Weight loss group

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow -- the weight losses are fantastic! I love the "Biggest Loser" Show. Talk about hard work. And Karen, you are quite a great example of willpower and success and the results of that effort with those medical improvements.Kudos to you !!!! Correctly, you state "everyone is different" in what works .... or what fits our schedule/life style really.

We all know (hate to admit it tho
default_wink.png
) that sugar -- in most any form -- is a villan. Sodas are as much an issue as a candy bar........so, sugar has to all but disappear. The white breads/rolls, white pastas, fats & oils. Basically, anything that tastes good
default_laugh.png
in an indulgent sort of way. Actually freshly prepared foods taste great!

So, almost no canned or such prepared foods. Stop frying & just grill, bake, saute, etc., etc.

One of the biggest issues is the AMOUNT eaten. You know how we tell everyone to WEIGH the hay, concentrates they give the minis???? Well, same for us humans. Calories in must be less than calories out to lose. If you are IR, check the cushings site and follow directions...
default_new_shocked.gif
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
.... yes, low starch, sugars...if you want "fats" use those that are found in botanicals (EXCEPT palm, coconut) so that means canola, safflower, olive, avocado, etc.

So -- portion control, regularly scheduled meals (no skipping) and 15 minutes in the round pen at a walk, trot, walk
default_wacko.png
(did I SAY that?) Think about it -- I'm trying to put this in terms we relate to, not ridicule -- (I am working at dropping a couple pounds, too) but we need to look at this like we do with our horses. Problem is, we can walk into the kitchen and get more! :DOH!

I am sure glad that I LOVE steamed veggies!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_thumbup.gif
to all of the above!

I got on that evil stair stepper torture machine today that Steve bought and lasted a whopping 6 1/2 minutes...that thing is EVIL!!!!!!
default_thumbdown.gif

Latest posts

Back