTO-8 Weeks Old

100_0328.jpg

HEAD PHOTO SAME DAY-8 Weeks Old

100_0355.jpg

PHOTO OF HER DAM

100_1161.jpg

I have a photo of her Sire but I dont have permission to post it on here.

I will post her adult photo later..
default_yes.gif

So have fun.....
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

NOTE! I AM NOT ASKING FOR A CRITIQUE & THE PHOTOS ARE NOT THE BEST BUT I AM NO PHOTOGRAPHER..SO PLEASE NO JUDGEMENTS ON THE HORSE OTHER THAN HER COLOR..

THANK YOU.

default_smile.png

Jeri

hmmm hard one but i am going to say silver dapple. My tiny looked just like that clipped and she was not a roan but then her coat would come back in red and hide the silver. Dang cant find the picture.

Silver dapple/black roan or smokey silver roan.

Silver is obvious, roan too, cream could hide.
default_wink.png

In her baby fluffies, she is very similar in colour to my now tested silver smokey black. However, I can see on my filly that her undercoat is much darker, rather than lighter, so I will say silver smokey roan
default_biggrin.png

In her baby fluffies, she is very similar in colour to my now tested silver smokey black. However, I can see on my filly that her undercoat is much darker, rather than lighter, so I will say silver smokey roan
default_biggrin.png

I'm going to have to agree with "Silver Black Roan" or "Smokey Silver Black Roan"
default_yes.gif

Hi
default_saludando.gif

This is just for fun....
default_yes.gif

I already know what color this filly turned out to be and will post her "recent" photo later.
default_biggrin.png

This is my filly born in May of 2006....

Some of you may remember her when I posted her announcement asking about her color then as I was not sure then...Now that I have photos of her now all grown up from her owners (I HAVE permission)

Sire: Carries 1 dilute Gene & The Silver Gene..

Dam: "True" Blue Roan

A little hint her color is quite unique.
default_yes.gif

FOAL PHOTO-4 Days Old

CrystalandJade2.jpg

FOAL PHOTO-24 Days Old

CrystalRecent.jpg

FRESHLY CLIPPED FOAL PHOTO-5 Weeks Old

100_0279.jpg

SOME HAIR GROWTH FOAL PHOTO-8 Weeks Old

100_0328.jpg

HEAD PHOTO SAME DAY-8 Weeks Old

100_0355.jpg

PHOTO OF HER DAM

100_1161.jpg

I have a photo of her Sire but I dont have permission to post it on here.

I will post her adult photo later..
default_yes.gif

So have fun.....
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_biggrin.png

NOTE! I AM NOT ASKING FOR A CRITIQUE & THE PHOTOS ARE NOT THE BEST BUT I AM NO PHOTOGRAPHER..SO PLEASE NO JUDGEMENTS ON THE HORSE OTHER THAN HER COLOR..

THANK YOU.

default_smile.png

Jeri
A few few of you where real close...
default_yes.gif

EDITED TO ADD THE PHOTO OF HER NOW.
default_yes.gif

I could not believe what a color change she did!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png

This is a scanned photo so it is not to good and her owners are going to test her for the cream.
default_yes.gif
I suggested they do since her Sire carried the cream gene. .
default_biggrin.png
So, for now she is A Silver Black Roan(No Dapples)..I think it is a neat color and I have not seen it much...
default_biggrin.png

scan0001.jpg

Thanks For playing along guys!
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Jeri

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_shocked.gif
wow

she changed colors big time. I WOULD have never guess she would be that color.

she is very pretty. do you have side photos, so we can see her better.

thanks for sharing.

Hi Melissa
default_biggrin.png

Sorry, I dont feel comfortable posting more photos of her in public since she no longer belongs to me. besides her new owners really didnt do the best job clipping her either since most of their blades went dull on them before they finished ..
default_wink.png
and they dont have her standing correctly either, so the pictures are very un -flattering
default_wacko.png
default_laugh.png
:DOH!

Have A Great Day

default_saludando.gif

Jeri

Silver Black/ Silver dapple are the same.

Silver Black/ Silver dapple are the same.
Hi Ashley

Yes, I know a what a Silver Black is..only she has No Dapples so that is why I said it in that way.
default_wink.png
and she inherited the Roan gene from her Dam too which makes her color even more unique.
default_biggrin.png
I actually registered her as a Silver Dapple in AMHR as a foal since I thought her color would end up as a Silver Dapple.
default_yes.gif

Jeri

What ever the colour she is beautiful and I agree different...
default_wub.png

I actually registered her as a Silver Dapple in AMHR as a foal since I thought her color would end up as a Silver Dapple.
default_yes.gif
I guess the new owners can update her color when they send in for her permanent papers, and just select blue roan with silver mane and tail.
default_yes.gif

default_yes.gif
I guess the new owners can update her color when they send in for her permanent papers, and just select blue roan with silver mane and tail.
default_yes.gif
default_saludando.gif

Mona

Will AMHR except that color?
default_unsure.png
She will have to have the new papers anyway for transfer of ownership ..right? She has the old AMHR papers since she was registered in 2006. So, I told the new owners to take the photos so that they could be used in A & R.

I hope AMHA excepts Blue Roan with a Silver Mane and Tail?

We waited for AMHA paperwork because I wanted to try to get her registered the "right" color and knew that it would not be possible until this last summer when she had more of an adult coat and I am glad we waited.
default_yes.gif
Otherwise she would have been registered as a Silver Dapple judging by her foal coat.
default_biggrin.png

What ever the colour she is beautiful and I agree different...
default_wub.png
Thanks Mary!
default_biggrin.png

Mona

default_unsure.png
She will have to have the new papers anyway for transfer of ownership ..right? She has the old AMHR papers since she was registered in 2006. So, I told the new owners to take the photos so that they could be used in A & R.

We waited for AMHA paperwork because I wanted to try to get her registered the "right" color and knew that it would not be possible until this last summer when she had more of an adult coat and I am glad we waited.
default_yes.gif
Otherwise she would have been registered as a Silver Dapple judging by her foal coat.

Yes, although not 100% sure, I am 99% sure that both registries will accept blue roan with silver(o flaxen) mane and tail. Each registry asks for the basic body color then you have to also supply the mane and tail color for both, so I see no problem at all, as long as those new pics are sent in so they can clearly see she is in fact that color.
default_yes.gif
Good Luck!

Mona

default_unsure.png

default_yes.gif
Yes, although not 100% sure, I am 99% sure that both registries will accept blue roan with silver(o flaxen) mane and tail. Each registry asks for the basic body color then you have to also supply the mane and tail color for both, so I see no problem at all, as long as those new pics are sent in so they can clearly see she is in fact that color.
default_yes.gif
Good Luck!
Thanks Mona!
default_biggrin.png

Jeri

We have a silver roan colt from this year and it definately is a unique color! jennifer

She really is a beautiful an unique color! Thanks for sharing all of that!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back