We're back on the transplant list!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeperofthehorses

Reaction score
The dialysis unit got the official notification today that Darrin has been reactivated on the kidney transplant list in Seattle! He was put 'on hold' status in October, when they found out about the August heart attack. He didn't stop accumulating wait time, but wasn't eligible for any candidates. We were beginning to think that they weren't going to let him back on. Hopefully we haven't missed our chance. Darrin is a very difficult match with very high antibodies. This puts him at the top of the list, but we may still have a long wait before his chance comes.

This actually comes at a really good time. I'm on vacation this week, with plans to get the spare bedroom ready to move into and get the entire house more organized. I kinda let things slip when he got put on hold. My mom will be moving in when we get the call to take care of the small animals and keep an eye on things. Friends and neighbors will help her with the horses and ponies.

So keep your fingers crossed. Hubby may get off that #@*#$@ dialysis machine yet.

So glad Darrin's back on the list! :aktion033: I know firsthand just how frustrating the wait can be. I was taken off the list twice for various reasons. When you're least expecting it, that call will come. I was at work (vet clinic) and we were preparing for a surgery when I got called at work. They said they had a kidney for me. I told them "wait, we are just about to begin surgery on a dog"! They said they didn't care if I was prepping the pope for surgery, get to the hospital NOW! Best of luck to you both and I hope Darrin"s wait is a short one. God Bless
default_pray.gif
:

That is great news! I have been thinking about you guys. Think positive. I was told it would be about a year to 18 months at least and got my first call two weeks after being officially on the list and then ended up being on hold when I got the official call. I can't wait to hear good news. I totally understand the wanting to be off that dialysis machine.

Amanda

Such good news. Praying the wait isn't 2 long for him. I can imagine it has been long enough of a wait already. Our thoughts and prayers go to him and your family.

Traci and Family

Latest posts

Back