Went to Halloweekends at Cedar Point yesterday ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Ohio people if you have never been to Cedar Point you must go! I get a season pass everyear since i live about 10 minutes away and spend most weekends there during the summer but after school starts i dont get to go as much. Halloweekends started at Cedar Point about 2 weeks ago and this was my first year going but deff not the last! Halloweekends is the 'scary halloween' version of cedar point. It starts after 7pm and they have haunted houses, CarnEvil, Fright Zones ext ..things like that! We went through all 8 haunted houses exept for the one because you get soaking wet in it and it was about 40degrees out. I went with a few friends and this stuff is actually scary they have! It in no way was cheesy like i always thought it was. Sooo much fun.

We left early though yesterday morning around 11am so we could ride some coasters, well ..correction so THEY could ride some coasters ..me watch in terror from the exit door. I dont ride coasters. I get a season pass every year so i can spend time with my friends there and walking around the park is most the fun. In the past 6 years of me going to the park i have never ridden a coaster ..nope not one! That changed yesterday. CP has this one ride called the iron dragon, its basically the ride everyone starts on who is scared of coasters. Its allot of sharp turns really fast and free falls. Took me about 15 minutes to build up the curage to get in line. I LOVED IT! Only part i didnt like was going from 5mph to 60mph in the timespan of 4 seconds after the first hill. We went on it 3x before deciding to step it up a notch. They got me on the power tower (never agian!) and Skyhawk. They (not me) went on the dragster, gemini and so many other big time rides. Skyhawk is basically the limit for me!

Honestly all Ohio, PA, IN, MI people ....you cannot find another place that is more worth the $39.99 and thats for all day! Halloweekends lasts untill the week of halloween and is actually everyday/night ..not just weekends i think, may be wrong. CP opens up at 10am and closes at midnight, i highly do not recomend doing what we did and going at 11am and staying untill midnight ...its going to take me all week to recover. Were going back next weekend though. woo was that fun!

Thought i would share the experience
default_wink.png
:

*If anyone is interested in going try to stop over, we live only about 10 minutes away.
default_wink.png
:

www.cedarpoint.com
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like fun. We have Six Flag Great Adventure about six miles away and they also have "FrightFest" on the weekends. I've never been to FrightFest though. I used to go to Great Adventure during the summers but no longer do as (1) I just don't have the time anymore (2) it is way too expensive (I think anyway) and (3) I am really not happy with the kind of crowd it has attracted the past few years. I have done the drive thru Safari though. Now, that is neat! Just make sure that if you have a pick up truck, don't get a load of hay before going. I did that (of course, I unloaded the hay first) and there was remnants of the hay in my truck bed and they stopped me and made me clean it out before entering the safari.
default_rolleyes.gif
: They said that it would attract all sorts of animals and they would try to get in the truck bed. :new_shocked:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures/Renditions

No Millenium Force for you then??
default_wink.png
: I admit I do have to close my eyes going down

that first hill. :eek:

My favorite since I was a teenager (and I am talking over 30 years ago!) was and still is

the Blue Streak! I just love flying right out of my seat on that old thing! The Magnum has a

great view from the 2nd hill, if you ever get up your nerve.

I love coasters because my stomach can't handle any rides that spin. I love the coasters

that don't twist around (got deathly ill on the Raptor!).

Aaaahhhh...it's four hours away for us, but if I lived close I'd have a season pass, too!

Shelley

Oh, what's the name of the big wooden (I think?) coaster they have there? I went on that back in '91 while visiting then-family. I went on a couple of them, but don't remember anything but that one. There's a picture of me going down the first hill; to look at my face you'd think I was face to face with the devil himself. I was so scared!

Heh, heh... If I ever get back that way, I'd love to give it another go. This time with my eyes open. :lol:

:aktion033: :saludando: Here we have Hallowscream at Busch Gardens. I used to get a seasons pass every year as a gift from my dad . Haven't had one since he died, have only been once since then. I don't like many of the rides. However the shows and shops are worth the visit. My best friend and I use to go just about every week have dinner at the Italian rest. caught a show and shopped. Liked getting Yule presents there, because they had imports you couldn't get any where else in the area.

keeperofthehorses Posted Today, 07:47 AM Oh, what's the name of the big wooden (I think?) coaster they have there? I went on that back in '91 while visiting then-family. I went on a couple of them, but don't remember anything but that one. There's a picture of me going down the first hill; to look at my face you'd think I was face to face with the devil himself. I was so scared!

Heh, heh... If I ever get back that way, I'd love to give it another go. This time with my eyes open.
The Gemini i think. My friends went on it. I'm a sissy
default_wink.png
:

Back